August weather and crowds???

[QUOTE
I just need to avoid "what's August like" posts!

I really appreciate your post! [/B][/QUOTE]

Your welcome. I know you'll have a blast!::yes::

We went the last week in August in 2002.
This was our first trip to disney. We had very little rain.. actually only late in the evening. It was hot but we walked into almost all the rides. This more than made up for any heat discomfort. I'm from Kingston Ontario and the heat really didn't bother us at all. Every indoor ride is air conditioned so we were inside more than outside. We are going again the last week of August 2005 !!!!

I'm going towards the middle of August.......Even though the rain was crazy last year as I heard, I know it is very unusual for it to rain for very long.......I remember when I went in July 2000 and it POURED when I was at Universal but I got back to the Swan and it never looked like it rained there.........SO WEIRD:p

I'm hopeful for a little rain trip because it will be a birthday celebration for me and I cannot wait:)

:D :D :D :sunny: :D :D :D

My last two trips have been the last two weeks in August, and honestly, I didn't think it was bad at all!! Certainly not any worse that it is up here in Jersey during the same time. In fact four years ago, it was actually warmer in NJ that it was in Florida! Go figure:smooth: Two years ago, we hardly had any trouble with rain either. The occasional rain shower, was very occasional.

The crowds are certainly not bad at all. Especially with FastPass. I never felt like the waits were bad. We never had any problem with priority seatings or anything.

We go in late August every other year, and will continue to do it, without hesitation.

:wave2:

I really didn't think the crowds were that bad last year either. If you have some sort of "semi plan" and use fast passes... it works out nice. Someone had a good idea about when it gets hot... get a drink in air conditioning or go into a store to help yourself...

DON'T FORGET THE MISTER FANS!!! I'm not a big fan of heat but like one of the previous posters said, its not any cooler up north but the humidity can be a killer but that's where these Mister Fans come in handy, believe me you put some ice in there with the water and spray yourself and its heaven! I don't like the heat but I love Disney in the summer! We take our ponchos but seldom use them, we walk right out in the rain to cool off and its wonderful. Just remember if it rains the parks tend to empty out and then you have the whole park to yourselves (so to speak). Have a good time no matter what, you're in the Happiest Place on Earth!

out of the last 4 - 5 summers of going in August, last year was really the HOTTEST and we had RAIN almost daily. all the other summers we had rain an hour or two here and there. and i think cause of FTP it was JAM PACKED. but we still had fun . i think the later end of Aug isnt as bad, except the holiday week end into labor day is busy. we dont want to take dd out of middle school, plus sports, etc. so thats why we go in august. but i would still rather be in Disney in the heat and rain , than back at home in the heat. lol. just take your time , enjoy the little things. we also went back to our disney hotel and swam, which was a great way to break up the days. have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter