Went on a hike
Went to a baseball game
Went swimming
Went on a road trip
Read a book
Went to the state fair
Watch fireworks
Ate ice cream

It's funny that fireflies are on the list - we were just talking last week about how we don't see many fireflies around like we used to. I looked into it and it is definitely a thing that in the Midwest, the population of fireflies has definitely decreased. Not that I haven't seen any, just not like they used to be around here.
I wanted to hit "like" on your list 😃 and "sad face" on the fireflies. - I've noticed there are fewer of them as well. 🙁

Today my self care is going to be a nap between lunch at my mom's and dinner at my MIL's.

We went to Top Golf yesterday for our company's outing and it was so fun. We ended up staying out pretty late last night (at least for us) and I'm wiped today lol!

It's kind of overcast here today anyway, so perfect for a good nap!

So I am not only the kindergarten captain, but I am now officially the mom of the group. Everyone is texting me with their issues and about kids starting tomorrow. I had to bring a boatload of work home this weekend because they needed me on Friday and kept me from finishing my work. It’s fine. I get it.

Me time probably won’t happen today.

Summer list:
Road trips
Books
Stargazing (also moon gazing)
Movie Nights
Beach days
Nature walks
Bonfire
Carnival (actually a street fair, but close enough)
Ice cream (before I made all these food changes)
I'm still determined to do outdoor music and am planning to go to a thing Tuesday
evening.

Self-care today:
I did go to spin class and also took a short hike to a local waterfall that I've been thinking about for a while.

And more self-care, I've backed away from doing keto/up to 20 grams of carbs and switched to low carb/up to 50 grams of carbs instead. The keto just wasn't working for me with the intermittent fasting routine... too challenging to get enough calories in (Dr Pelz recommends 1200 to 1500) during a four hour eating window. And I have to say, as much as my body loves fasting (and it does) my soul loves going out and having a decadent meal with a good amount of calories, healthy carb and fats. Yesterday for lunch I had grilled salmon, asparagus and Yukon gold potatoes. OMG it tasted so good and I was satiated for the first time in days, plus I didn't go out of ketosis. This morning for breakfast I had a half order of Eggs Benedict with shrimp and crab and a side of hash browns. Had to skip the muffin it was on (staying away from refined flour or sugar) and only ate half of the potatoes, but it was so so good.

This afternoon I'm going to a movie/comedy up in the fancy theater room, the previews have made everyone laugh so I'm looking forward to it.

Summer list:
Road trips
Books
Stargazing (also moon gazing)
Movie Nights
Beach days
Nature walks
Bonfire
Carnival (actually a street fair, but close enough)
Ice cream (before I made all these food changes)
I'm still determined to do outdoor music and am planning to go to a thing Tuesday
evening.

Self-care today:
I did go to spin class and also took a short hike to a local waterfall that I've been thinking about for a while.

And more self-care, I've backed away from doing keto/up to 20 grams of carbs and switched to low carb/up to 50 grams of carbs instead. The keto just wasn't working for me with the intermittent fasting routine... too challenging to get enough calories in (Dr Pelz recommends 1200 to 1500) during a four hour eating window. And I have to say, as much as my body loves fasting (and it does) my soul loves going out and having a decadent meal with a good amount of calories, healthy carb and fats. Yesterday for lunch I had grilled salmon, asparagus and Yukon gold potatoes. OMG it tasted so good and I was satiated for the first time in days, plus I didn't go out of ketosis. This morning for breakfast I had a half order of Eggs Benedict with shrimp and crab and a side of hash browns. Had to skip the muffin it was on (staying away from refined flour or sugar) and only ate half of the potatoes, but it was so so good.

This afternoon I'm going to a movie/comedy up in the fancy theater room, the previews have made everyone laugh so I'm looking forward to it.
I'm glad you finally got to do your spin class!!

And it sounds like you have a great eating plan going forward!

So I am not only the kindergarten captain, but I am now officially the mom of the group. Everyone is texting me with their issues and about kids starting tomorrow. I had to bring a boatload of work home this weekend because they needed me on Friday and kept me from finishing my work. It’s fine. I get it.

Me time probably won’t happen today.
:hug: - the good news is this group will be trained right!

Oh this is fun to remember everything we did this summer! Here’s my list:

Went swimming
Had a beach day
Went on a road trip
Had lots of cookouts
Ate (too much!) ice cream
Family vacation
Read (several) books-just finished one tonight actually!!

Self care Sunday went well, did 2.5 mile walk before church, did 30 mins of weights and 30 mins of yoga too this afternoon-had the energy and the time so I went for it!!!

I can’t believe the weekend is over! DD and I have eye appointments at 8am tomorrow so taking 2 hours of vacation time in the morning to get that done. I know my eyes have gotten worse and I broke my glasses so thankfully I am eligible for another pair this year!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

That is a great quote @PollyannaMom! I know we usually feel like it should be a light switch, but for me, it definitely is not!

This week, my motivation is that we're going on a quick trip for this long weekend. DH and I took Friday off and we're going on a 3 night cruise. I always seem to have a good weekend leading up to a trip because I want a little leeway for it. Now that the kids are older and we travel a bit more, I have to be more careful not to backslide while we're gone.

I also love the "dance" analogy and haven't heard that before. Seems like what you usually hear is a "winding road" but "dance" sounds so much lighter and more delightful.

Motivation this week is all about vacation. I leave Saturday on the redeye and will get to the resort about 8am Sunday, but I have a room reserved for Saturday night because I am going to need to sleep for sure. I figure I'll be heading over to EPCOT around 1pm. Hmmm... I probably need to adjust my fasting/eating windows before I go to account for the time change.

I've already started packing and really thinking about what is going with me and what isn't. I need to take one more look at my ADRs, now that I have a good feel for how this new food plan is going to work. The storm currently aimed at Florida is predicted to go north of Orlando, but the forecast is still for it to be rainy on Sunday so need to think about waterproofing myself.

The storm will be going right over Gainesville, where we have a facility... two weeks ago we were shutting down buildings in Southern California now the east coast. Hoping all stay safe.

I also love the "dance" analogy and haven't heard that before. Seems like what you usually hear is a "winding road" but "dance" sounds so much lighter and more delightful.

Motivation this week is all about vacation. I leave Saturday on the redeye and will get to the resort about 8am Sunday, but I have a room reserved for Saturday night because I am going to need to sleep for sure. I figure I'll be heading over to EPCOT around 1pm. Hmmm... I probably need to adjust my fasting/eating windows before I go to account for the time change.

I've already started packing and really thinking about what is going with me and what isn't. I need to take one more look at my ADRs, now that I have a good feel for how this new food plan is going to work. The storm currently aimed at Florida is predicted to go north of Orlando, but the forecast is still for it to be rainy on Sunday so need to think about waterproofing myself.

The storm will be going right over Gainesville, where we have a facility... two weeks ago we were shutting down buildings in Southern California now the east coast. Hoping all stay safe.
That's such a good idea to get a room for the night before so you have somewhere to go rest. DS and some friends went to Vegas this past weekend. His flight left central time zone around 6:00 am, so they had to get to the airport around 4 in the morning. They landed in Vegas around 7:30 am their time and really had no where to go until they could check in. He got home late last night (around 2:00 am) to see what they ended up doing. I'd imagine they dropped their bags and just headed out for the day - but where you're not 21 that's not so appealing lol!

Last week ended up being a very up and down week and very busy. The kids started school on Tuesday and everything was going great until Wednesday. Elizabeth has her riding lesson that night and they told her that they are selling the horse she got attached to over the summer. She was devastated. She begged me to buy the horse and well the answer was no. We can't afford a horse. She cried from about 4 on Wednesday until some point on Thursday. She refused to talk to me (I was the worst mom in the world) so I didn't know where her head was. She did she her councilor in the morning at school and since she has worked with us through all of the stuff with Elizabeth she let me know that Elizabeth was doing ok and she got her to go to class. However, this all made my Thursday horrible and I cried most of Thursday morning. I was just so worried about Elizabeth. Thankfully some staff at work knows everything that we have been through so I was able to let them know and they were good if I need to leave.

Thursday was also our Staff retreat at work. With everything in the morning with Elizabeth, I checked my email before heading into work. I needed to get myself together (though it didn't help, I still cried while telling by boss and the head the employee engagement team). I got an email from our HR that I was exposed to Covid on Tuesday at work in a training that we had and needed to wear a mask at the office. Not what I needed that morning.

Then that night we found out the Nick failed his college class. Not because he didn't know it but because he didn't do all of the work. This has been a struggle with him since 5th grade.

It was just a crappy day but all is better now. For the good news for the week, I lost about 3 pounds. I have done some more walking (I walked to the ball field to get the tickets on Thursday and then again for the game) and yesterday I went to the zoo. For the most part I have just been making better choices on what I am eating.

That's such a good idea to get a room for the night before so you have somewhere to go rest. DS and some friends went to Vegas this past weekend. His flight left central time zone around 6:00 am, so they had to get to the airport around 4 in the morning. They landed in Vegas around 7:30 am their time and really had no where to go until they could check in. He got home late last night (around 2:00 am) to see what they ended up doing. I'd imagine they dropped their bags and just headed out for the day - but where you're not 21 that's not so appealing lol!
I used to do the redeye all the time and was able to check in early more often than not, then one trip the room wasn't available until 5pm, so lesson learned. The odd part is that my avatar was taken that day... when I finally got in to the room I ran thru the shower and ran to the bus to EPCOT, then they were 45 minutes late seating me! I'm pretty sure I had been fed when the picture was taken, so was at least feeling human again.

Posting the Topic Tuesday question before I go to bed, since I need to be up and out early in the morning:

This is a "rank your reasons" question. We probably all exercise for many different benefits, but which are the three or four most important to you?

IMG_1136.jpeg

Motivation is to finish the summer/start the school year strong. The last couple weeks have been nutty with DS11's anxiety, got him a therapist appointment next week. Hopefully he calms down after Jr high orientation tomorrow night. And DD has Popsicles on the playground Wednesday night when we'll be able to meet her teacher for kindergarten and hopefully learn more about her classroom situation.
The boys had their first official belt test for karate tonight and passed. The instructors are really good about judging DS8 on his effort as opposed to his skill. By the end I think he was too tired to be exciting about earning his next belt. DD11 was thrilled...and he met another student who is an 8th grader at his new school.
Me? Trying to keep my head on straight. It's not easy. But I did meet my water goal for over a week straight which is great since I've been slacking on the weekends. Just need to get into the groove of a new school year and then I can buckle down and try to get looking cute before next summer's vaca.

That is a great list of exercise benefits, I didn't know some of those!
Going to go with:
Reduces diabetes risk
Improves memory
Manages chronic pain
Genetics are not on my side for those things so I need to be proactive when possible.

Had a lovely weekend with all our friends in Seattle. Ate a ton of food, but mostly protein and veggies so feeling pretty good about it all.

One of the gals walked the River Thames Path last month. That's the length of the entire Thames River. She said it was wonderful. Now DH and I are thinking about doing that! We've got a long way to go before that can happen. She said she walked about 13 miles a day.

Tonight a girlfriend said she is going to Guatemala over spring break. She's been many times before. I think DH and I may have to join her!

I'll say yes to all 20, that's a great list.

OK, Orlando ground transportation is booked, so the only things left are house and car cleaning, finish the last little bit of packing, get waxed Thursday and finish my pedicure... I'm having to do it myself and am putting on one coat per night to make sure it dries properly.

The fasting is going really well, I was watching more videos last night and in one she spoke to how one benefit can be cells repelling viruses when you are in autophagy, which happens at 17 hours, so I'm going to stick with 20/4 until I leave. While there anything between 20/4 and 16/8 will be fine. I added TS to the days I didn't have any thing booked so that is all set, the one thing I'm still figuring out is how to break the fast with fats. I'm really looking forward to some yummy meals, it is so joyful to be thinking about what I should eat not so much about what I shouldn't.

My reasons for exercise have definitely changed over the years - it used to be primarily to try to look better.

Now, I'd say my main reasons are increase mobility. I don't have an issue with that right now, but seeing my mom, I know I'll be just like her if I'm not proactive about it.

I recently read a book - Younger Next Year - and it was all about the benefits of exercise and how vital it is to healthy living as we age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter