APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to find a decent price for a 2 night stay (4/6 & 4/7). We have annual passes. Everything i have looked at is over $250 a night. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately for now you are going the last 2 days US has blocked out AP rates for the Easter break. I'm going 4/3-4/10, so I searched day by day for AP rates, and AP rates are not available until 4/8.

I know its unlikely, but if you could shift your vacation 2 days later to 4/8 and 4/9, you'll see CBBR and SF have AP rates of $159 and $154.

Can I modify my reservation online to the APH rate or do I have to call? TIA

Yes you can - I've made a couple slight changes to my reservation in the last couple days - use this page to find your reservation then it will give options to modify/cancel.

https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/change.aspx?hgid=641

(Have to give the caveat that it is working for two of my reservations not the third which is the one I have to cancel - so having to call about that one, but it seems if you have a reservation number that's numbers and letters it will work, but my Cabana Bay res only is numbers and it won't work).

Well, I am glad I jumped quickly...APH rate on the room I wanted at HRH is already gone.

Unfortunately for now you are going the last 2 days US has blocked out AP rates for the Easter break. I'm going 4/3-4/10, so I searched day by day for AP rates, and AP rates are not available until 4/8.

I know its unlikely, but if you could shift your vacation 2 days later to 4/8 and 4/9, you'll see CBBR and SF have AP rates of $159 and $154.

Thank you for your info. We are actually flying in on 4/6 and on 4/8 transferring to my parents timeshare. I know its SB. Im just hoping for a good deal. :)

Okay, I am really new to Universal. We are going to stay onsite May 12-16 and do 4 days at the parks. I was thinking of getting the seasonal pass since its the same price as the 4 day park tickets to get a room discount. I thought I could just apply the 30% off whatever room I booked if I had the seasonal pass (well if I stayed deluxe, less for Cabana Bay). But then I found this thread. It looks like I have to find a AP rate? and they aren't always available? Ugh ... I thought UNiversal was suppose to be EASIER than Disney ... hopefully this is the only hurdle. I will have to go back and read through this thread from the beginning to get a grasp on everything ...

Okay, I am really new to Universal. We are going to stay onsite May 12-16 and do 4 days at the parks. I was thinking of getting the seasonal pass since its the same price as the 4 day park tickets to get a room discount. I thought I could just apply the 30% off whatever room I booked if I had the seasonal pass (well if I stayed deluxe, less for Cabana Bay). But then I found this thread. It looks like I have to find a AP rate? and they aren't always available? Ugh ... I thought UNiversal was suppose to be EASIER than Disney ... hopefully this is the only hurdle. I will have to go back and read through this thread from the beginning to get a grasp on everything ...

If you go to the first post on this thread it gives you a great overview of how to book - it was exceptionally helpful when I decided to go with seasonal passes and look of APH rates last week.

You can also use the links to the hotels at the APH rates from the Annual Passholders section on the Universal Page. It says dates available until March 8th, but actually they are available into May or later based on what people are posting here.

https://www.universalorlando.com/we...sses/your-annual-pass/index.html#hotel-offers

Good luck with your search!

Generally it is, but they have changed up their entire website, which is far less intuitive than the previous website and that has thrown things out of kilter. If you think it is frustrating as a newbie to Universal, it has become really frustrating to those of us who knew things much more intimately with the way things were on the old site.

Anyway, I am not sure from your post if you are looking to stay at Cabana Bay specifically, or one of the hotels that offer Express Passes with your stay. Whether you use the link in the first post of this thread or the one offered up by prairiesarah, you will find some reasonable APH rates. If you have not experienced life in the parks with EPs, you may want to consider spending more for one of those hotels, but you get EPs for everyone in the room. It looks like mostly mid-level crowds that week, so they may not be necessary.

When it comes to "planning" then yes it is. But keep in mind hotels are in business to make money, and Orlando is seeing record levels of tourism. They use AP rates to fill empty rooms, not as a favor to us the customer. That being said, either calling the phone number or using the link provided will at least get you started with some AP rates. The time when you're going probably already has some rates out now. It may be a good idea to look through the sticky for each hotel and see which one you would like, then compare the rates based on the information gathered.

Generally it is, but they have changed up their entire website, which is far less intuitive than the previous website and that has thrown things out of kilter. If you think it is frustrating as a newbie to Universal, it has become really frustrating to those of us who knew things much more intimately with the way things were on the old site.

Anyway, I am not sure from your post if you are looking to stay at Cabana Bay specifically, or one of the hotels that offer Express Passes with your stay. Whether you use the link in the first post of this thread or the one offered up by prairiesarah, you will find some reasonable APH rates. If you have not experienced life in the parks with EPs, you may want to consider spending more for one of those hotels, but you get EPs for everyone in the room. It looks like mostly mid-level crowds that week, so they may not be necessary.

Thank you! We want to stay deluxe, to avail of the express pass. With the kids (6&9) and my DH, Id prefer less waiting in lines to keep my sanity from hearing them complain. LOL.

When it comes to "planning" then yes it is. But keep in mind hotels are in business to make money, and Orlando is seeing record levels of tourism. They use AP rates to fill empty rooms, not as a favor to us the customer. That being said, either calling the phone number or using the link provided will at least get you started with some AP rates. The time when you're going probably already has some rates out now. It may be a good idea to look through the sticky for each hotel and see which one you would like, then compare the rates based on the information gathered.

I totally get that, I just misunderstood the AP "perk". I assumed u automatically got it. There is no difference in cost for the seasonal pass vs the 4 day tickets so the only reason I would get the seasonal pass is to avail of the hotel discount, otherwise, I'd get my tickets via undercover tourist. I just wanted to make sure I had all the info correct before making my decision.

I totally get that, I just misunderstood the AP "perk". I assumed u automatically got it. There is no difference in cost for the seasonal pass vs the 4 day tickets so the only reason I would get the seasonal pass is to avail of the hotel discount, otherwise, I'd get my tickets via undercover tourist. I just wanted to make sure I had all the info correct before making my decision.

You can always get the tickets from undercover tourist and upgrade to a pass at the park. You are able to book AP rates for your hotel before actually having the pass. You just have to usually show the pass at some point during your stay (even then some have reported never being asked for the pass).

ETA: I'm not suggesting booking an AP rate and never get a pass, I'm just saying don't stress about having a pass in hand before booking the AP rate. We went for a weekend and on a booked AP rate and didn't upgrade our tickets until the last day.

Last edited:
We're visiting 4/28-5/1 (3 nights). I saw that there were APH rates for our resort and room category (standard, RPR), but only for the first two nights (4/28 and 4/29, but not 4/30) and only for waterview rooms ($249 for Saturday and $224 for Sunday, before taxes and fees). So I went ahead and booked the waterview room for those two nights at the APH rate, and then tried to modify my existing 3-night reservation to a 1-night to cover 4/30, but was told that the system isn't currently accepting 1-night reservations for 4/30 for the standard room category (all views) because those rooms are almost fully booked for the night of 4/30 (a Monday, of all days!??!) and the few that are left will only be assigned to those with multi-night stays.

Does that sound right? Any chance I might be able to find an APH-rated standard room at RPR for 4/30 if I keep checking back, or does Universal/Loews tend to release them all at once?

I've booked the next-best (meaning "cheapest") thing right now as a placeholder (a 1-night reservation in a King Suite for 4/30 at the APH rate -- the grand total for the 2 different rooms is still less than our original non-discounted total for 3 nights in a standard room), but I'm hoping to avoid having to move two days in to a 4-day vacation. If worse comes to worst, we may offer at check-in to take any room in any category, if only we can have the same room all three nights...

Yeah sorry no, nothing automatic about it, especially as they've gotten more popular and people are traveling more. I do suggest buying the tickets on Undercover Tourist anyway, get them sent to your home if possible, then upgrade inside the park. If anything, the resort booking is more wonky on the Uni side because they have another company that manages the hotels. Once you have that done, all you really need to do is take a few looks at a map, maybe browse the rides, and that's it.

We are thinking about Annual Passes. We would go from July 5th to July 16th this year then 11 nights in June in 2019 and possibly a Christmas trip this year.

If anyone isn't super busy could someone post the Passholder rates for a standard room at Pop Century and also for Coronado for 2 adults July 5th to July 16?pirate:

I think you're in the wrong place. The Resorts board would help you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter