• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Shop the Block 2018 - BONUS MILES POSTING NOW

Just got back from Rexall. The cashiers were puzzled by the StB coupon, which has no barcode or PLU, but they were aware of StB and had coupon books. My receipt shows my AM collector number, a redemption of 190 AM and 20 “Load + Go Bonus Miles Earned”. There is no mention of StB anywhere.

Must be wrong, as I only received 20AM, and the coupon was for 40. Drat. Should I wait a couple of days for them to figure it out and then go back to have them fix it?

I have read posts on RFD that no one has gotten a barcode or PLU or AM showing on the receipt for Rexall's STB. One person there said the same thing happened last year but they did post the miles. Hopefully that's the same this year.

Shout Out to Meadowvale Mississauga Metro,,Jim and Mike!!!:yay:
They *Made it Right* :dogdance:
They called to apologise for the frozen Lasagna and asked me to drop by the store.
I went in and they gave a $25.00 Metro gift card.pixiedust:

Thanks Metro!

Regards
Mel

That's great!! Must have been some real miscommunication there. I was floored when you said they didn't cook your lasagna and have it ready it.

BTW, I heated some up for leftover lunch today and surprisingly it tasted better today. :) Maybe I was just hungrier. Still needs way more ground beef however.

Did the Samsung Pay offer. Created an account and added my AM number. Made sure the lock was locked (thanks Duck :)). I don’t have a Samsung phone so hopefully this credits- I need this one to get 7 offers.
I just went back into the one I made the other day and re-entered my AM #and clicked the lock icon. Hopefully it will work now as I also need it as one of my sponsors too.

Just confirming that my Shell just posted to my airmiles account and it says StB.
15 Nov 18
89_ENG_LOGO_S_MD.gif
2525 THOMAS ST SHOP THE BLOCK OFFER +5

Hugs
Mel

Just got back from Rexall. The cashiers were puzzled by the StB coupon, which has no barcode or PLU, but they were aware of StB and had coupon books. My receipt shows my AM collector number, a redemption of 190 AM and 20 “Load + Go Bonus Miles Earned”. There is no mention of StB anywhere.
I too show nothing on my bill about Shop the Block and nobody at the store knew anything about it either so I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.

I think Airmiles is tracking me as I surf Wayfair for Friday.

Today I got an email from Airmiles offering me 10X airmiles on any shop.
Hmmmm do I wait till Friday?
Edited to add:
Hold on it's on the main Airmiles site,,,so if today is 10X ....maybe wait till Black Fri???

Hugs
Mel

I got the same email - special early access black Friday for 10x (looks like it will stack with other offers by store). I won't be taking advantage of it but do kind of wish I'd waited to place my well.ca order for STB until today (spend $100 in one transaction on airmileshop). oh well! it would only be an extra few AM any way.

I too show nothing on my bill about Shop the Block and nobody at the store knew anything about it either so I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.
I also just checking receipts from Rexall. No indication of STB offer for redeeming cash miles. I did one on each of 3 cards and mine has only enough cash miles left for metro so that shop better not have been a waste of cash miles

Just confirming that my Shell just posted to my airmiles account and it says StB.
15 Nov 18
89_ENG_LOGO_S_MD.gif
2525 THOMAS ST SHOP THE BLOCK OFFER +5

Hugs
Mel

i just had my mile from my Friday purchase at Shell post with no STB indicated AND I used the "opt - in" and paid at the pump soooooo I guess I am going to have to try and hunt down a booklet and pay instore

Must be wrong, as I only received 20AM, and the coupon was for 40. Drat. Should I wait a couple of days for them to figure it out and then go back to have them fix it?

Rexall
No voucher to scan is correct
I redeemed on two cards today
Neither credited me the 40 bonus airmiles on my receipt.
Manager manually signed both my receipts to say *Shop The Block* and said she would be contact head office about this.She credited my account manually for 40 bonus airmiles.

Hugs
Mel

I have read posts on RFD that no one has gotten a barcode or PLU or AM showing on the receipt for Rexall's STB. One person there said the same thing happened last year but they did post the miles. Hopefully that's the same this year..

I also just checking receipts from Rexall. No indication of STB offer for redeeming cash miles. I did one on each of 3 cards and mine has only enough cash miles left for metro so that shop better not have been a waste of cash miles

Oops, you all caught me with my mind distracted last night & this morning! I KNEW this would crop up as soon as we all started using this coupon and i had intended to remind everyone the when you cash in miles at Rexall and there is a bonus offer connected to that they NEVER show on your receipt and more times than not they will NOT post at the same time as the rest of the miles you earn.

Staple a copy of the coupon to your receipt for your records and it will be fine -- this is how it has worked in the last 4 big promos, i just double-checked thru those threads :thumbsup2

I went to Shell last week after STB started. I went inside to pay and did 3 transactions.
1. Gas for my car. I bought $80, gave the cashier my phone with the STB coupon on the screen to scan, she had to manually enter the # because it would not scan, also used a $0.07/L Thrifty Foods coupon.
2. $50 Amazon.ca GC, gave the cashier my phone with the STB coupon on the screen to scan, she had to manually enter the # because it would not scan.
3. Same as #2.

My receipts show:
1. 0AM but promo 940 listed.
2. 30AM, promo 939 listed
3. 25AM, promo 931 listed.

My AM showed up in my account today, thankfully there was 1 Shop The Block amount for Shell.

No idea what the cashier did, it was the same young woman for all 3!

It is interesting that the same purchases have different promote codes. I thought the STB coupon can be used 4 times for a maximum of 20 AM. It does not state there is a limit of one per day on the coupon.

Regarding being not able to scan a saved coupon or picture of a coupon:
Sometimes the screen is not bright enough for the barcode to scan. Next time try to turn the brightness to full force and see if it can scan properly. It happened to me in Rexall once and it worked. That is also why whenever I use my cards loaded to my Wallet App(on iPhone), the screen brights up. This helps to scan the barcode.

This was my experience on our last AM collection (what was the name of the last one? Mega Miles?) Anyways, I needed to make a purchase from Amazon for $20. I purchased two items, a milk nut bag ($19.99) and an eye mask ($6). They shipped separately and I did not get credit for the AM's or for the Mega Miles entry. It really annoyed me because I was only .01 short for the $20 and that was the only reason I purchased the second item. I did argue with AM and they finally gave me credit for the MM but did not give me any AM's for the Amazon purchase itself.
YMMV.
Thanks for bringing this up! Luckily I am planning to buy two of the same product (set of packing cubes for me and DD). I was thinking of just getting one set. Might as well get both and avoid this problem. The STB coupon should be more explicit about this policy. Thanks again for sharing your experience. Really appreciate the heads up!

That is weird. #1 has the right promo code on it for the gas. No idea why you got 0 miles. Should have gotten 6 (1 base and 5 STB). Keep receipt to get miles from AM later.
#2 - perfect
#3 - what the heck is promo 931? lol

Hey, so someone told me when you show your phone to the Cashier and they can't scan it, it's because the screen is too bright. I had that issue. I started lowering the brightness on the screen and now it always scans. Give that a try if the Cashier can't scan your phone.
LOL! I have just the opposite experience with the brightness issue. I guess it is never easy to understand this tech thing!

Can anyone tell me if I'm right thinking I can stack these when redeeming with cash miles?

Spend $65
- $5 off when you spend $25 (coupon) bringing total down to $60
- spend $60 get 60 (L+G)
- spend $50 get 50 (coupon)
- redeem 190 cash for $20 get 40
So debit actually charged $40 in the end and earn 150 bonus miles plus 3 base miles?

When I ask Rexall to redeem 190 cash miles, does this have to get done first or last? Does it make a difference?

Dinner time -- I'll check your math later -- but looks right to me, just let them know you want to use cash miles and how many.

Thanks for bringing this up! Luckily I am planning to buy two of the same product (set of packing cubes for me and DD). I was thinking of just getting one set. Might as well get both and avoid this problem. The STB coupon should be more explicit about this policy. Thanks again for sharing your experience. Really appreciate the heads up!
You would have been annoyed with yourself if you had only purchased one set of packing cubes, trust me! We have packing cubes in all different sizes and in three colors. Green for DH, purple for me and a black set to put dirty clothes in to keep my sanity when I get home trying to decide what is clean and what is not. They are the most amazing things I have ever ever had for travel.....EVER, lol. You will not be sorry.

Can anyone tell me if I'm right thinking I can stack these when redeeming with cash miles?

Spend $65
- $5 off when you spend $25 (coupon) bringing total down to $60
- spend $60 get 60 (L+G)
- spend $50 get 50 (coupon)
- redeem 190 cash for $20 get 40
So debit actually charged $40 in the end and earn 150 bonus miles plus 3 base miles?

When I ask Rexall to redeem 190 cash miles, does this have to get done first or last? Does it make a difference?
Something I learned, you can spend only $60 and use the $5 coupon and it still counts as a $60 purchase. You don't need to spend $65, which is what I had always been doing before the store clerk filled me in on this gem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter