Amazing Race

I have enough knowledge of myself and my husband that even if we might be good at some tasks in the heat of the moment we'd both probably come off as whiny and I know my husband would get frustrated quicker than me. Plus I get hangry...that itself means it's a no go for me

Even knowing this I reserve the right to judge any and all contestants as I live vicariously through their game play :laughing:

:rotfl2:

Judge away. It's fun!

(By the way you might come across as whining a bit too much, but I would be an emotional mess. I would definitely be throwing puzzles.:littleangel: It would not be pretty.

They should pick me! :drinking1:laughing:)

Last edited:
We finished season 1 the other night and I still can't get over how mean most of the contestants were LOL.

Just started season 2. I love Hulu.

I gotta agree with the frustration of the producers over the alliance thing. We tend to root for the nicest team. We didn’t bother to watch the end of the show after the three teams ganged up to toss out a team. At that point we didn’t care who won, all the remaining teams were sullied in our minds. There were no nice teams left.

I don’t have a problem with alliances, I guess because I was always a bigger Survivor fan and only got into the Race maybe 5 years ago. Alliances are such a big part of Survivor, and work so well there, that it makes sense to have them on the Race as well. I wouldn’t like it if rules were put in place to throttle the alliance aspect. If anything, they’ve done more to encourage alliances the past few seasons with double U turns and yields becoming more prevalent each season.

I gotta agree with the frustration of the producers over the alliance thing. We tend to root for the nicest team. We didn’t bother to watch the end of the show after the three teams ganged up to toss out a team. At that point we didn’t care who won, all the remaining teams were sullied in our minds. There were no nice teams left.
And I felt the opposite. This was the first season in a long time that I actually liked all 3 final teams and didn’t care which one won. Usually there are 1-2 teams in the final 3 that I just can’t stand, but these were the 3 I was rooting for the entire season.

:rotfl2:

Judge away. It's fun!

(By the way you might come across as whining a bit too much, but I would be an emotional mess. I would definitely be throwing puzzles.:littleangel: It would not be pretty.

They should pick me! :drinking1:laughing:)
The thing is though, by now any avid fan should have a pretty good idea about what kind of challenges they will face. You could mentally prepare, steel yourself, get your head in the zone. I know you could; you got this!! We should apply to the next TAR Canada as an "East Joins West Internet Pals Never Met In Person Before Today" novelty team. I bet we'd crush it! :cheer2:Too bad though that the Canadian version doesn't pay a million bucks. :laughing:

Last edited:

We finished season 1 the other night and I still can't get over how mean most of the contestants were LOL.

Just started season 2. I love Hulu.
:goodvibes You're in for a treat. The early seasons were SO GREAT compared to the more recent ones. That was also back in the day when reality shows were a novelty and Amazing Race was the best of the best!

:goodvibes You're in for a treat. The early seasons were SO GREAT compared to the more recent ones. That was also back in the day when reality shows were a novelty and Amazing Race was the best of the best!
When my husband went on his first field assignment back in 2015 I had started watching Amazing Race having never watched it before. I flew through seasons because it was just so good but then had a large break and then last year while my husband was gone again on a field assignment I picked it back up. You know you're into a show when it's the wee hours of the morning and you're still watching it after having watched a slew of episodes before that :laughing:

So one thing that I thought was interesting about this season is that it was actually filmed in 2018. They were filming a new race but it was still being filmed when the world began to unravel and then it stopped. They said they were holding onto this season for an opening to air it. But I wonder if they were back-shelving it because they knew many people would not particularly like the alliance.

So one thing that I thought was interesting about this season is that it was actually filmed in 2018. They were filming a new race but it was still being filmed when the world began to unravel and then it stopped. They said they were holding onto this season for an opening to air it. But I wonder if they were back-shelving it because they knew many people would not particularly like the alliance.
No CBS has been shelving the Race repeatedly over the past few years. They’ve routinely moved the show from prime release times (ie Fall) to January or even May releases. Plus they’ve held them in reserve for a year or so also the last couple of seasons. They’ve always had a glut of Survivor and Big Brother to show, which are their money makers. The plan was originally to air this season that just aired beginning in January 2021. But it took the Fall spot when they didn’t have a Survivor to put in its place. Unfortunately the Race has been dropping further and further down the pecking order at CBS and it was most likely getting close to being outright cancelled.

The worst part is the contestants had to wait for it to air in its entirety to begin collecting any prizes they earned during filming. So no money or trips were actually given to contestants until this week. So the boyfriends would have already had 2 of their 20 payouts possibly if this had aired sooner after filming. Plus, a lot of those trips are now useless with travel restrictions.

I really don’t think the alliance had anything to do with them waiting to air. If anything controversy draws in viewers. And a lot of people didn’t even see it as controversial.

I don’t have a problem with alliances, I guess because I was always a bigger Survivor fan and only got into the Race maybe 5 years ago. Alliances are such a big part of Survivor, and work so well there, that it makes sense to have them on the Race as well. I wouldn’t like it if rules were put in place to throttle the alliance aspect. If anything, they’ve done more to encourage alliances the past few seasons with double U turns and yields becoming more prevalent each season.
I stopped watching Survivor because of the alliances and nasty backstabbing.

I stopped watching Survivor because of the alliances and nasty backstabbing.

Alliances are a natural part of Survivor, they are built into to entire premise. First with the tribes themselves and then within the tribes. The Amazing Race is a race between teams of two, alliances are not part of the equation and defeat the purpose of a race.

Alliances are a natural part of Survivor, they are built into to entire premise. First with the tribes themselves and then within the tribes. The Amazing Race is a race between teams of two, alliances are not part of the equation and defeat the purpose of a race.
At least prolonged alliances. I don't mind help every now and then on Amazing Race but at the end of the day it is a group of 2 playing you eventually need to get back to that mindset. Just like on Survivor at some point it's just you playing for you and your alliance can only last so long. On Survivor an alliance is usually more important for longer, on Amazing Race it leads to people feeling like you're not playing independently enough. Just my musings

So totally agree. I loved that they made their own travel arrangements and booked different flights, etc. This really added some excitement or heartbreak! The show got good at keeping teams within striking distance of each other as time went on. The season that just finished was my least favorite yet.

I've enjoyed TAR Canada version when I could find a way to watch it. Anyone know how to find other countries' TAR like Australia? I found a season of something like TAR - China and that was a lot of fun to watch as they traveled through China to many places I'd never seen (including that park/area that reminds people of the floating rocks in Animal Kingdom's Pandora.

So totally agree. I loved that they made their own travel arrangements and booked different flights, etc. This really added some excitement or heartbreak! The show got good at keeping teams within striking distance of each other as time went on. The season that just finished was my least favorite yet.

I've enjoyed TAR Canada version when I could find a way to watch it. Anyone know how to find other countries' TAR like Australia? I found a season of something like TAR - China and that was a lot of fun to watch as they traveled through China to many places I'd never seen (including that park/area that reminds people of the floating rocks in Animal Kingdom's Pandora.
I would absolutely LOVE to see a TAR season where international teams race each other representing their own flags with a leg in each country. I wonder why they've never done that?

The thing is though, by now any avid fan should have a pretty good idea about what kind of challenges they will face. You could mentally prepare, steel yourself, get your head in the zone. I know you could; you got this!! We should apply to the next TAR Canada as an "East Joins West Internet Pals Never Met In Person Before Today" novelty team. I bet we'd crush it! :cheer2:Too bad though that the Canadian version doesn't pay a million bucks. :laughing:
You might get to go drinking with Jon Montgomery though. That's gotta be worth something.

I just watched the finale last night. The boyfriends weren't my first choice, but I have to admit I teared up when he proposed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter