Anyone see The Act on Hulu?

I haven't seen the new episode as I've been traveling this week for work. We are planning to watch it tonight when I get home.

However, I do have to say my husband and I sat and watched Abducted in Plain Sight the other night. I think it might have stretched the limits of love and he told me he liked it better when I watched lot of British baking on Netflix instead. I tend to agree after that train wreck!

ETA: today (4/5) is Gypsy Rose's jailhouse interview on Dr. Phil repeat in case someone wants to see it.

Last edited:
Anyone watch this week? I know the story and I know how it is going down, but good lord I can't look away. Everyone is just amazing.

No, but I’ll catch up this weekend. Thanks for the reminder! I was spellbound after the first two episodes, and then I kind of forgot about it. Ha!

I know this is a true story and have seen the Dr. Phil interviews and the HBO documentary but this fictionalized version makes it really, really hard to sympathize with any of the characters. Or for that matter to understand how this went on for so long. Dee Dee is a straight-up lunatic and clearly pinged the radar of many medical and social welfare professionals over the years. Gypsy's characterization is manipulative and repulsive and plenty savvy enough to have advocated for herself. If I'd only ever saw The Act, I'd find it impossible to see her as a total victim.

I know this is a true story and have seen the Dr. Phil interviews and the HBO documentary but this fictionalized version makes it really, really hard to sympathize with any of the characters. Or for that matter to understand how this went on for so long. Dee Dee is a straight-up lunatic and clearly pinged the radar of many medical and social welfare professionals over the years. Gypsy's characterization is manipulative and repulsive and plenty savvy enough to have advocated for herself. If I'd only ever saw The Act, I'd find it impossible to see her as a total victim.

I haven't seen any other media about this story. I'm going to have to search those out when this series is over.

One general question: Is the "boyfriend" part actually true? I don't want to spoil anything for others, just wondering if this BDSM guy really was part of the picture.

I haven't seen any other media about this story. I'm going to have to search those out when this series is over.

One general question: Is the "boyfriend" part actually true? I don't want to spoil anything for others, just wondering if this BDSM guy really was part of the picture.
I'm not sure about the sexual deviance part, but the "boyfriend" was convicted for the murder and serving life in prison.

Oh! Oh geez, I had no idea. (Can we put a spoiler alert on that though - I don't want others to be upset if they didn't want to know.)

Yes it was true. I’m sure it was dramatized for the show but I’ve seen other actual documentaries refer to his sexual preferences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter