Any word or any prep work being done for new DVC cabins?

Yes, hoping for an update as well. We check into the original cabins on July 7, and want to avoid construction noise/areas. I requested loop 2500 on my pre check in, but I have no idea where everything is happening? Thanks!
2500 is the new cabins. If you want to be farther away from construction I'd recommend 2700 or 2800

Just saw this posted for Fall discounts. It isn't unusual for there to be Fall discounts on the cabins and even, rarely, the camp sites, but I wonder if this is an indication the DVC point use isn't as strong as they thought.

View attachment 871480

j
I’ve stayed at the cabins very frequently over the years and always got a discount, I remember up to 30% at one point before 2020. Right now the DVC availability for the cabins is extremely limited for the next 7 months.

I wonder if this is an indication the DVC point use isn't as strong as they thought.
Only a minority of the DVC-owned cabins (36? 66?)have been declared into the trust, which is what makes them available for DVC point bookings, and as @Swaggerwagon says above, the ones that are available have been booking up. Disney still controls most of the cabins and can rent them for cash, DVC members can’t book them on points yet.

Right now the DVC availability for the cabins is extremely limited for the next 7 months.

Only a minority of the DVC-owned cabins (36? 66?)have been declared into the trust, DVC members can’t book them on points yet.
Agree that today, there have only been 1 loop of cabins converted, but by November/December there will be many more. I thought DVC could start booking into the new cabins in June. It may be July.

I understand the cabins have historically had discounts in the Fall. Like @Genie+ noted, rack rates are driven up across WDW just to be able to offer a "discount" and fill beds at a still "normal" rate. I guess we'll see going into next year if cabin reservations are soft after DVC.

j

I know these are limited, but it just came out. I wonder if it is because yours included a Friday and Saturday. I would think it still applied to the weekdays though.

j
I tried a new booking on with no weekend dates and still had none. Ugh. I didn't want to pay rack but I also don't want to cancel my trip. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest