Am I the only one who doesn't get the sdd hype

Melanie the tink fan

Earning My Ears
I just don't get what all the fuss is about. I wouldn't wait 2 hours in line for roller coaster with a dogs head on it, or for anything else really. Just my opinion

Anything relatively new will draw lines for awhile no matter what. Some people may get off of it and say "Well, I don't need to do that ever again", but they still want to be able to say that they tried it.

I don't see have an interest in it but I know a 10 year old girl who is planning an entire day around it so I will be in line.

I just don't get what all the fuss is about. I wouldn't wait 2 hours in line for roller coaster with a dogs head on it, or for anything else really. Just my opinion

I understand it perfectly. I don't do HS, so the I have no interest in even trying this ride. It's the same with Pandora...that line has been unbelievably long. I saw a 4 hour wait one time on the MDE app and nearly dropped my phone. :faint: :eek: Mine Train has that type of draw too. Think the longest wait I saw there was just over 3 hours. I hear it's not worth the stand by. If you don't have the FP, just keep walking. I'll be my own judge, but no....I'm NOT standing in ANY line beyond 30 minutes. I paid too much money to spend 1/3 of my day in a line for a what....5-7 minute ride.

I wouldn’t wait more then 20 minutes for any ride, but I was suprised by how much I loved SDD.
I’ll only fp it, but it’s a great ride! :)

I feel that way about Flight of Passage. Thank goodness I had a fastpass, because to say I was underwhelmed would be a huge understatement. I will never wait in the standby line for FOP.

I loved SDD, though. It was just FUN! My kids loved it, my husband and I loved it and we made some great memories riding it in the rain last summer.

When one gets to be my age two hours can be a fairly significant chunk of the time that one has left on this planet and I can't see wasting it just to be strapped into some portion of a disjointed cartoon dog and rocket up and down, and round and round, all the time listening to children of all ages scream their throats raw.

DH and I agree- we like SDD just fine. It’s fun, but we won’t do it without FP. We waited 60 minutes standby once and we won’t bother doing that again.

There isn’t much worth more than a 30 minute wait to me (and even that can be pushing it for some attractions) so I may not be the target audience for these things.

Fastpass and EMH; wouldn't wait over an hour for anything. The queues keep me interested...even FoP, especially in the early morning hours. It's beautiful waiting outside and taking in the amazing Pandora. Slinky Dog was SO much fun; we rode it 3 times in a row during EMH and loved it. What an amazing site watching the sun come up while on the roller coaster...

i-ZF2kxCF-XL.jpg

We thought FoP was AMAZING and would ride the Mine Train all day if we could. IMO they're all worth a little bit of extra effort. :tink:

I feel that way about Flight of Passage. Thank goodness I had a fastpass, because to say I was underwhelmed would be a huge understatement. I will never wait in the standby line for FOP.

I loved SDD, though. It was just FUN! My kids loved it, my husband and I loved it and we made some great memories riding it in the rain last summer.

Glad to hear someone else wasn't impressed with FoP. For the life of me, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I would ride Soarin' 10 times out of 10 instead of FoP.

Glad to hear someone else wasn't impressed with FoP. For the life of me, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I would ride Soarin' 10 times out of 10 instead of FoP.

I know, I feel like such a pariah.I just don't get it. I didn't "get" the hype around Pandora (the land) as a whole, either. Didn't even finish the movie, but everyone was like "you dont need to like the movie to be impressed by the land, blah, blah, blah." Well, the land didn't wow me either. I just can't bring myself to CARE about it, and I definitely didn't get the feeling that I was anywhere but a Disney theme park (none of this "it feels like you are on another planet " nonsense). We spend all of 30 minutes in there and no one wanted to go back. My kids didn't even seem to notice that we were in this "amazing land." They were like, "when can we go ride Expedition Everest again?"

I know, I feel like such a pariah.I just don't get it. I didn't "get" the hype around Pandora (the land) as a whole, either. Didn't even finish the movie, but everyone was like "you dont need to like the movie to be impressed by the land, blah, blah, blah." Well, the land didn't wow me either. I just can't bring myself to CARE about it, and I definitely didn't get the feeling that I was anywhere but a Disney theme park (none of this "it feels like you are on another planet " nonsense). We spend all of 30 minutes in there and no one wanted to go back. My kids didn't even seem to notice that we were in this "amazing land." They were like, "when can we go ride Expedition Everest again?"

My oldest son really liked the area. My younger kids didn't care about it. I'm with you. Found the land to be boring. Aesthetically impressive but not interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter