Any annoying things about WDW

scottish mum

<font color=darkorchid>We still have 2 posties in
Thought I would just ask if anyone has anything that annoys them while in WDW.
I have one thing that gets me everytime and that is when you see a bunch of people with one wheelchair and they take turns in using it. They just want to jump the queues. Once this year while I was there I saw a group of 5 girls discussing who would sit in the wheelchair next and then once decided who could they swapped bandages!!!!
I have no problem with people who need to go to front of line with any form of disability,physical or mental, but some groups are just taking the mickey and therefore making it harder for people who really need this help.

I could probably write a book on it:rotfl2:
One of worst for me is parades, you sit there for 20-30 mins when busy to get a front row position then a family of 20 from Peru comes from nowhere just as the parade arrives, somehow manage to get right infront of me.
Not often we watch parades now seen tham all so many times, last one was Xmas 06 in MGM. started with one little 3 or 4 year old getting in, then another, then parents arrived, saying "no speak English, get to children" I said "no speak spanish, not a chance" and would not let them in, all thru the parade they were behind me muttering.

I could probably write a book on it:rotfl2:
One of worst for me is parades, you sit there for 20-30 mins when busy to get a front row position then a family of 20 from Peru comes from nowhere just as the parade arrives, somehow manage to get right infront of me.
Not often we watch parades now seen tham all so many times, last one was Xmas 06 in MGM. started with one little 3 or 4 year old getting in, then another, then parents arrived, saying "no speak English, get to children" I said "no speak spanish, not a chance" and would not let them in, all thru the parade they were behind me muttering.

:lmao: Nice one. I know what you mean though. Castle forecourt's worse. You sit there for ages waiting for show, everyone's sitting down and then someone just wanders straight into the middle of everyone sitting down and stands there! Everyone's hurling abuse at him and telling him where to go and he just stands there totally unaware of it.

Nick

All of the above sound extremely familiar.

I get annoyed on WDW transport when a parent doesn't put their child on their knee when the bus is full, and create a spare seat for someone.

Thought I would just ask if anyone has anything that annoys them while in WDW.
I have one thing that gets me everytime and that is when you see a bunch of people with one wheelchair and they take turns in using it. They just want to jump the queues. Once this year while I was there I saw a group of 5 girls discussing who would sit in the wheelchair next and then once decided who could they swapped bandages!!!!
I have no problem with people who need to go to front of line with any form of disability,physical or mental, but some groups are just taking the mickey and therefore making it harder for people who really need this help.

Having a wheelchair doesn't gain you front of the line access.

I get annoyed at park closing when everyone is queuing to get the bus back to the resort and then at the last second someone (usually too fat!) comes along in an ECV and jumps straight to the front of the queue and thus taking up a minimum of 3 seats.:mad:

I have no objection to people using ECVs/Wheelchairs for medical needs but at the end of the day I don't see why they get to queue jump to get back to the resort :confused3 (And afterall they are already sitting down :rolleyes: )

Having a wheelchair doesn't gain you front of the line access.

It doesn't on all rides but it does on many, DMIL used one on her 1st visit after having heart probs, lots of shows and rides got priority. 2nd visit she wouldn't use a wheelchair as she said she felt uncomfortable going to the front. Made it slow going walking about but she felt happier.

I've got to say, I don't think waiting times for the parades are worth it.

We'll watch one if we happen to be somewhere we can see one, but we won't be going out of our way to watch a parade, that's for sure.

TBH, there isn't much that annoys me there. :D I tend to find positives in everything.

It's very crowded=you get to talk to people you normally wouldn't.
Long queues=time to take in what's around you, all the little things added to queue lines.

I'm sat here trying to think of something else and I honestly can't! lol

Something else that doesn't strictly annoy me but constantly amazes me is the way people behave at the airport when trying to get on the plane. They hover around by the departure gate and the second they are called through they all pounce on the entrance of the gate as if their life depends on it. You're on holiday guys, chill out!! Your seat's allocated so why the rush. And it's the same people in a mad scramble to get off the plane too, pushing and shoving to get out the door the second the planes landed. Why?? I just sit there in amazement and laugh when I get off the plane last and pick up my luggage while they're still waiting. :lmao: :lmao:

Nick

Something else that doesn't strictly annoy me but constantly amazes me is the way people behave at the airport when trying to get on the plane. They hover around by the departure gate and the second they are called through they all pounce on the entrance of the gate as if their life depends on it.

Nick

I have never understood this. I want to be last onboard. I am going to sat down for about 8 hours. We always wait until final boarding is called.
Another thing at airports is collecting luggage, there is a line to stand behind, if everyone did then there is plenty of room (usually) for twice as many people, and easier to get your luggage off without hitting people but everyone insists on getting right upto the carousel.

Three things, off the top of my head.

The Disney buses. I have never seen such pollution come from a bus, and they all do it. Just when they start off, a huge cloud of black smoke belches out every time. Hate getting stuck behind one!

Americans eating. It can be a gruesome site watching them chop up their steaks, but I guess the worst is being near them at breakfast. Stomach-turning combinations of eggs, "bacon", waffles, fries, etc., all smothered in syrup. Then they go back for more!

Lastly, the silly bag searches at the parks. Security? Bit of a sham really, since I usually carry my revolver inside my hat, which I am never asked to remove!

(just joking...:scared1: )

i cant believe any one would not relise hey had a gun in their hand bag

Americans eating. I guess the worst is being near them at breakfast. Stomach-turning combinations of eggs, "bacon", waffles, fries, etc., all smothered in syrup. Then they go back for more!

What's wrong with that?.... sounds exactly like my breakfast in the Ponderosa.
Keeps you going for the day....don't knock it till you try it :thumbsup2 I always round up breakfast with chocolate cake and ice cream :cloud9:

Nick

Pushchair ignorants..Yes the one's who feel its better to overtake then walk right into your walkway with the buggy then when you clip their heels they turn right tutting..or they simply JUST STOP right in front of the pushchair.
It's hard enough work pushing the thing in the heat nevermind these people.

Watching the night shows especially Wishes where I did give some chinese man a good telling off! we was waiting for wishes to start had a good view and propped both girls up so they could see them,until this chinese family thought standing right in front of us was a great idea but NO wait...he then gets his child and props him on his shoulders,I could of screamed well infact I did and he sat down!:rotfl: Sorry but he could of at least checked to make sure we could see but no he didnt he didnt seem to care.Wonder if he understood my english rage :lmao:

Keeps you going for the day....don't knock it till you try it :thumbsup2 I always round up breakfast with chocolate cake and ice cream :cloud9:

Nick

DP loves biscuits and ice cream :rotfl:

Nick

Look, I don't really mind what you eat for your breakfast behind closed doors, but please, please, please don't do it in public.

Anyway, are you really saying that you cover your fry-up with syrup?? :scared1:

I partly agree, they should be more thourough(some are) but its only a few month back they stopped a lady taking a gun into MK so can't knock it too much http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316267,00.html

Yeah, I read that. It was some sort of "Sarah Palin" clone who didn't realise that she had a gun in her handbag. But she wasn't planning to use it, was she? Unless she was going to shoot the polar bears! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter