• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Autism books by Jenny McCarthy

i live in same house as grandson 4 who was newly diagnosed last sept with high functioning autism, while christmas shopping with my daughter who found jennys first book and looking for answers herself as we knew nothing about autism , i bought her the first book , and read it myself, i cried thru most of it because it was mirroring what was going on in my house minus the seizures. for me her first book was fine because we could relate to alot that was said in it. i have not seen her second book, but studying autism and finding out everything i can about it, i dont believe everything she is saying now, there is no cure for autism, there is just one big roller coaster ride of ups and downs, i am a nurse and i looked back in what my medical books had said years ago and they totally had it wrong, no wonder so many doctors do not know tht much about it, the newer medical books like merek have it right as of this date. we have tried different approaches with my grandson, that seems to have work, liquid vitamins,(which seem to stimulate his appetite-even though he still is picky and wont touch afruit or vegetable) organic foods and cooking, no processed foods, nothing with artifical colors or dyes. all this has seemed to help with his eating and some behaviors. now at least he looks at the camera and smiles when you go to take a picture, we have not use the gf/cf diet and autism is as different and individualized as every child on the spectrum. so as for her first book i think its good for parents of newly diagnosed children, but after the shock wears off , which it will fast as you start to help and advocate for your child, find what works best for your child, build your support system, be prepared to fight for your childs rights in school and thank heaven that God thinks that you are special and strong enough to trust you with a child on the spectrum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter