Babies, Pack N plays, strollers

If you rent a 1 bedroom at Kidani or BLT, a PnP fits in the extra bathroom. Instant private bedroom for babies and toddlers ;) We do that every trip.

Wow this is a great tip! I didn't even think about this. We'll be in the studio half of a 2br at BLT. We'll have a 3 year old in the extra bed, but I was kind of stressing out about where to put the PnP for the 9 month old. We won't have anyone in the common area, so that bathroom is really just bonus space. OR--a baby bedroom!

Now tell me, you must bring a baby monitor or something when you put the baby in there right? Is there enough room that if your baby can pull up to stand in the PnP, they can't reach the bathroom counter, toilet, etc? (We had a 2br at Kidani last year but I can't recall the size of the extra bathroom). Also does the baby's movement turn on an obnoxious overhead vent (like walking into the larger bathrooms in the villa does)?

Wow this is a great tip! I didn't even think about this. We'll be in the studio half of a 2br at BLT. We'll have a 3 year old in the extra bed, but I was kind of stressing out about where to put the PnP for the 9 month old. We won't have anyone in the common area, so that bathroom is really just bonus space. OR--a baby bedroom!

Now tell me, you must bring a baby monitor or something when you put the baby in there right? Is there enough room that if your baby can pull up to stand in the PnP, they can't reach the bathroom counter, toilet, etc? (We had a 2br at Kidani last year but I can't recall the size of the extra bathroom). Also does the baby's movement turn on an obnoxious overhead vent (like walking into the larger bathrooms in the villa does)?

We brought our video monitor both times, but you could just use an audio one. We had DD at 11.5 months in the extra bathroom at BLT and at 18 months in the extra bathroom at Kidani. Neither time did the vent turn on that I noticed. We did have a white noise machine going for her in there as well.

I think DD could probably stretch her arms out and touch the sink ledge, but not close enough to mess with the faucets or anything. Same with the toilet handle. We moved the PnP in and out for her baths. We would just move it in the little hallway by the lockoff studio door.

Does the DVC discount apply to their stroller rentals too, or just the lockers??

I'll think about the lockers! We are going back in June & December so we would get our money's worth right away. But, for now, when we fly we always fly southwest, so since we can get our bags for free, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Even though i would REALLY like to get a Keurig to have on my Disney trips!!:)

Also, we always put our babies in the bathroom if the pnp fits!!!

That was our main :( about the Pop century! We couldn't do that there, too small... So sleep was rough when we stayed there!

Our kids (now 4.5 & 2). They have slept many many times in hotel bathrooms! Even as big as 2 ish they've never been able to get into any trouble in your average (Marriott) bathroom. I'm looking forward to doing it again soon :)

This bathroom idea is great--thanks for all the info. When we were at Kidani last year, I would look longingly at our huge master suite bathroom, knowing that 4 pack & plays could fit in there but also thinking how my son would easily wake up if any of us went in to use the bathroom at all (which we were sure to do, considering he goes to bed at 8 pm). But the extra bathroom will be perfect for this! Can't wait to try it out!

This is a little off topic but...I wanted to look into buying into dvc. I have a 7yr old and a 6 month old so we have many many years left of disney. We will be in disney at the end of March. Where would I go to look into it. Do they have dvc stations in the park or an actual building that I need to go to. Thanks so much!

We stay in a one bedroom and there was a highchair in the clost. Also we use abbf.com they will deliver anything you could possibly need for baby to your resort. We always get a crib(full-size) and the double city mini. We knew our kids wouldn't sleep in a pack n play and a cranky toddler + Disney= no fun for anyone.

We stay in a one bedroom and there was a highchair in the clost. Also we use abbf.com they will deliver anything you could possibly need for baby to your resort. We always get a crib(full-size) and the double city mini. We knew our kids wouldn't sleep in a pack n play and a cranky toddler + Disney= no fun for anyone.

Do u know if that crib would fit into a regular resort room at the contemporary? I'm a little nervous too about the pack and play for my little guy and for only $70 I think it might be worth it to look into that.

This is a little off topic but...I wanted to look into buying into dvc. I have a 7yr old and a 6 month old so we have many many years left of disney. We will be in disney at the end of March. Where would I go to look into it. Do they have dvc stations in the park or an actual building that I need to go to. Thanks so much!

there are all kinds of stations all around the parks. They will schedule you to go to SSR and take a tour/get the schpiel. But look around on here, you can save some $$ by buying resales! I wish I had known more about it before we bought, though we are VERY happy we bought! :)

If you rent a 1 bedroom at Kidani or BLT, a PnP fits in the extra bathroom. Instant private bedroom for babies and toddlers ;) We do that every trip.

It also fits in the laundry room in the 1 bedoom BLT! With 3 kids, we were using both bathrooms. The laundry room really worked for us.

Do u know if that crib would fit into a regular resort room at the contemporary? I'm a little nervous too about the pack and play for my little guy and for only $70 I think it might be worth it to look into that.

With a little moving around it might. Cant say for sure though.

You might even want to check out the other DVC boards on the DIS. Lots of information there.

It also fits in the laundry room in the 1 bedoom BLT! With 3 kids, we were using both bathrooms. The laundry room really worked for us.

Not all the laundry rooms are that big. Some are just closets. It depends on whether you are inside the C or outside the C.

Not all the laundry rooms are that big. Some are just closets. It depends on whether you are inside the C or outside the C.

Yeah we were in a theme park view room with just a laundry closet and then at Kidani with a laundry closet.

Like I said, laundry rooms, not the closets. :)

But I don't think everyone is aware of the differences between the inner circle villas and the outer circle villas. Just wanted them to know that some are smaller than others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter