Anyone recommend Ridemax?

kkmcan

Official Mouse Fan
With all this ride scheduling I'm trying to do on my own, I was wondering if anyone has tried Ridemax and how you liked it.

Is it worth it since I'll be going in 2 weeks and it's not likely to be so busy like the summer months? I won't be visiting again this year so i would only use it this time.

Thanks again for all your help. I'm just getting really excited for this trip!

Kelly

Depends on a few things: Do you and the people in your party enjoy being on a schedule? Is your main goal going on rides?

We used it on during our Oct. 05 trip. I printed out a few schedules and took them with me. My husband and children were fine with it. MIL and FIL did not seem to understand what we were doing, and why. They kept wanting to stop to see things, take breaks ( after an hour or so in the park), etc, etc. We tried to explain to them that we were focusing on rides for one day, and we would do the rest (stop and look, watch shows, shop, etc) after the rides and on the other days. My lunch time we gave up. Had it just been our little family of 4 it would have been great.

The program is easy to use and understand. The price is reasonable compared to how much a trip to Disney costs!

I wouldnt use it every day of your trip. I would maybe use it for one day, then take things as they come the rest of the trip. It is a great tool for getting the most rides in a day, but when you rush from ride to ride you miss the magic the park has to offer. The chance meeting of a favorite character. A musical act. "Push" the garbage can in Tomorrowland. The sounds and sites on main street.

If nothing else, get it and run some days through it. Vary the rides and lands, and what it comes back with. You'll be able to find out things like, Dumbo has a 15 min wait rigth after opening, but an hour later its at an hour and never gets better! You learn to go to "-----" ride first thing in the morning, because everyone else goes to "-----".

They will stand behind the product. I posts my experience in a trip report. They read it and PM'd me, and offered me a refund. I didnt take it. It wasnt their fault my inlaws are elderly and couldnt follow a plan! LOL

I use ridemax everytime I go to DL now. I grew up in So. Cal. and really thought I had the whole DL thing down. But a few trips ago we were going at a busier time than normal so I bought ridemax.
OMG! Between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. we had gone on 17 rides and had lunch at Blue Bayou. My friend who still lives in OC couldn't stop laughing at the schedule but had to admit she had never gone on so many rides in such a short time.
Even tho we were on a fairly tight schedule there were many times we had 10 or 15 minutes between rides to grab a churro, sit and people watch or buy a souvenir. We never felt rushed.
As hlbtimes mentioned, we don't use it every day we're there. Usually I use it the first full day in the park. After that we wing it - although I do run a program for everyday just in case it's insanely busy. Ridemax especially comes in handy when there is a new ride in town such as Buzzlightyear or Monsters.
It also works for CA.

It is well worth it!! I tried running tons of different scenarios through it, and even if you don't stick to it exactly it gives you a good idea of what to avoid at certain times and includes lots of tips.

Ok. Now I think I will get it and use it for our first day in Disneyland and then wing it the second day. Or maybe even print out a schedule for the second day for just in case it turns out to be extremely busy.

Thanks you guys!

Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter