Art of Animation vs. Port Orleans Riverside

You guys scared me with the talk of no coffee maker. I was worried that I was going to have to make new resort reservations - DH would not be happy. But we’re in a family suite which has them. Yay. I’m really looking forward to the additional space so I’m hoping the lack of some amenities isn’t that big a deal for us.

I'm staying at POR in a week. Any worries with a long walk to breakfast or the bus? I've heard some grumble about it. TIA.

There are honestly bus stops close to almost every area of the resort, so I don't think buses are a big deal. The walk to the main building can be a haul, but it really depends on where your room us. I was about a 5 minute walk away - it didn't bother me. But I was only 30 seconds from a bus stop - which was awesome. I'd rather be closer to the bus, personally.

The beds alone would have us staying at POR! We found a great rate at AoA last spring and were excited to see the theming. The themmg was amazing, but the beds were rock hard!! I mean like sleeping on the ground hard! Motrin and hot shower when you wake up to make your back stop hurting king of hard. We were really surprised that a place that seemed to cover every detail visually would have such bad beds. We have stayed at values, mods, deluxes, and DVC, and the worst beds for some reason were at AoA. Not sure why?

Well, if the deciding factor was really no coffee pot, save the $600 and buy one from Amazon to be delivered to the resort. I mean, you’d save a ton of money that way if it was the main reason.

Think I can do that? How do I make sure it comes to my room?

Think I can do that? How do I make sure it comes to my room?

I’ve never done it, but lots of people have. I think they’d hold it at bell services for you. Maybe start a post asking about how it works?

I am so glad you chose POR! We have stayed at both, and had a great time, but POR would win out for us. We hae stayed in the Alligator Bayou and a royal room in the Magnolia section. Be sure to walk or boat over to POFQ and try the beignets...super yummy!

I am not sure if they do this all the time, but once we were in the food court at POR late around 10:00 pm. When the CMs started handing out noise makers and led an extremely loud parade of kids around the restaurant singing and marching. My own kids were like no way...too tired from park storming all day. It was so annoying that late at night. We just couldn't believe they did that so late. Other than that, we have always enjoyed the "peacefulness" of POR! :-)

If you have a non-park day, it is nice to walk around AoA and see all the details. Our family also likes to go to the animation class there. It is a great place to take a little break.

I hope you have a great trip!

If you're concerned about relaxing, I would definitely recommend POR. The buildings are quiet, and the whole resort is surrounded by trees, which to me is very relaxing. The food court is pretty good and the boat to Disney Springs is very nice/convenient.

I also love the pool at POR, in case anyone besides OP was thinking about these 2 resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter