Are People Excited About Communicore Hall

I never really thought Disney was actually going to build the treehouse ~ seemed too creative for them but ............. seriously this building is like much of FutureWorld .......... dated before even built. It legit looks like a strip mall / tourist stop from the 70's. This angle I expect to be shared by a nail salon and cleaners.

I think the hardest part is they tore down a simplistic building, then built another simplistic building and honestly the offerings didn't change too much. I feel like this was a lateral move. And I know all are excited about a flex space that can change with festivals etc or be a rest spot in between ... but I remember the flex hall in DHS that was going to host lots of great stuff, and now has a talking car living in it.

Well, yeah, I'll give you the best case scenario would have been to not have torn down the original building to beign with. I actually LIKE the dated retro/future look though.

I always wanted to get picked for Indiana Jones. I'd like to be the guy who gets into a fight with the big guy, but they always seem to pick the dude who also happens to be a trained stuntman/stage fighter.... 🤣
They didn't even do that part the last time I saw the show, February 2024.

They didn't even do that part the last time I saw the show, February 2024.

No, they don't pick from the audience anymore. I heard that it was because sometimes they couldn't pick out a trained stuntman in the crowd.... 🤣

I actually miss that part of the show.

Well, yeah, I'll give you the best case scenario would have been to not have torn down the original building to beign with. I actually LIKE the dated retro/future look though.
Given what they built they absolutely could have used the existing building and put money elsewhere.

Retro look for sure because nothing there has ever been futuristic. That is the problem with EPCOT, by time they built FutureWorld it was already dated. You can't keep something that big updated with a true futuristic look. That whole area is a mess, "neighborhoods" that make no sense. SEVERAL pavilions that need MAJOR attention yet they put efforts where they weren't really needed. :sad2: A shiny building doesn't distract from the sadness of the other buildings.

I was there today and the only word I can say is disappointing. I was expecting a large open room where they would have festival events. All that I saw was a room for meet and greets, another room with some tables where people were just sitting down to cool off, The band Shell area which was smaller than I thought it would be and the festival favorites booth where people were buying beer

I was there today and the only word I can say is disappointing. I was expecting a large open room where they would have festival events. All that I saw was a room for meet and greets, another room with some tables where people were just sitting down to cool off, The band Shell area which was smaller than I thought it would be and the festival favorites booth where people were buying beer

I think that interior "flex space" is for the festival setups. I am not sure what all they plan on doing in there, but there's enough space to do something. Knowing Disney, it will just be a festival-centric gift shop. 🤣

I thought it looked nice. It's a beautiful area for just relaxing and they had some different music playing throughout the evening in a video I saw, not just the Encanto show.

I could sit there, grab a glass of wine, listen to the music and enjoy the atmosphere.

I read that inside the building they will be doing different things like demonstrations, art installations. It just opened, I'm looking forward to what they do with it during the holiday season. :)

Most high school lunch cafeterias look better than what we got.

I'm hoping that when Food and Wine opens, this will serve the same purpose as when it was in what was to be the Play pavilion. Wine, merch, wine tastings, educational seminars, etc. If they do that, I will be very excited. If not (and I guess they won't), probably won't care much. But, will leave final judgement until we see it this fall.

I'm hoping that when Food and Wine opens, this will serve the same purpose as when it was in what was to be the Play pavilion. Wine, merch, wine tastings, educational seminars, etc. If they do that, I will be very excited. If not (and I guess they won't), probably won't care much. But, will leave final judgement until we see it this fall.

The room is rectangular and would not support all of those at once. If they decide to do a seminar the seating and views will not be ideal due to how the room was designed. I am hoping that the rooms open up more than what we've seen so far

I'm still wondering why they built this spot when they already have a perfectly good venue available - the former Wonders of Life pavilion.

I'm still wondering why they built this spot when they already have a perfectly good venue available - the former Wonders of Life pavilion.

Well, I think they partially gutted that building when they were going to install the PLAY! pavillion. I am not sure what the status of the interior even is. Also, this location is better as the Wonder of Life dome is a bit out of the way. They still need to turn that back into some kind of attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter