• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are there actually Dis-cm's?

Thank you for all the wonderful things you do, for all the smilies and all the laughs. You truly are all wonderful people. Thank you for making our vacation magical!

Lots of CMs may read these, but not many of us post here. It's the gooshy thank-you's that make the job worthwhile :goodvibes

Lots of CMs may read these, but not many of us post here. It's the gooshy thank-you's that make the job worthwhile :goodvibes

I do think that you deserve them, but I sometimes feel a little sad for the workers at other theme parks and wonder whether they are ever jealous of Disney cast members.

I have known only one cast member. She is the only one I met outside of Disney property. I think that she was probably a natural for Disney. She was one of those touchy-feely types so I couldn't think of a better job for her than Disney unless maybe it was someplace like Hallmark.

There are several CMs I wish to thank!
We went on my sons WISH trip Sep, 17th -23rd. We stayed at the Beach Club for 7 days. This was a little different than a lot of WISH trips as we did not go through MAW or GKTW. The only thing that I have heard that we didn't get to do because of not having the GKTW button was use the wish lounge at MK. And actually a CM was going to take my oldest CM there on Fri while I took our wish child shopping to replace a shirt he had messed up. Which by the way was courtesy of this Guest relations CM. We had went to the wish lounge on Tues our first day at MK after being directed by some awesome CMs, and the lady working there asked if we were a Make a Wish trip family. I responded no it was Texas Wishing Well and she said Follow me and led us to a little cot in the first aid section and said our Wish lounge is only for Wish trip families!!:confused3 :laughing: Oh Well while dissapointed it in NO way took away from the great time we had.

I wish to thank Jennifer a photopass CM who worked on Main Street. She MADE our whole trip. Because of her time and effort it set the tone for our whole trip. Each time she saw us during the week she remembered our names and ALWAYS spoke to us and made sure we were o.k. That Tues while taking my oldest DS pic of him playing before the Dreams parade she noticed my WISH shirt. She wanted to meet the WISH child. I went and got him out of his W,C and she took pics of me trying to help him jump with me and his Bro. She started whispering and before I knew it we were in VIP seating with Ears with our names on them and then we recieved coupons for free ice cream, popcorn and soda. The Cm working the VIP area "helped" my son hoola IN his w/c. Thank You I can't rememeber your name but you were awesome. Also I don't have a pic or a name but another CM who embroidered our names for free and brought them to us. Thank YOu. Jenifer is also the one who introduced us to the GR CM and told him about Braetons shirt.
Here is a pic of Jennifer, the VIP CM and the supervisor who gave us the coupons for the free food.

Wishtrip101.jpg

Thank you Dapper Dans who remembered my DS's names the WHOLE WEEK!!! And always said Hi to them!!

Wishtrip051.jpg

Thank you to Cap. Jack who worked Sep 18 and 19th and to the CMs who were with him. Also Mack on the 19th. Jennifer and the CM supervisor lady directed us to the Cap Jack meet and greet that I didn't know they had and when we got there Our DS wish child was falling asleep, they took us ahead of a HUGE ine and let us have as long as we wanted with Cap. Jack. He was GREAT with the kids and gave them gold coins which he signed.

DisneyPhotoImage101.jpg

The next day on the 19th we mad the pirates tutorial and my oldest DS was chosen which he had hoped and prayed for. All 4 kids were chosen and the tutorial was beginning when Cap Jack noticed DS 5 waving his hand in his wheel chair and he asked him if he wanted to be a pirate too. Of course he said yes. While he was pushing DS5's w/C under the rope he made a big deal of him "rolling across the deck" and then proceeded to hold DS5's hands and helped him "fight"!!! This was Awesome. As my son was preparing for surgery the next week this was all he talked about. How he was a REAL pirate 'cause the real Cap Jack told him so at Disney World!!! Ds 5 was the first one to fight with Mack and DS8 was last so he got to fight Cap Jack. Talk about a HIT!!!!
Mack was also great with both my boys. making sure they could see turning the "fight" @ a little so I could get pics , giving them a little extra attention and making sure DS5 made it safely back to me. THANK YOU!!
pic1.jpg
ALL the characters were great!! Clarabelle, Cap hook and Smee on the 18th gave extra AWESOME attention. Mickey and all the CMs with him on the 19th in Toontown shut down the line and told us we could stay as long as we wanted to. Mickey was SO great with the boys. DS5's wish was Pooh and Mickey whick also leads me to say all the characters at CP were awesome.

Amy a dream team photographer, thank you for the dream with Cinderella and letting us share it with the other Wish family. It made their DD's WISH really come true. Also thanks for stopping us and checking on us when you saw us!!
Thank you Cinderella, my boys love to wear their hats with your sig on them, jsut to make their friends envious!:rotfl:

Thanks to the Pinochio and Geppetos handler that same day (Fri Sep 21st) bringing them into the building as we finished with Cinderella just so we could have a private meet with them!
Beach Club CMs All of you were awesome. Thank you front desk for the wonderfull chocolates on our first day and thank you to housekeeping for all the extra towel animals. Everyone was so attentive to our needs.

The incredibles and their handlers on Sat the 22nd our last day in the parks. Ya'll were already over 30 min past the time you were supposed to leave. Not only did you let us join the line but you put us last!! Our fist time for that! Then you played and posed with us for over 15 min. You walked with us down to REMY and made a big deal over my DS's and when DS5 said he was Dash ya'll made such a big deal out of his muscles!!! Thank ya'll for making his day!! He says he's a superhero, the wheel chair and walker are only a disguise!! He's really Dash!!!:goodvibes

DREAM TEAM Thank you. WE won 3 official dreams and all of you other CMs THANKYOU we had TONS of unnofficial ones!!!

To all of you that were working during that week, THANK YOU! I think we may have only run into 3 CMs that weren't bad but just didn't have that disney magic going. We only were @ 1 that had a major attitude and that's o.k. I don't know what kind of problems she may have had!! Maybe she just needed a :hug: . The little things meant so much. From moving us to seats where DS could really see, to the free snacks we seemed to get so many of, to the handlers being gracious enough to have us wait by our seats or in a different corner and bringing the characters to us. i never asked for this, but it made it so much better for my DS who also has a sensory problem. Also for including my DS8 in the extra attention. i think he was chosen for just about everything there was to be chosen for as far as interaction in the shows!!!:laughing:

I'm sorry for such a long post. I just wanted ya'll to know how much we appreciate you. This was our first trip also and WOW!!!
Thanks for making our sons WISH come true. This was extra special to us as my DH has had kidney failure for 7 years and is waiting on a kidney transplant. His health is not good and this was our first family trip since DH was born. We have awesome memories.
:grouphug:

What great experiences LeeLee2U! I loved reading your post.:thumbsup2

Thanks again to all you CM's for all you do to make our trips "magical" When I retire (in about 25+ years) thats where we want to be in Florida working in Disney part time.

LeeLee2U's post - that's what it's all about!!!! CMs who make a child's trip extra special. You read about too many people griping about not getting any "dreams" from the YOAMD promotion, or no towel animals, the list goes on and on. That's really making someone's dreams come true. Thank you CMs!!!!

Is there anyway to find a particular dream team member in the parks. We had the pleasure of meeting a wonderful and caring dream team member in Sept. 2006 and now we are heading back in December 2008. The first thing my dd11 said was "can we see Barbie again"? That was our dream team members name.
Thanks

Hi Andre yes there is a way just ask. It just so happens that my DH and I know Barbie and she is now working Guest Relations at Downtown Disney. Don't know when she works but that's where you can find her.

Add me to the list! I used to work in attractions, but I'm part of the backstage magic now. :)

Yup - seasonal CM here. :) Just recently started browsing through this section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter