AK and Disney Springs on the same day

Jsharp13

Mouseketeer
Looking for some advice on my AK / Disney Springs day.
Background: my teenage son and I have done AK each of the last two years. We are bringing my husband who hasn't done AK in a decade and has never done Pandora.
That day, I also want to do Disney Springs with him. My goal is showing him the adult / cool / wow factor side of Disney.

My original plan is to do AK that day: Na'Vi, FOP, see Pandora, Yak & Yeti, Nomad Lounge, Everest, possibly Safari. Maybe Dinosaur if we're in the area. Unless we are really in the mood, likely no animal trails. No shows as he isn't into any of that stuff. We'd get a later start due to an After Hours event the night before.
Then maybe head back to our resort, refresh a bit, and then to DS. I think the best choice for him is Ragland Road. We also hope to hit Jock Lindsay's too.

Doing this means we miss Pandora at night, which is a bummer!

But, Raglan Road only has entertainment in the evening and that's a key thing too.

Guess I just need folks to tell me this is a super plan and while we'll miss Pandora at night, we will survive and have a great day. 😂

Your plan sounds fun, but depending on the crowds when you're going, the AK side could be somewhat challenging to get done in what amounts to a 1/2 day! If you use G+ and ILL, it's doable. Dis Springs RR and JL is very doable at night. Just be ready to make your Y&Y lunch and RR dinner ADRs when you're eligible, so you get the times you want. Have fun!

Looking for some advice on my AK / Disney Springs day.
Background: my teenage son and I have done AK each of the last two years. We are bringing my husband who hasn't done AK in a decade and has never done Pandora.
That day, I also want to do Disney Springs with him. My goal is showing him the adult / cool / wow factor side of Disney.

My original plan is to do AK that day: Na'Vi, FOP, see Pandora, Yak & Yeti, Nomad Lounge, Everest, possibly Safari. Maybe Dinosaur if we're in the area. Unless we are really in the mood, likely no animal trails. No shows as he isn't into any of that stuff. We'd get a later start due to an After Hours event the night before.
Then maybe head back to our resort, refresh a bit, and then to DS. I think the best choice for him is Ragland Road. We also hope to hit Jock Lindsay's too.

Doing this means we miss Pandora at night, which is a bummer!

But, Raglan Road only has entertainment in the evening and that's a key thing too.

Guess I just need folks to tell me this is a super plan and while we'll miss Pandora at night, we will survive and have a great day. 😂
I just did this! Be sure to get to AK for rope drop and you'll be able to do it all, no problem. Nomad Lounge opens at 10:30, if you want to sit outside, get in line before 10:15. And ask for the lobster mac & cheese! Save the safari for last (the animals aren't active earlier in the morning).

Thank you! You're correct, a few details I should add:
Last week of May. AK historically open till 8, with sunset around 8:15 so even at the end of the night, it could be dusk but not dark.
And, to provide as seamless of an experience as possible, I will be going ALL the advance things! Genie +, ILL for FOP, dining reservations, all of it! We'll be at CBR, so I know that means busses to AK and DS, so I'll consider Lyft if needed too.

Sounds like you're prepared to do the things you need to do to make it a full, fun day! With ILL for FOP, and G+ for a few other attractions, you'll be able to get most (if not all) of the attractions you've listed without getting up at the crack of dawn after being out late the night before!

If you don’t go back to your hotel from AK, you can take Saratoga Springs bus, get off at Congress park, follow the signs and walk over to DS. You enter over by Christmas store area.

If you don’t go back to your hotel from AK, you can take Saratoga Springs bus, get off at Congress park, follow the signs and walk over to DS. You enter over by Christmas store area.
I thought they started the buses between the theme parks and DS again, with service starting around 4PM? If not, I was wrong. If so, there will be a direct route from AK to DS after 4PM.

I think your plan is totally doable! Unless your DH is really into the Pandora movie, I wouldn't worry too much about the nighttime effects. My only suggestion would be to skip Yak&Yeti. Just do Nomad lounge or Satu'li Canteen for lunch.

There’s a Yak and Yeti QS you can do. Someone is going to have get up before 7am if you want the paid LL for Fop and to make 1st Genie+ pick if you go that route instead of standby.

This is exactly our plan for a day next week. The fact that AK closes early, DS is open late and they are so close to each other kind of made it a no-brainer for me.

Great idea! We'll keep that in mind!

I just did this! Be sure to get to AK for rope drop and you'll be able to do it all, no problem. Nomad Lounge opens at 10:30, if you want to sit outside, get in line before 10:15. And ask for the lobster mac & cheese! Save the safari for last (the animals aren't active earlier in the morning).
Our experience has been quite different and we've found the animals to be much more active in the morning before it gets too hot. We plan the safari as one of our first attractions each AK day.
I thought they started the buses between the theme parks and DS again, with service starting around 4PM? If not, I was wrong. If so, there will be a direct route from AK to DS after 4PM.
Unfortunately these buses have not returned. There is no direct transportation from any park to DS.
This is exactly our plan for a day next week. The fact that AK closes early, DS is open late and they are so close to each other kind of made it a no-brainer for me.
Please see above. You will need to take a bus to a resort and then transfer to a DS bus there.

Doing a bit of research... in the event we don't want to go back to our hotel before Disney Springs, it sounds like I can do a few things:
1) Bus to Saratoga and walk
2) Bus to Old Key West and boat
3) Bus to Port Orleans and boat
4) Of course, also Lyft/Uber/Minnie Van too.

Does that sound right? Any one preferred over the other?

Doing a bit of research... in the event we don't want to go back to our hotel before Disney Springs, it sounds like I can do a few things:

I'm not sure about a preference but I would recommend if you choose the bus to Saratoga and walk option to study to find which bus stop to exit that is closest to DS. We did this once and did not realize there were numerous bus stops. I can't remember which one we ended up getting off at but found out the hard way it wasn't the one closest to DS and added to our hike.

Personally I would choose to bus to a resort that offers a bus to DS as we normally like to start at the places closer to the bus loop rather than the boat drop off but that's just personal preference.

Sounds about right. If you're OK with the walking, the bus to Saratoga might be the quickest, most efficient free option - ride share could get you there without having to switch modes, but will cost a few dollars!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter