~ Aug 2013~ Sew what... We've gotta find a way back! Part I!!

D~ Congrates on booking your air! I get up everyday and check for my return flight, it has gone from $278 to $249 and has now been at $280 for about a week. That is a lot for 1 person one-way more than we normally pay for RT. My last two trips I bought the ins thru the airline too.

We use to do long trips 7-10 days but our one coming up and our 2 last year were for 5 nights and 6 days which is just about perfect, plus we do the night before at the airport hotel and in Dec we did a late flight home then stayed overnight at the airport hotel so we could make the drive home refreshed and in the daylight. Your lucky you get the Military discount as I read POFQ was only 5% with the summer discount.

POR has a discount on this sale... a little over 5%...but it looks like POFQ is excluded completely on this summer sale. I hate when they don't publish the EXACT % off...makes it easy for them to change it based on how many rooms they have left. (not that Disney would ever do that ...of course...;) )

Nini

Since I have a few minutes this morning - I thought I would start over with my calendar pages... And since so many things fell into place so nicely this week, I feel like I am able to set previous plans into stone.

We will wake at approximately 4:30... But I know that I will be awake much earlier than that.

We will all get ready and pack our final items in our bags.

Josh will take us to the airport, and we will leave home at about 5:30am.

It's about a half hour/45 min trip for us, so we will arrive at the airport at about 6:15.

Josh will help us into the terminal again and we will say our goodbyes after we check our luggage.

The girls and I will go through security, and stop at the icky airport food vendor to grab some stale muffins and coffee/juice for the flight.

Our flight leaves at approx 8:10am.

We are set to arrive in Orlando at 12:15 their time.

We will deplane and head to ME...

I hope to be checked in to our resort by 1:30.

We will immediately head to Sassagoula for some lunch... My girls are not happy when they have to eat late.

We will also have our swim gear packed into our carry-ons, just in case our room isn't ready, so we can swim.

Once our room is ready, we will throw our stuff in there, and head to MK... Gotta see our Castle and let "The World" know we've arrived.

Hopefully we will get to meet up with Suzi and gang - whether it's at our resort or MK later.

We will take a few spins on Splash... and hopefully BTMRR (but it's always being refurbed when we go, so we'll see...)... We will also probably have some dinner at Pecos, and enjoy some Dole Whips on our favorite bench. Maybe head over to check out FLE a little bit...

We will head back to the resort early, so we can unpack a little and get to bed early...

Arrivaldayday1Photobucket-1.jpg

D~

Your park plans sounds great. I'm sure you and your girls can figure out what you want to do and if you should go to the water parks or not :)

Hope the Dr was able to talk her into staying off it as much as possible so it can heal. I feel bad for my DH at times because he'll be in so much pain.

Mini goals are a good thing with a reward at the end. Something I'm trying really hard to do myself.

Oh no about going in when you weren't even supposed to be there!! At least you were able to work on some of stuff.

Day 1 sounds super! And hopefully you'll get to ride BTMRR - it's much better after the refurb.

Good luck to Ali with the DR - and you can take that anyway you want: good luck it's better, Good Luck it's a cast and she'll be forced to stay off it, good luck, it isn't a cast and you're stuck at status quo.

Hope your day was better than mine: Didn't sleep well and had to get to the GM dealers EARLY for a recall fix, found out my thermostat was kaputz (but it was covered by warranty) got to work and apparently all heck was breaking out. Oh, and my DH has turned in his month's notice to work with his dad and brothers - not a small source of stress in my life.

Hope everyone and their loved ones are doing better/well/fabulous, depending on situation.

Sounds like a plan....I had changed our plan that day to the MK because of all the crowd calendar changes. And our plan is to hit the park at opening then head back to the resort for lunch and pool time each day. So we can meet you for lunch that day down at FQ.

I think we will be at POR. An insurance rep came into work today and was introducing himself to me. He saw all my Disney pics on my desk and asked me if I went often. Come to find out, he is a huge Disney fan and we got talking about it. He has stayed at POR the past 3 times and loves it. I told him my biggest concern was the bus, and he said they never had a problem. He said if you are up and there for the first buses, they aren't packed. It is when you wait until 9-10am to get going that they fill up. So I think we will be fine. And it is will allow us to have more fun with special stuff if we are saving that money.

So....what I mean to say is that we will be right next door still! And we will go to the park in the morning, then around 12 we can head back to our room and grab our mugs and head down to FQ to welcome you three. It will give me a chance to show Sara and Bradey that resort. I think Bradey will like that pool better than POR. And if you want, you guys can come up to see our room and use it to change into bathing suits. The girls like the POR pool, right?

im still upset no chef Mickey's

well if you can't get the water park in then WE HAVE TO PLAN A DELLS TRIP!

girls need water.

i'm EXCITED FOR YOUUUUU!
Love when plans come together.

Thanks Mo... I agree - and the girls agree... They need water. We will work on our more in depth plans this weekend.

D~ Congrates on booking your air! I get up everyday and check for my return flight, it has gone from $278 to $249 and has now been at $280 for about a week. That is a lot for 1 person one-way more than we normally pay for RT. My last two trips I bought the ins thru the airline too.

I know... I hate how much I had to pay for airfare. But honestly - when I talked to Josh about it (he purchased the airfare for our last trip) - he said that's about what he paid last year... So, I feel less bad, but I was hoping for a better deal. I sure hope you find a stellar deal on your return airfare, so it off sets your outbound a little.

[We use to do long trips 7-10 days but our one coming up and our 2 last year were for 5 nights and 6 days which is just about perfect, plus we do the night before at the airport hotel and in Dec we did a late flight home then stayed overnight at the airport hotel so we could make the drive home refreshed and in the daylight. Your lucky you get the Military discount as I read POFQ was only 5% with the summer discount.

I can't imagine going for a short trip... I always try to go for as long as we can, so that airfare doesn't seem so bad. I hate paying huge amounts for airfare if we are only there for 5 or 6 days. I think the shortest trip I could ever do is 7 days. :confused3

I am thrilled I got the Military discount... I had pretty much lost all hope.

POR has a discount on this sale... a little over 5%...but it looks like POFQ is excluded completely on this summer sale. I hate when they don't publish the EXACT % off...makes it easy for them to change it based on how many rooms they have left. (not that Disney would ever do that ...of course...;) )

Nini

I am still so thrilled that we were able to get POFQ... I had really given up hope at this point. Now, I need to get in and get my military ID done again (it's expired). :rolleyes1

I love it!!!!!

Yay!!!

Your park plans sounds great. I'm sure you and your girls can figure out what you want to do and if you should go to the water parks or not

Thanks... We've been talking about it... :woohoo:

Hope the Dr was able to talk her into staying off it as much as possible so it can heal. I feel bad for my DH at times because he'll be in so much pain.

I will do an Alli update below... I sure hope that your DH is able to heal his soon.

Mini goals are a good thing with a reward at the end. Something I'm trying really hard to do myself.]/quote]

My mini goals are VERY small... Like - I can't eat breakfast until I get to a certain spot on a bag. LOL Hunger usually forces me to work harder. :rolleyes1

Oh no about going in when you weren't even supposed to be there!! At least you were able to work on some of stuff.

LOL - yes, it kind of wrecked my whole day, and threw me off kilter. Oh well... I am still caught up, so I am OK with it.

Day 1 sounds super! And hopefully you'll get to ride BTMRR - it's much better after the refurb.

I hope so... It's only ever been open ONCE in all the times we have been there. And, as of now, there is nothing on the schedule to be refurbed - which makes me a bit nervous. The only thing I am semi-sorta OK with, is that Splash just went through a refurb - so hopefully it is good for another year... xxx fingers crossed xxx

Good luck to Ali with the DR - and you can take that anyway you want: good luck it's better, Good Luck it's a cast and she'll be forced to stay off it, good luck, it isn't a cast and you're stuck at status quo.

Thanks... I will do an Alli update below.

Hope your day was better than mine: Didn't sleep well and had to get to the GM dealers EARLY for a recall fix, found out my thermostat was kaputz (but it was covered by warranty) got to work and apparently all heck was breaking out. Oh, and my DH has turned in his month's notice to work with his dad and brothers - not a small source of stress in my life.

Yikes... Everything sounds stressful. Glad your thermostat was a warranty fix - what a relief! So, what are your DH's plans now?

Hope everyone and their loved ones are doing better/well/fabulous, depending on situation.

I agree...

Sounds like a plan....I had changed our plan that day to the MK because of all the crowd calendar changes. And our plan is to hit the park at opening then head back to the resort for lunch and pool time each day. So we can meet you for lunch that day down at FQ.

Sounds good... If you want, you can bring Brassy's swim trunks, and he can swim with the girls (or more than likely - V... Since Alli is more of a "tanning chair" girl these days).

I think we will be at POR. An insurance rep came into work today and was introducing himself to me. He saw all my Disney pics on my desk and asked me if I went often. Come to find out, he is a huge Disney fan and we got talking about it. He has stayed at POR the past 3 times and loves it. I told him my biggest concern was the bus, and he said they never had a problem. He said if you are up and there for the first buses, they aren't packed. It is when you wait until 9-10am to get going that they fill up. So I think we will be fine. And it is will allow us to have more fun with special stuff if we are saving that money.

So....what I mean to say is that we will be right next door still! And we will go to the park in the morning, then around 12 we can head back to our room and grab our mugs and head down to FQ to welcome you three. It will give me a chance to show Sara and Bradey that resort. I think Bradey will like that pool better than POR. And if you want, you guys can come up to see our room and use it to change into bathing suits. The girls like the POR pool, right?

I hope that you stay at POR - but honestly, I am OK with where ever you stay. We'll still see eachother. :thumbsup2

Yes, the girls LOVE the main pool at POR. I do want to be in MK by about 4pm though, so we have enough time to ride our favorites and get back to the resort at a decent hour.

Kathy and Suzi: I am looking at potentially switching our first MK and AK days with eachother. Kathy - I know you and I are both in MK on the 22nd, and we are planning a meet. But the crowds are supposed to be kind of bad there that day, so if I can get all my ADRs switched, I would like to switch those days around.

OK... First I will do an Alli update... As you all know, I took her back in to the Dr. yesterday. She was concerned that Alli's ankle was still quite swollen for being 8 days after injury... The bruising that was apparent earlier in the week was nearly gone - which is normal. The Dr was going to put her back on crutches, but she was able to find her a brace that really stabilized her ankle - so as long as Alli uses the brace, she doesn't have to use the crutches. The Dr. pulled her out of ALL lower body activity until she is cleared, and told Alli - under no circumstances is she to be on that foot for any reason. She also has to elevate constantly... So, in every class - she has to pull up an extra chair to keep it elevated.

The Dr. did clear her to go to the MoA tomorrow for her birthday, but told us it must be a short trip, and she can only go if she elevates and ices all through the rest of the weekend. In other words - she can only do the MoA... The rest of the weekend, she must rest, otherwise she can't go.

Once the Dr saw the swelling though, she was concerned... She does not think Allison tore any ligaments, she pulled on her ankle a bit (Alli screamed, of course) and said it was loose, but she didn't think it was loose enough that it signified a torn ligament.

I did take a photo of her ankle at the Dr's office though. Even I didn't realize how swollen it still was, until she was up on the table and her ankle was more at my eye level. The bruising - you can hardly see - is shadowed in the picture... but pretty much - where ever there's a shadow is where the bruising is/was.

20130418_163300.jpg

So, hopefully she stays off of it as much as possible today, and she elevates like she is supposed to, and she heals soon. I am so worried that she will struggle with this for years to come if she does't take care of it.

So, I worked at Target yesterday. My day went really fast... I worked on a few small projects and I got to reset the Gift Card end cap. That was LOADS of fun... I held all the Disney GCs and dreamed of the (very soon) day that they'd all be mine. :rotfl2:

Then, after work, I took Alli to the Dr. Poor Josh - forgot about Alli's Dr. appt, and drove all the way to school to get her... In a snow/ice storm no less. Thankfully he wasn't too upset.

Yup - you heard right, we got snow last night. Plowable snow... At the end of April... We are paying for last year's wonderful winter. We just keep dreaming of Disney and palm trees... Even if we are going to be there in the dead awful heat of summer. :scared:

My Bambi set auction started yesterday. I have a certain $$ figure in my head that I need all of my auctions to make for our trip budget... So, hopefully this one will hit that. It's pretty close now, so I am happy with whatever I get for it.

Today, I will be working in my sewing room all day... No shopping trip for me. I hope to finish my appliques and begin assembly - if I am lucky, I hope to finish this bag today - It's going to be close though.

Next week, I have no custom orders scheduled, so it will be a week spent exclusively on my BIG Auction items. I was going to do my BIG auction on the 3rd thursday of June... However, I am worried about doing it then, because there are a few launches ending the day before. So, I may end up moving it to the 2nd Tuesday or Thursday in June... I don't want to compete or take any business from them at all. Unfortunately, I can't move it to any later in June because we will be at the lake, so my only option is to do it sooner. :scratchin

I know, I know... Still doing the happy dance about our airfare and POFQ... We are soooo excited, and can hardly contain ourselves. We are so happy to be staying at our home away from home! :woohoo:

I hope you all have an fantastic day... I hope that everyone is doing OK... Still sending hugs and prayers out to those recovering from Boston and Texas, and everyone else (Ruth, Ruthie, Dan... Hopefully I didn't miss anyone) :grouphug:

D~

We stayed, just for one night, at POR in Dec at the end of our trip and didn't have any issues with the buses. We were out there early for buses, but we were also at the bus stop near our room, not the main bus stop. We checked in at 7:30am so we were fairly early on the buses, but probably around 8. We maybe waited 10 minutes for a bus and I think one filled up while we were there so we just waited for the next one. (That's because the first one was full from the main stop.) Just to encourage you that the buses will be a-ok at POR!

D- Praying for healing for Alli and that she heads the advice and keeps it elevated and stays off of it as much as possible. I'm glad she'll still at least get to enjoy her birthday shopping trip.

Your first day looks like so much fun! We were debating add the WPF&M on if we added an extra day (we would have added it on to our military tickets) but ended up deciding not to add an extra day. Then last night DH was looking at our plans and said, let's add a day, but let's actually relax and do a resort/pool day since it's summer. So we talked it over with our oldest and he agreed. I don't think he'd say no to extra time at Disney no matter what he was doing. I guess it was our compromise to the extra cost of an extra day. We'll pay for the room & dining, but won't have any expense of tickets. We might actually use the vouchers for mini golf for the first time. The plan is that the first day we'll check in then head to DTD for shopping and dinner at Fulton's (DH's choice and probably why he wants an extra day so we can squeeze it in!). Then the next day we'll take it easy, hit the pool, maybe mini golf, do dinner at Whispering Canyon and then if I can swing it we'll do the Pirates & Pals Fireworks voyage as a special treat for our youngest's birthday. But I digress and sort of stole your thread here! :blush:

I'm still so excited that you got the military discount for the hotel you wanted! I've had really good luck, but I know not everyone does! And that is a great discount for FQ considering the discount offer out now to everyone! :cool1: There is nothing like getting exactly what you want! :thumbsup2

I am SO glad to hear about A for ANKLE.. Your right later down the road it can give her issues. Unfortunately kids don't look down the road and think we parents are nuts :crazy: need to take care if it NOW!!! Crutches are horrible evil devices. but she can look at it like upper body conditioning?!?:confused3

Sorry you had the snow. I will stick with the massive amounts of rain... today.. it is snowing in some parts... :crazy2: TIRED OF BEING COLD!!!!

:cheer2: for booking everything. it is the best feeling EVER!!! i'm excited to hear what you gals come up with this weekend!!!

By the way:
"Sounds good... If you want, you can bring Brassy's swim trunks, and he can swim with the girls (or more than likely - V... Since Alli is more of a "tanning chair" girl these days). "

Had me on the floor laughing...

pixiedust: to all!!!

Heading out to P/T so only have a short time (sent you a LONG email D)
re-checking airfares after you book....never look back its done and you're coming :cool1: what would be the point of looking at the fares again?

Makes about as much sense as fawning over my "skinny pictures" from years gone by instead of being happy with the body I got now :rotfl2:

so thrilled you got the fares the resort and WDW is waiting for you :woohoo:

ALLI....read the email with your mother

DH's Dad and brothers are toying with the idea of working on house renovation. I don't know details, but I do know that FIL has been informed that his boys won't work without compensation. He's looking at some part-time work; maybe at my workplace if it's available. The whole thing has been a long time coming. He's worked in a call center for over 15 years and is burnt out. More than that, the work environment he's been in for the past 5 years or so has steadily become more toxic: mentally and physically.

I'm a worrier by nature and my own family experiences makes me really stress out about money, so I'm working through my fears. I pray that this is ultimately the best thing & past experience in my life (and Dh's) is that while it seems the darkest, God is planning the best thing right around the corner. I'm holding onto that like a life preserver. God's got our back. (DH's phrasology there:))

Poor Ali - or rather HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ali!! Hope she has fun at the MOA!!

Hoping that you get the price you need for the auction bag! & that a DISmeet at POR can happen so the girls can get their ogle in!

Everybody - have a good weekend!!

First of all...it is probably a good idea to get your id card redone... I have to get mine redone next January.

Also...Look at you....on page 200 already! Remember...the Dis likes to close down your thread if you get over 250 pages... So you might should start making plans to do a part 2....LOL!

Nini

So sorry to hear about Alli still struggling with that ankle. K-I-D-S ... it's a four letter word. ;)
I'm sorry you got snow....look at that another 4 letter word. :rotfl2:

Good luck on the Bambi set!

Ruthie - hope PT went well.

Thank you for the prayers for Boston. Law enforcement is still looking for the 2nd bomber. Hard to believe a 19 year old is evading so much law enforcement. But, they have to move very slowly, worrying about more bombs at each step they are taking. I too continue to pray for West, TX. & all our disboard friends.

Sooo....

Currently - we have a lunch ADR at France in Epcot. I've been wanting to try Chefs de France ever since Oopsi's review of it when she returned last year...

But... I just stumbled upon several reviews of Biergarten... This was a restaurant that Liddy and I were going to do together last year, but it never happened.

But the food here looks really good... Like - really good. Like - I am German (mostly)... and I live in a (very) predominately German town... We polka... We drink beer... We eat kraut... We have cuckoo clocks... You know... German...

It's very... Us.

France... Well, it looks tempting... but it's not really... Us.

:confused3

Seriously considering switching... Oh and the apple streudel with vanilla sauce... I can almost taste it now.

Anyone feel like offering opinions? :scratchin Any other ideas for an Epcot sit down meal? I am just not feeling France anymore... Not really wanting a character meal either... But I'd like something FUN - which it seems that Biergarten could be...

D~

D~,

Coming out of lurkdom to say YES to the Biergarten!! It's really good, lots of choices, and the atmosphere is so nice, too. Not super-crowded either. :)

This message brought to you by your friendly neighborhood German teacher. ;)

Brenda

Germany sounds fun, & if you like German food, I would go with that. You could always try France next time. :)

We love Biergarten! The food was wonderful. The entertainment is great and the decor is wonderful. The beer is really, really good too!!

We stayed, just for one night, at POR in Dec at the end of our trip and didn't have any issues with the buses. We were out there early for buses, but we were also at the bus stop near our room, not the main bus stop. We checked in at 7:30am so we were fairly early on the buses, but probably around 8. We maybe waited 10 minutes for a bus and I think one filled up while we were there so we just waited for the next one. (That's because the first one was full from the main stop.) Just to encourage you that the buses will be a-ok at POR!

This is something I hear a lot of, and it makes me a little nervous... I just LOVE how small FQ is.

D- Praying for healing for Alli and that she heads the advice and keeps it elevated and stays off of it as much as possible. I'm glad she'll still at least get to enjoy her birthday shopping trip.

THanks... She seems to be doing pretty well. So far. LOL

Your first day looks like so much fun! We were debating add the WPF&M on if we added an extra day (we would have added it on to our military tickets) but ended up deciding not to add an extra day. Then last night DH was looking at our plans and said, let's add a day, but let's actually relax and do a resort/pool day since it's summer. So we talked it over with our oldest and he agreed. I don't think he'd say no to extra time at Disney no matter what he was doing. I guess it was our compromise to the extra cost of an extra day. We'll pay for the room & dining, but won't have any expense of tickets. We might actually use the vouchers for mini golf for the first time. The plan is that the first day we'll check in then head to DTD for shopping and dinner at Fulton's (DH's choice and probably why he wants an extra day so we can squeeze it in!). Then the next day we'll take it easy, hit the pool, maybe mini golf, do dinner at Whispering Canyon and then if I can swing it we'll do the Pirates & Pals Fireworks voyage as a special treat for our youngest's birthday. But I digress and sort of stole your thread here!

These plans sound awesome! I just love going in to MK the evening we arrive... I just love seeing it with all the lights and the promise of magic to come. There's nothing better. I am glad you've decided to add an extra day to your plans.

I'm still so excited that you got the military discount for the hotel you wanted! I've had really good luck, but I know not everyone does! And that is a great discount for FQ considering the discount offer out now to everyone! There is nothing like getting exactly what you want!

Me too... I am still quite shocked!

I am SO glad to hear about A for ANKLE.. Your right later down the road it can give her issues. Unfortunately kids don't look down the road and think we parents are nuts need to take care if it NOW!!! Crutches are horrible evil devices. but she can look at it like upper body conditioning?!?

LOL - I know.. Sometimes it's just so hard to make them understand. I know I was the same way at her age.

Sorry you had the snow. I will stick with the massive amounts of rain... today.. it is snowing in some parts... TIRED OF BEING COLD!!!!

Me too - it can go away at any time...

for booking everything. it is the best feeling EVER!!! i'm excited to hear what you gals come up with this weekend!!!

Hopefully they let me talk about Disney this weekend... I've been a little over excited about it this week, and they are a little tired of hearing about it. :rolleyes1

By the way:
"Sounds good... If you want, you can bring Brassy's swim trunks, and he can swim with the girls (or more than likely - V... Since Alli is more of a "tanning chair" girl these days). "

Had me on the floor laughing...

LOL - I am glad you caught that, I don't think Suzi did. :rotfl2:

Heading out to P/T so only have a short time (sent you a LONG email D)

I sent you a really LONG answer - did you get it?

re-checking airfares after you book....never look back its done and you're coming what would be the point of looking at the fares again?

You are right - I will just make myself mad anyways.

Makes about as much sense as fawning over my "skinny pictures" from years gone by instead of being happy with the body I got now

ROFL... I do that ALL the time!

so thrilled you got the fares the resort and WDW is waiting for you

I hope so... They are all probably bracing for impact right now. :rolleyes1

ALLI....read the email with your mother

She will!

Thanks Ruthie - I will let her know!

DH's Dad and brothers are toying with the idea of working on house renovation. I don't know details, but I do know that FIL has been informed that his boys won't work without compensation. He's looking at some part-time work; maybe at my workplace if it's available. The whole thing has been a long time coming. He's worked in a call center for over 15 years and is burnt out. More than that, the work environment he's been in for the past 5 years or so has steadily become more toxic: mentally and physically.

I'm a worrier by nature and my own family experiences makes me really stress out about money, so I'm working through my fears. I pray that this is ultimately the best thing & past experience in my life (and Dh's) is that while it seems the darkest, God is planning the best thing right around the corner. I'm holding onto that like a life preserver. God's got our back. (DH's phrasology there:))

I totally understand... I have the same money issues - it's not always easy to work through. God does have your back, and I pray that everything works out well for you.

Poor Ali - or rather HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ali!! Hope she has fun at the MOA!!

Thanks! It's always fun when she gets to spend our $$. LOL

Hoping that you get the price you need for the auction bag! & that a DISmeet at POR can happen so the girls can get their ogle in!

Me too! Thanks! And LOL... Maybe there will be some "hot guys" at FQ this time too. :thumbsup2

Everybody - have a good weekend!!

You do the same~

First of all...it is probably a good idea to get your id card redone... I have to get mine redone next January.

Yes, I need to...

Also...Look at you....on page 200 already! Remember...the Dis likes to close down your thread if you get over 250 pages... So you might should start making plans to do a part 2....LOL!

Nini

Oh no! We need to stop talking so much... :mic:

So sorry to hear about Alli still struggling with that ankle. K-I-D-S ... it's a four letter word. ;)
I'm sorry you got snow....look at that another 4 letter word.

It is! LOL Thank you.

luck on the Bambi set!

Thanks!

Thank you for the prayers for Boston. Law enforcement is still looking for the 2nd bomber. Hard to believe a 19 year old is evading so much law enforcement. But, they have to move very slowly, worrying about more bombs at each step they are taking. I too continue to pray for West, TX. & all our disboard friends.

How are you doing Dee? I've been thinking of you and all of my Dis friends near Boston. :grouphug:

D~,

Coming out of lurkdom to say YES to the Biergarten!! It's really good, lots of choices, and the atmosphere is so nice, too. Not super-crowded either.

This message brought to you by your friendly neighborhood German teacher.

Brenda

Hi Brenda! Welcome! :cheer2: Thanks for the vote... It looks like such a fun restaurant. I struggle with it though, since there is so much GREAT German food here, the girls and I get a lot disappointment with Disney food sometimes, because - well - it's not as good as what we have at home... Not just German, but a lot of other things too.

Your post brought back many memories of taking German in high school. It seems that I only ever accomplished one thing in German class... And if I tell you what I retained - you'll probably :rotfl2: and know what a great student I really was. :rolleyes1

Darf ich auf die toilette bitter? Yup - that's it... 2 years of German, and that is what I retained. Send me to Germany - and at least I will not want for the bathroom. :rolleyes1

Again - thanks for coming out of lurkdom to place your vote.

Germany sounds fun, & if you like German food, I would go with that. You could always try France next time.

Oh we do LOVE German food...

We love Biergarten! The food was wonderful. The entertainment is great and the decor is wonderful. The beer is really, really good too!!

Hmm... I was wondering about that entertainment... Is it just Polka? Don't get me wrong, I love Polka - know every word - never learned how to do it though... :rolleyes1 But that's not a surprise - I can't dance either. :scared:

Well, I was able to get a lot done in my sewing room yesterday... I plan to head up there early today, and finish up the last little bit before Alli and I head to the MoA.

Alli's bday is actually tomorrow, but she wanted to shop today. I told her that she can't have any of her stuff until her birthday. :rotfl2: Wow... 15... Where did all that time go? I look at her and I see our little mischievous 3 year old... Yet I am so proud of this amazing person she is becoming.

Last night, we went out for dinner - nothing special (Culvers)... Then V and I went to Target to kill some time. She found the most adorable Sully - she has been very much into Sully lately... I did not let her bring him home - he was $20 (YIKES)... but so soft and cute... Maybe for her birthday?

20130419_180708.jpg

I also did some trip rearranging... :scared: I think I've got it the way I want it now?

I've decided that since it sounds like we will be doing a water park on one of our days off... I wanted our true day off to be more in the middle of our trip, rather than at the beginning. So, I swapped a few of our days around... Not sure that I love the idea of going to DTD on a Saturday, but....

So, this is what it looked like before:

Photobucketaugustalternatetripcopy.jpg

And this is how it looks after the revision...

Photobucketaugustalternatetripcopy-1.jpg

You will see that Friday/Saturday/Sunday did a little dance and realigned themselves. This change also gives us a little bit better crowd numbers.

So, yet again, it looks like we will be doing a 10 day trip, with only one day off... It's going to be rough, especially in the heat. It will be even more important to take afternoon breaks.

Also, as you see... we have 3 days in a row of AM EMH... :scared: This could work to our benefit, considering how we like to tour. But getting V out of bed at (ahem) 6am every day is going to be rough on all of us. :rolleyes1 She does not do early mornings well, and we usually pay for it for hours after.

I am trying to reschedule that CRT dinner to be a bit later, since I can't make LTT any earlier. I am a bit nervous about those two meals being so close together. I guess we *could* eat somewhere else, and lose LTT... but we LOVE it, and I would hate to do that. My thought for that day, is that we will get in to MK and get everything done in the am... Have lunch at LTT... leave the park immediately after eating and go back to the resort. That will only give us about 3 hours of rest after travel time - if we are lucky. Then, be at the FQ bus stop no later than 3:30... But by the time we get seated for CRT and eating... I am guessing it will be closer to 5pm? I am not sure if they typically run late, but I am expecting this meal to last until about 6:30. This is also the night we are planning to do the dessert party with Suzi.

^^^^ Do these plans sound like too much? I definitely don't want to move CRT too much later, because I think it is a 2 hour meal, and if we do it later, we will miss out on our FLE touring time, and potentially not be hungry for the dessert party later. :confused3 Opinions on this?

Alright... Enough rambling for this morning. I must get going on my day, I have a lot to get done before Alli and I leave for the MOA.

Please know that I've been thinking of, and sending many positive prayers and thoughts to all of my Dis friends. :grouphug:

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter