Ak jambo availability just opened

Might be a sad day when we find out that the availability never really existed and that we have no where to stay.

:earsboy: Bill

My guess is they will offer cash room people who booked those villas an opportunity to move to free up a few rooms if needed and only after that doesn't work out would people be asked to move to a different Resort.

As one who booked into Jambo yesterday (Jan 1- Jan 5), I'm interested to see how this plays out. I've got my res #, points taken out, res confirmed on MDE.

I wonder if it was just one room in each category available? I never saw wide open club level. Just value standard and savanna. Club level had way more availability than usual and value availability, which is fairly unheard of, was wide open for almost every night. If it’s just one room per night then only a few bumps per night. If it was a massive booking error with tons of rooms accidentally booked each night then we should soon know. I have a reservation I was able to complete with this glitch and had ms merge with my 11 month booking. I’d been stalking several times a day and finally had September 2 WL that filled yesterday.

Well, since I have a written confirmation of my concierge studio, I will not worry .. and, if Disney made a mistake, I am sure that Disney will find a place for me to sleep if they cancel those nights... so again, I do not worry.. But concierge would so nice :)

My guess is they will offer cash room people who booked those villas an opportunity to move to free up a few rooms if needed and only after that doesn't work out would people be asked to move to a different Resort.
If you search for how Disney has dealt with previous overbooked DVC scenarios it seems the preferred response is to move people to other DVC resorts, most likely because DVC points bookings and WDW cash bookings are 2 separate entities. When DVC unexpectedly shut down AKV club several years ago they offered the displaced SSR villas.
popcorn::I sense a debacle on the horizon....:coffee::scared1:
I hope there is a reasonable explanation like they held back pool view villas because of the construction which would include value, club and standard views (but not savanna view) and when they got the confirmed construction schedule released those villas accordingly or maybe they didn’t have all villas available via the site due to an earlier glitch - as I recall Jambo/Kidani 11 month booking was an issue with the last iteration of the DVC site.
I suspect, however, that it was most likely a glitch, so to prepare to negotiate in the event I got a call, I searched for what options might be offered if my worst suspicions were confirmed. A search of availability in DVC resorts & cash villas and even regular rooms for my end of Nov./early Dec. dates via both the RAT and CRO revealed that there is nothing available for my length of stay on the DVC side and very little available on the cash side even for basic resort rooms let alone villas.
I’m wondering when & how they’ll deal w/ this.

Could this be related to the masses of cancellations/ moves (I've seen big threads on this for cash guests) due to pool closure?

Could this be related to the masses of cancellations/ moves (I've seen big threads on this for cash guests) due to pool closure?

I would think not, as Disney can’t increase the number of rooms available for dvc members. They can lower them due to maintenance and once done put the rooms back into inventory.

One thing they might have done is that since Disney owns a few % of the points at each resort they could have rented those points/rooms and if customers starts to cancel their reservations in big numbers Disney could have chosen to put those rooms back into open inventory. This way Disney wouldn’t make any extra money but the resort would get filled anyway and then the mouse would get his share.

Another possibility is that the rooms was simply taken out for maintenance.

Aw, I got excited for a minute but just checked again and my waitlist is still a waitlist. I am waiting for a studio for just one night to add on the end of my trip, October 21st. Guess I'll have to keep waiting.

Aw, I got excited for a minute but just checked again and my waitlist is still a waitlist. I am waiting for a studio for just one night to add on the end of my trip, October 21st. Guess I'll have to keep waiting.

If the one night was for Jambo in a studio value, savanna or standard view it should have filled as that date among a lot of others was available

I was able to make a concierge reservation for October 20-22, and all studio categories were open... So, your waitlist should have been filled before I was able to reserve....

If the one night was for Jambo in a studio value, savanna or standard view it should have filled as that date among a lot of others was available

I was able to make a concierge reservation for October 20-22, and all studio categories were open... So, your waitlist should have been filled before I was able to reserve....

I just checked this morning and it was not filled. It was for AK standard studio.

Now I feel jipped. I have had this waitlist since July 15th.

Often waitlists do not get filled when inventory opens up, we thought that it was getting better but maybe not. There is so much about DVC that goes on behind the curtain that we only guess about and that they officially will never share with us.

:earsboy: Bill

I just checked this morning and it was not filled. It was for AK standard studio.

Send MS an email and ask why - maybe you will at least find out if the sudden availability was a mistake. (It's happened before and that is my suspicion). If it was a mistake, the odds of your waitlist coming through have been greatly decreased. MS will initiate a "super" waitlist to try to resolve the overbooking as best they can.

I remember last year when something similar happens at poly, one day there was full availability for the entire October and November and my wl did not get filled, so I booked the dates my self.

Maybe the wl system, can’t handle when that much inventory is released at once into the system.

I was able to score two nights in CL in a DVC studio in June when they released a studio and a one bedroom from maintinance. It was awesome. Can't imagine scoring that then them telling me I had to move to SSR!

Well, since I have a written confirmation of my concierge studio, I will not worry .. and, if Disney made a mistake, I am sure that Disney will find a place for me to sleep if they cancel those nights... so again, I do not worry.. But concierge would so nice :)
I would just be excepting to stay in concierge some where though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter