AP lines. Sometimes longer than regular?

We saw people several turned away several times at AK in December. Maybe because it was super crowded. Lady ahead of us was fuming that there should be a sign (which of course there was). Also saw it once at Epcot, but we never really use it at MK because it usually moves slow.

AK in december (and early Jan) was the first time I have seen people truly turned away from the AP line who did not have passes. I go fairly regularly and had seen them asking but not really enforcing. One day lines were insane (it was the last blockout day in Jan) and there was not one person in the AP line....the blockout days are definitely the real sweet spot of the perk if you have platinum or higher passes.

The idea is nice but where they place the lines and how they (don't) enforce AP makes it only sometimes useful.

I've seen some CMs make sure that you actually have an AP and others will avoid confrontation and let you through even if you don't have one.

We were at Epcot last week and they were telling people to get out of line who didn't have annual passes and sending them back to the regular (long) lines. I appreciated the effort, but even after I told the guy working that I did have a pass, he wanted to know what kind of pass and wanted to see it. A few hours later as we entered HS, there were people holding up the AP line with their non-AP plastic card tickets. Definitely a lack of consistency.

Honestly, if they’re going to ask everyone to pull out their AP card to prove who they are, the line will be so slow that it would be pointless to have it. I’ve never seen them do anything but verbally announce at the end of the line that it was an AP line and that was only at the AK. Allowing the few people that ignore it is quicker than checking ID.

Honestly, if they’re going to ask everyone to pull out their AP card to prove who they are, the line will be so slow that it would be pointless to have it. I’ve never seen them do anything but verbally announce at the end of the line that it was an AP line and that was only at the AK. Allowing the few people that ignore it is quicker than checking ID.

I think the cast member we encountered at Epcot just REALLY liked his job. He was an older guy, sitting at the end of the line, but yelling a lot about whether people had a pass or not. We've never encountered anyone else so enthusiastic about policing the AP line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter