• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Shop the Block 2018 - BONUS MILES POSTING NOW

Okay that makes sense, you need the entire order from Amazon to be over $100 for the online coupon to work correct. In the case of Amazon however, it doesn't have to all come from the same manufacturer it just has to be a total of 100 through the Amazon store. You'll want to add all of the gift cards onto your balance because you can't use multiple gift cards in a purchase. You are able to use two forms of payment but you might want to just add the extra money from your MasterCard on to the gift card to begin with so that it's easier. I'm not quite awake so I'm not sure if I'm making sense or not about this.

I think you need to sit down somewhere with a cup of something warm and watch some trashy sappy Hallmark type Christmas movies to get you in the mood and the give your head a chance to rest. I hope the headache goes away soon and that the bruise butt doesn't take too long to heal that's something I'm famous for as well. At least you have the snow and ice to blame on it I've been known to do it when it's perfectly dry.

I would also note that, sometimes Amazon will split the order and will give the AM for the individual portions of that (which often means fewer overall miles and it can be a PITA for an offer with a big purchase like this). If you are under $100 with the one item and it's not shipped from Amazon, be aware that it might not work at a $100 purchase.

So to load the GC's into the area called "My Gift card balance" using the redeem a GC button. Then I can add another $7 to this as well (using the reload button) so that there is enough there to pay for the purchase. What will it prompt me with when I go to pay? This is all new to me. I usually just pay for things with one click.

I'm glad I went to another Global Pet Food location to have them fix my purchase. The first purchase and second purchase are showing up on my husband's AM card this morning. The first purchase (with the STB applied incorrectly) only posted 2 miles. The next day shows the 2 miles be clawed back as I returned the items. But then shows them posted again along with the 10 STB air miles. All's good there. Now I need to get my Metro receipt fixed.

I was actually thinking if I got over $100 before shipping it might count as another StB coupon use. Good to know, I will hold off until Friday to make the purchase. Will go into my amazon account and delete the item so going through AM shops works properly.

I fell on the snow this morning and hit the back of my head. Very minor headache and a sore butt. I think I'll take it easy today so I'll go get those GC tomorrow.

Thanks for the info Jacqueline.

Ouch. Yes, I agree with taking it easy today. I hope you're feeling better by the end of the day.

I got gas on Saturday at Shell, paid at the pump (supposed to have opted in), got my 1 AM, no bonus... so I'll be paying inside with the coupon next time (and a little sad I didn't get my 5 bonus airmiles). I did only have to pay 96.9 cents per litre which was kind of awesome. I only got 26 L though because I need two more times this month for the bonus. I always put in a bit more than the 25 for some reason.
Same here. I am only showing 1 posted airmiles and I also opted in. Are you sure it won’t post later or should the bonus miles have been on the receipt ?

Same here. I am only showing 1 posted airmiles and I also opted in. Are you sure it won’t post later or should the bonus miles have been on the receipt ?

I had the same thing happen. I've always found that Shell posts on the receipt, so I'm guessing it didn't work.

I had the same thing happen. I've always found that Shell posts on the receipt, so I'm guessing it didn't work.

My bonus miles at Shell always post the same time as the regular ones. And show on the receipt. I'm of the opinion it didn't work since it didn't show on the receipt either. I'll try again next weekend and opt to pay in store.

Hopefully Airmiles and Shell are aware of this issue and fix it quickly. Perhaps when the points actually post, the others will show up.

I just signed up for miss fresh and placed my first order. It said enter collector number to get 250 bonus AirMiles on your first order. Do you think this in addition to the 500 for the promo? I took a screen shot...

https://ibb.co/c5x6Uf

Just wanted to add you should get 30 air miles on each $50 gift card for a total of 60. Yesterday I went back and purchased another 2 $50 SportChek cards. Both gave me the 20 air miles for the Shell promo + 5 miles for using the STB coupon + 5 miles for Shell's 1 mile for every $10 in-store purchase.

My Shell Cashier wanted a STB coupon for each gift card.

Hopefully Airmiles and Shell are aware of this issue and fix it quickly. Perhaps when the points actually post, the others will show up.

I went to Shell last week after STB started. I went inside to pay and did 3 transactions.
1. Gas for my car. I bought $80, gave the cashier my phone with the STB coupon on the screen to scan, she had to manually enter the # because it would not scan, also used a $0.07/L Thrifty Foods coupon.
2. $50 Amazon.ca GC, gave the cashier my phone with the STB coupon on the screen to scan, she had to manually enter the # because it would not scan.
3. Same as #2.

My receipts show:
1. 0AM but promo 940 listed.
2. 30AM, promo 939 listed
3. 25AM, promo 931 listed.

My AM showed up in my account today, thankfully there was 1 Shop The Block amount for Shell.

No idea what the cashier did, it was the same young woman for all 3!

I would also note that, sometimes Amazon will split the order and will give the AM for the individual portions of that (which often means fewer overall miles and it can be a PITA for an offer with a big purchase like this). If you are under $100 with the one item and it's not shipped from Amazon, be aware that it might not work at a $100 purchase.
This was my experience on our last AM collection (what was the name of the last one? Mega Miles?) Anyways, I needed to make a purchase from Amazon for $20. I purchased two items, a milk nut bag ($19.99) and an eye mask ($6). They shipped separately and I did not get credit for the AM's or for the Mega Miles entry. It really annoyed me because I was only .01 short for the $20 and that was the only reason I purchased the second item. I did argue with AM and they finally gave me credit for the MM but did not give me any AM's for the Amazon purchase itself.
YMMV.

So to load the GC's into the area called "My Gift card balance" using the redeem a GC button. Then I can add another $7 to this as well (using the reload button) so that there is enough there to pay for the purchase. What will it prompt me with when I go to pay? This is all new to me. I usually just pay for things with one click.
EXACTLY! When you go to pay i believe it automatically picks your gift card first .. I'd include a screen shot but my gift card balance is currently a big fat zero -- BUT you will get a screen pop up to allow you to choose your method of payment after you have gone past the "pick delivery address" (Side note I'm SUPER happy to see they've added back the choice of my local drug store, perhaps it won't get lost like my HBC order!!) and then whichever method of shipping you want to use. Just select gift card (like i said, i'm not sure if it will just pick that but it's super easy to select which you want to use) and it will go to the confirmation page.

Why not try it out today and see what I'm talking about, add a small amount to your gift card balance (might need to "buy" a card if you don't have one on your account yet) and then put something in your cart and go all the way thru but stop before you have actually hit confirm? You can then go back and remove it from your cart to make sure you start from scratch on Friday. I do this ALL THE TIME to see what my final cost will be and then I'm ready to go when a multiplier comes up that i want to pounce on!

Regarding the whole thing about Amazon splitting your order up and messing up your Airmiles posting properly I must admit I've usually only ordered things that classify as "Prime" and most of those ship from Amazon -- because the warehouse is in Mississauga it never matters which method of shipping i chose it's usually here within 2 days. The only time i ordered something that wasn't like this, the whole thing was over the Airmiles threshold so I didn't have a problem. Guess this is an example of the Duck not knowing everything :P Sorry gang :(

Any idea if I can use the Rexall cash mile STB offer to buy a Rexall gift card?
No, you definitely can NOT buy any gift cards with cash miles after the system was hacked and a bunch of people lost out on a whack of miles. This happened after the first big Shop the Block when all the miles were awarded as Cash miles no matter what your account was set to and several of us (especially ME) were annoyed because we had intended to cash in those 2000 miles for $200 worth of gift cards!!

There is a coupon out right now to get bonus miles at Rexall as well ..

Spend $50 get 50 AM Valid Nov 19th - 22nd
You can ignore the wording "won't combine" because it does!

Here’s my plan:

Already done:
- BMO MasterCard 25 transactions
- LCBO Jacob’s Creek Chardonnay

Still to do:
- Today - Rexall Spend $20AM Cash
- Today - Shell 25L+ fill up
- Today - Shell Buy a $50 Amazon gift card to use for the AMShops Spend $100 promo later (Xmas gifts)
- Dec 6 - Sobeys Urban Fresh Buy a $75 gift card to use for the Sobeys Spend $100 promo
- Dec 6 - Sobeys Spend $100 promo
- Whenever - AMShops Spend $100 promo
- Whenever - Rexall Spend $40 promo *typically shop there once a month so might as well use another coupon if I can!*
- Last resort if something changes - Foodland promo (If I can get my husband to drive all the way out there, LOL)

I went to Shell last week after STB started. I went inside to pay and did 3 transactions.
1. Gas for my car. I bought $80, gave the cashier my phone with the STB coupon on the screen to scan, she had to manually enter the # because it would not scan, also used a $0.07/L Thrifty Foods coupon.
2. $50 Amazon.ca GC, gave the cashier my phone with the STB coupon on the screen to scan, she had to manually enter the # because it would not scan.
3. Same as #2.

My receipts show:
1. 0AM but promo 940 listed.
2. 30AM, promo 939 listed
3. 25AM, promo 931 listed.

My AM showed up in my account today, thankfully there was 1 Shop The Block amount for Shell.

No idea what the cashier did, it was the same young woman for all 3!

That is weird. #1 has the right promo code on it for the gas. No idea why you got 0 miles. Should have gotten 6 (1 base and 5 STB). Keep receipt to get miles from AM later.
#2 - perfect
#3 - what the heck is promo 931? lol

Hey, so someone told me when you show your phone to the Cashier and they can't scan it, it's because the screen is too bright. I had that issue. I started lowering the brightness on the screen and now it always scans. Give that a try if the Cashier can't scan your phone.

No, you definitely can NOT buy any gift cards with cash miles after the system was hacked and a bunch of people lost out on a whack of miles. This happened after the first big Shop the Block when all the miles were awarded as Cash miles no matter what your account was set to and several of us (especially ME) were annoyed because we had intended to cash in those 2000 miles for $200 worth of gift cards!!

There is a coupon out right now to get bonus miles at Rexall as well ..

Spend $50 get 50 AM Valid Nov 19th - 22nd
You can ignore the wording "won't combine" because it does!

Thanks! I also have a spend $60 get 60 in my L+G.

Hmm.. so will these stack when redeeming with cash miles? For example,

Spend $65
- $5 off when you spend $25 (coupon) bringing total down to $60
- spend $60 get 60 (L+G)
- spend $50 get 50 (coupon)
- redeem 190 cash for $20 get 40
So debit actually charged $40 in the end and earn 150 bonus miles plus 3 base miles?

EDITED TO ASK: When I ask Rexall to redeem 190 cash miles, does this have to get done first or last? Does it make a difference?

Last edited:
Rexall
First day of the Nov 19 to Nov 22
use 190 cash airmiles ($20.00) get 40 bonus airmiles
for one sponsor coupon
Reminder: unlock account before shopping.
Hugs
Mel

Just got back from Rexall. The cashiers were puzzled by the StB coupon, which has no barcode or PLU, but they were aware of StB and had coupon books. My receipt shows my AM collector number, a redemption of 190 AM and 20 “Load + Go Bonus Miles Earned”. There is no mention of StB anywhere.

Must be wrong, as I only received 20AM, and the coupon was for 40. Drat. Should I wait a couple of days for them to figure it out and then go back to have them fix it?

Last edited:
Rexall
No voucher to scan is correct
I redeemed on two cards today
Neither credited me the 40 bonus airmiles on my receipt.
Manager manually signed both my receipts to say *Shop The Block* and said she would be contact head office about this.She credited my account manually for 40 bonus airmiles.

My
Chat with Airmiles

KARL
Thank you for your patience Melanie. I have checked your Collector Account and can confirm that we do see that you have redeemed a total of 190 Cash AIR MILES from your Account to pay for $20 worth of purchases made at Rexall today (November 19, 2018). I want to assure you that this use of your Cash Miles will count as one of your Shop the Block Offers.
KARL
I do however want to assure you that you will be eligible to earn the 40 Bonus Miles due to you for this AIR MILES Cash Purchase and I only ask you to please keep monitoring your Account carefully until these Miles are posted.
Now, I do have to inform you that in some cases, Bonus AIR MILES reward miles due to you for a short term Offer do not always appear on your purchase receipt.
If 120 days pass and you notice that you have not been awarded these Miles, please contact us via Live Chat or through our online Missing Miles Portal and we will be happy to manually post the Miles for you. I give you my word and assurance on this.

So
I guess they are asking us to have faith in them that this is going to work.
I am going to staple everything together including my chat ..
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I think Airmiles is tracking me as I surf Wayfair for Friday.

Today I got an email from Airmiles offering me 10X airmiles on any shop.
Hmmmm do I wait till Friday?
Edited to add:
Hold on it's on the main Airmiles site,,,so if today is 10X ....maybe wait till Black Fri???

Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter