Any annoying things about WDW

Having to pay for internet access!

Tracy
This thread is now reminding me how many things I do dislike about a trip to WDW. I think we need a thread of the positives to balance it. I am now wound up reading this. $9.95/day for internet and you can only connect 1 laptop at that.:mad:

What's wrong with that?.... sounds exactly like my breakfast in the Ponderosa.
Keeps you going for the day....don't knock it till you try it :thumbsup2 I always round up breakfast with chocolate cake and ice cream :cloud9:

Nick

:lmao: :lmao:

The laundry service at the WDW resort hotels is appalling.

You go to Luggage Services or whatever it is called, asked to leave laundry there (which I believe an outside company picks up, and drops off again), and every time you get a look of complete bewilderment (even though the service is advertised on the resort tv). One person even said once that they didn't offer a service where you could leave laundry!!

I know there are self-service facilities (and we have used these) but sometimes it's nice to just be able to let someone else do the work, and spend more time having fun. Or so it would seem anyway!!

We have vowed to never attempt to use this service again, and instead buy additional clothes!!!

:mad:

Look, I don't really mind what you eat for your breakfast behind closed doors, but please, please, please don't do it in public.

Anyway, are you really saying that you cover your fry-up with syrup?? :scared1:

No, i'm not that disgusting... i put my fry up on top of my pancakes and syrup :lmao:

the pre shows why cant they change them more? They must realise that many people have been more then once.

Most of my pet peeves have been covered but I have another few that always happens to us-

When you go to see a show, (indiana Jones/muppets/fantasmic etc) you always get the tallest person sit infront of you and block your view, so you spend the rest of the time dogging their head.

One I really get annoyed at is when your queuing for a ride and you always get a huge gang of school kids come past you to get in with the one person they know in the que at the front.

A classic that has happened to us many times but I find it very strange is when we're in the cinema someone comes and sits right by you even when the place is empty :confused3

I'll probably think of somemore...

My two main irritations are:-

How far away it is

and

how much it costs to visit.

One teen getting in a queue and then shouting their 200 classmates to come and join them. :mad:

They get the full on Blunt Brit treatment now, 'Oi Mate!, (fill in suitable admonishment here)'

What's wrong with that?.... sounds exactly like my breakfast in the Ponderosa.
Keeps you going for the day....don't knock it till you try it :thumbsup2 I always round up breakfast with chocolate cake and ice cream :cloud9:

Nick

That's what I was thinking!!!!

One thing I'll never understand is the Disney resorts have very little Disney-theming. That always perplexed me. Now hear me out, I'm not looking for giant inflatable Mickeys (uh, could have worded that better) hanging off the reception desk at The Boardwalk BUT I always think if you landed in The Boardwalk or Port Orleans resort and didn't know you were in Disney World, well you wouldn't know you were in Disney World!! Strange. I think they should DEFINITELY have some character appearances in the lobbies of all their resorts and DEFINITELY have screenings of Disney classic movies in all resorts.

Another nail-bitingly, bite-down-on-your-hand-with-frustration pet hate of mine is how slow the service is in most of the shops in the parks. Surely I'm not alone in noticing this. Now I think the staff are very nice - the majority of them are lovely BUT dear God how long does it take to input two prices, bag them up and give me my change?! :sad: I swear it took 25 minutes for me to buy a small toy in that World Showcase store next to Mexico. There were 2 people in front of me, just TWO!!!

Wait, wait, I just thought of another one. This Year of a Million Dreams thing. For the love of God, will it please end already? We were there 2 years ago this month and it was running and it STILL is. 2 years is too long to use the same theme. Don't they realise how many repeat visitors they have?!

I find the 'boot camp, supernanny, US parents' irritating at time. Surely you have come accross them;) When exiting the car ride in MK (the Indy one?) my nephews raced to a sports car parked outside. We genuinely didn't see the line, they were excited (hey, we were in Disney:confused3 ), before actually reaching the car, at the same time as I clocked the line (3 deep)an American man roared at the children, I can only describe him as a seargant Major type dressed like our Maths teacher used to on a trip to Alton Towers (Chino shorts, leather belt white socks, white trainers, Magnum PI shades) He reduced them to tears, and I was so shocked couldn't even respond. I am all for discipline and I have been praised by strangers over the years for the way our kids behave, but I hope to god I don't sound like these 'types'

A request, guys. Can we be careful to couch our responses so that they don't come across as xenophobic? Ta. :thumbsup2

When you go to see a show, (indiana Jones/muppets/fantasmic etc) you always get the tallest person sit infront of you and block your view, so you spend the rest of the time dogging their head.
Oooopps, that'd be me then - I do try and sit as low in the chair as possible - but then I bother the person in front by having my knees right up against their chairs - maybe there should be a tall persons section?:rotfl2:

I get annoyed on WDW transport when a parent doesn't put their child on their knee when the bus is full, and create a spare seat for someone.

I get annoyed at park closing when everyone is queuing to get the bus back to the resort and then at the last second someone comes along in an ECV and jumps straight to the front of the queue and thus taking up a minimum of 3 seats.:mad:

I have no objection to people using ECVs/Wheelchairs for medical needs but at the end of the day I don't see why they get to queue jump to get back to the resort

I have to agree on both points ! so rude :sad2:

Pushchair ignorants..Yes the one's who feel its better to overtake then walk right into your walkway with the buggy then when you clip their heels they turn right tutting..or they simply JUST STOP right in front of the pushchair.
It's hard enough work pushing the thing in the heat nevermind these people.

Now this I find is one of my best bits of entertainment during the day! My little un is now 9 and so I don't get to play the ''clip their ankles'' game any more! :goodvibes

one thing that we notice when were eating.the lack of using a knife an fork.seen many people cut up all there food and then just use the fork to eat it.and when will servers take note when knife and fork is at 20 past 8 it means i havent finised my food,but half past 6 i have
Paulh

Ah, I think I see where you are going wrong, Paul. 5:25 = finished. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter