• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are there actually Dis-cm's?

icarus

My wife is obsessed with Disney World.
I'm just curious if cast members actually read these posts?

Yes, we do. At least I come on here every now and then. I am a seasonal CM and really don't work all that much. I do give our guests my all when I'm in costume though, and that makes it hard to read posts about the declining level of service at WDW. I know not every CM can be having a great day every day all day long, and I know there are going to be times when a CM is rude or seems to be mean, but it is nice to come here and read about the nice things fellow CMs have done for our guests.

I do too! I am a personalization artist at the Christmas shop in Downtown Disney.

I have only recently started reading them, but will do so regularly and share them with others. Reading letters and posts from guests, for the majority of the CM's, is the Pixie dust we need to know that we are achieving our purpose for being a CM, to make people happy and give them memories they will carry with them the rest of their lives. I am with Disney Corporate.

Thanks to you all for your dedication to the Mission of Walt Disney. I know that WDW is there, when in all boils down, for a profit but it is because of the Great CMs out there that we all return year after year and why we post on the boards when we are not in the world!

Just wanted to say thanks for helping us have the best vacation ever.

My cousin Maggie (4 yo) wants to send some smilies.

:rotfl2: :surfweb: :) :laundy: :thanks: :bored: :teleport: :rainbow: :tinker: :mickeybar :flower1: :umbrella: :dance3:

We sure do read them :yay: :yay: :yay: ....I started reading these boards before I was a CM :surfweb: . I am currently a seasonal Cast Member at Epcot. I get a lot of good info from these boards that sometimes helps out when talking to guests who have questions.

We sure do I've been on dis for a long time and I'm now a CM for a year and 2 mos. I love hanging on the boards and posting to. I work at the Boardwalk for 2 more days then I'm headed to Epcot to work in Vacation Planner, which is selling tickets in the front of park. So I'll see you all when you come through our gates.:banana: :cool1:

Yep, we sure do read them. I've been working at the Beach Club for four years now.

I've been reading before I was a CM..currently I'm working at the Contemporary Front Desk Full Time.

One more for the list. The mysterious Dream Squad. Been reading since before becoming a CM. Check by occasionally to see what is being said about my group. Love to hear about some of the wonderful magic moments or prizes. Get some good laughs about the misconceptions regarding the YOMD.

Hoping you all get to live your dreams!:wizard:

I do too! I am a personalization artist at the Christmas shop in Downtown Disney.

Oooh! I can't wait to see the ornaments that I purchased there last week! I know you'll do a great job! ;)

To all of the other CM's out there: We just returned from a week at WDW and were very pleased with ALL of the CM's that we encountered. The staff at the Contemporary was Top Notch. The wait staff at all of the restaurants were fabulous. (A special shout out to Jay at the CRT Lunch--you did an outstanding job!) We were really happy overall with everyone.

Of course, there were a 'few' crabby CM's here and there. Everyone has a bad day, I am sure, but we saw some of the behavior of the guests and, quite frankly, it would make me cranky to put up with that all day as well. It is too bad that a few people have to be so rude and ruin it for everyone else.

Please know that you ARE appreciated (and even envied) for what you do! Thanks for making our stay magical!

Just to add one more, Im a seasonal CM I work at the world from Oct-May. Im at MK bakery and Ice cream palor

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter