Babies, Pack N plays, strollers

Lorilais_mommie

" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the
So we been looking into DVC..

Have few questions have popped up about the resorts..

So we plan to buy in(fingers crossed) later next month
we will have a few years left of needing all those fun baby items..

Does DVC provide pack n plays, like the resorts do? Or will I need to bring my own?

How about a sheet? Last nov, the resorts could not give us a pack n play sheet like they did in the past..
Part of the new bedding all the resorts have been getting?

Strollers how do they fit in the studios? About the same as room in the values?
do DVC get any discounts on strollers in the parks?

And anything else new DVC owners & parents of a baby might need to know about DVC rooms..
Thanks!

We are members in the same boat as you. I can say that the rooms all do include a PNP. Not sure about the sheet! Haven't stayed with my kids yet! :) guess I'll bring one unless someone answers otherwise.

Not sure I've seen anything in the stroller rental, but it's sure nice to save 10% on all the stuff my kids want in the parks :)

We just stayed in a value studio at Jambo house. My understanding is that these studios are smaller. Even then, I still would have had room for a double stroller. When we stayed at the POP it wouldn't fit in our room. We had to close it before we could get in !! Really felt that the room /set up was bigger than a value resort!

Hope that helps!!

We are members in the same boat as you.

We just stayed in a value studio at Jambo house. My understanding is that these studios are smaller. Even then, I still would have had room for a double stroller. When we stayed at the POP it wouldn't fit in our room. We had to close it before we could get in !! Really felt that the room /set up was bigger than a value resort!

Hope that helps!!

We had the same problem with our SINGLE stroller at Movies.. What a pain..
At the port orleans river there were 2 WIDE steps leading up to building, but at least I was able to get the stroller in the door..

Is there an age limit to their pack n plays?
My little is on the VERY small side.. She is two but only about the size of a one year old..
She will most likely still be in a pack n play until age 3 or 4..

We had a mickey sheet in the pnp in our room the last two trips.

We stay in 1 bedrooms so I can't comment on strollers in studios

We used the Disney pack n play with our 3 yr old last year! I'm sure there is a weight limit, but she was fine then. (And not small for her age. Just liked to be in her pnp still!

We have twins and they bring us an extra pack n play as well as sheets every time; in fact once they gave us 2 extra sheets. It is awesome for laundry. The best. We have only stayed in 1 brs but we always have room for a double stroller. We leave it by the door. Can't beat the full kitchen for prepping baby foods and bottles. It is sooo easy to vacation with babies there.

BLT is probably the smallest studio, so getting a larger stroller in or setting up the pack and play with the sleeper sofa open could be difficult.

OKW probably has the most space in the studio. All the bathroom is inside the bathroom space (no bathroom sink outside the tub/toilet area). But OKW also has more buildings without elevators (meaning you have to haul the stuff up to the second or third floor unless you request a first floor). Only three buildings have elevators and they are typically reserved for medical needs.

BLT is probably the smallest studio, so getting a larger stroller in or setting up the pack and play with the sleeper sofa open could be difficult.

OKW probably has the most space in the studio. All the bathroom is inside the bathroom space (no bathroom sink outside the tub/toilet area). But OKW also has more buildings without elevators (meaning you have to haul the stuff up to the second or third floor unless you request a first floor). Only three buildings have elevators and they are typically reserved for medical needs.

Thank you for this info..
I've had surgery on my hip, and stairs can be changeling if there are many.
Lifting a stroller up stairs would be impossible for me.
Which is the huge reason we are choosing DVC
we love Disney service, I never have to worry about lugging a Pack n Play through the airport!

Keep those DVC with baby tips coming!

biggest baby tip: owners locker. You can have a grocery delivery service or amazon deliver diapers to your room so you don't have to pack them, then leave the balance in your owners locker. Same with swimsuits for mom & dad, toothbrushes, baby sunscreen, first aid items, wipes, etc. you just have to do the math to determine how big your kids will likely be next trip, i just used their growth chart and added the months to figure their likely pound range for this trip to ensure they'd still be in the same size diapers. If you can swing it, I'd really try for a 1br. You can put the pack n play in the living room and not be in the same room as a noisy sleeping baby. Consider the very walkable resorts--for example Saratoga is walkable to Downtown Disney. Since the stroller will easily lull babies to sleep, that is a fabulous place to go because the point value is good and you can browse the shops, grab snacks, catch the 'street' entertainment all while the baby peacefully naps, or just looks around. Boardwalk is another good one--weirdly, for the first few years you want to pick resorts that are inherently entertaining to you. Save AKV, BC, and the other heavy kid hitters for when the kids do more than eat & sleep & look around. The kids clubs all start at 3 & potty trained, so look into finding a babysitter you like down there. The services are expensive and you don't get any choice in your sitter, so we used Sittercity to locate someone with great references. She is $20/hr for two kids which is on par or cheaper than the services, and we were able to check her references. Care.com likely also has Orlando listings. She has APs for all the theme parks so she can even join us there or take the kids if needed. So far we have only used her for a date night or two per trip but I think it seriously enhances the trip to have a night out --and for that I recommend JellyRolls ;) Until the baby can play/talk etc, don't plan too much around their entertainment because they just aren't going to get it and it will be just as entertaining to do something you like. Use the local zoo as a test--if they watch the animals and seem to be interested in exhibits, great. We found until about 14 mo all that interested them was fish tanks--instead of looking at the giant elephant, giraffe or chimp, they were watching little kids nearby or us. We are trying the MK and AK this trip with the girls at 17 mo so I'll let you know how it goes. They are much more aware and interested now so I am hoping they will be engaged. The focus on the early trips should be relaxation and togetherness more that touring, IMO. Ohhh!!! They love singing, dancing, clapping--we took them to the Hoop de doo for their 1st bday and they LOVED IT. They were banging on tables with huge wide eyes and grins. Totally worth the $ to see those little faces. They also get a huge kick scurrying around the villa. It is fairly childproof so we let them zoom around nonstop exploring. Abuse the free-ness---these are the last years of family fun at 2/3 or half price. Those kids get in free till 3 I think, and I think they are free on planes till 2 if you pop them on your lap. Time your flights with nap time and have them nurse or bottle feed at takeoff to prevent ear discomfort. We did this last time and they slept like babies. They loved characters at 12 mo. They have a little more stranger danger now so I can update as to how they are this trip, but we're doing two character meals so I am hoping they are still excited. They were leery of Santa this year although no tears or overt fear.

If you drink, save money & enhance your vacay by buying (again from grocery delivery person like WeGoShop or if you have a car, the liquor store) your favorite drinks/mixers... when those tots go to sleep you can grab a cocktail and sit on your balcony for sunset and parent time.

How big is the locker? Big enough for an umbrella stroller?

We probably won't go often enough to make the locker worth it (at least right now) but when we add on more points I would be interested :)

In my ideal world we will have 1 100 pt contract per kid to pass on. We have 100 at AKV now, would like to get another 100 there. And then future kiddos... :)

My DD rented a stroller from www.magicstroller.com (associated with Ownerslockers) for DGD Abby's first trip, and then decided on the City Mini for her. Owner's Locker of course gave great service.

Anyone know if there's a booster seat or highchair in the DVC suites or do I need to bring my own?

Definitely wasn't one I. My studio last month. I'd assume not in the villas unless it's adverixsd ..

There is a high chair in the 1 BR and bigger. It is a standard wooden restaurant kind.

Anyone know if there's a booster seat or highchair in the DVC suites or do I need to bring my own?

Every DVC Villa I've stayed in had a highchair in the closet. DVC aren't suites; they are villas. No booster chairs.

If you don't have one in the closet, call Housekeeping and request one. They should bring one up to you. They are just the wooden, non-adjustable ones.

seconded--just request one from housekeeping if you need it.

owners locker is not big enough for a stroller unless it is very collapsible. it's like a giant rubbermaid storage bin. Holds tons, but the dimensions of a stroller prob won't work. We bought a used Maclaren twin triumph for $40 at a garage sale and we take that with us. we use it in the airports too so rental would likely not cut it.

OH--bring lightweight baby carriers if you are traveling in the warmer seasons, like the boba air (very breathable nylon) or ergo sport. If you use a bjorn or other very padded carrier you and baby will be sweat soaked. we also use the carriers for the flight to keep them contained. they usually end up napping in them until we land.

If you planned to rent a car, remember you will need a car seat.

Check out one of the baby care centers. Great for diaper changes! They also have diapers, wipes, food, etc for sale.

We didn't allow enough time to get back to our resort to get the bottles before dinner. so i sent my DH for them. However, they were going down hill so in the meantime i discovered the hotel gift shop had apple cinnamon oatmeal. the girls had their first non-mom made baby food; the staff allowed me to sit in a chair they had for sale to feed the girls with a plastic spoon. So never panic! My husband showed up with their bottles and they were already fairly sated!!!

My DD rented a stroller from www.magicstroller.com (associated with Ownerslockers) for DGD Abby's first trip, and then decided on the City Mini for her. Owner's Locker of course gave great service.

The website is Magic Strollers - very easy to use as they will deliver and collect from bell services at your resort :)

How big is the locker? Big enough for an umbrella stroller?

We probably won't go often enough to make the locker worth it (at least right now) but when we add on more points I would be interested :)

In my ideal world we will have 1 100 pt contract per kid to pass on. We have 100 at AKV now, would like to get another 100 there. And then future kiddos... :)

Every thing you need to know about Owners Locker can be found on their website - totally changes the way you vacation even if you only visit once a year. Wouldn't be without our lockers now :thumbsup2

If you rent a 1 bedroom at Kidani or BLT, a PnP fits in the extra bathroom. Instant private bedroom for babies and toddlers ;) We do that every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter