Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Forgot to ask....
Does anyone know anything about the RBC bank accounts that you can use in the USA? DD has asked me to try and figure this out for her. TBH, this is just one too many things right now with dealing with my mom. DD got snarky with me when I said I'm overwhelmed. Anyway, now I feel guilty. She gets paid in USD on this paycard system that is basically like a mastercard. The money is deposited and then they can go into the account to transfer elsewhere or just use the card like a regular mastercard. So her card was not working while she was in rehearsals and she had no money for two weeks while they tried to fix it. For a while it was working just fine but now it's not working again. So all she has to use is her Canadian visa card but can't access her pay to pay the visa bill. Plus, she is losing money paying in CAD instead of USD. Her manager from the office here is still onboard and has suggested she open some sort of RBC account and also said they have a branch in Georgia. I know NOTHING about this stuff or how to even help her. I don't think I can open an account in her name but could open it in my name, giving her the acct number and pin...maybe joint with her??? Then mail her the debit card. I think the account needs to read like a US based bank on the DCL end.
We have this account. It is tied to our RBC here. Now I will be the 1st to say I dont know much about it. I use it to receive my money from paypal when I rent out points. And to pay my dvc monthly. They did give me a debit visa card to use,,I never used it and it expired I never renewed. It should work like any other bank account. And the visa debit card she should be able to use for purchases and not be out exchange rates.
Now we went in the branch here, you can ask and see if she can set up over the phone.

From what I recall, bank accounts need to be set up in person with 2 pieces of ID. The banks are particular about making sure they have their i's dotted and t's crossed.

We have this account. It is tied to our RBC here. Now I will be the 1st to say I dont know much about it. I use it to receive my money from paypal when I rent out points. And to pay my dvc monthly. They did give me a debit visa card to use,,I never used it and it expired I never renewed. It should work like any other bank account. And the visa debit card she should be able to use for purchases and not be out exchange rates.
Now we went in the branch here, you can ask and see if she can set up over the phone.
We bank with TD so anything from another bank feels like a foreign language. She needs the account to appear as if it is an American bank. IIRC, she has the option of direct deposit to a bank account or the pay card. However, the auto deposit is only to a US bank account. I guess nothing to loose by trying to set it up.

pFrom what I recall, bank accounts need to be set up in person with 2 pieces of ID. The banks are particular about making sure they have their i's dotted and t's crossed.
That's pretty much what I told her....I can't open an account in your name. I assume I can set it up all in my name and then just give her the logging/pin number type info and mail her the cards. Ideally, add her name as well making it a joint account. I do have a photo of her passport and can send me one of her DL.

LOL....I think she's annoyed with me because I haven't heard from her in two days and normally it's ten times a day. I chatted about this at work today with a friend. My friend took my arm and said does she figure out things for you...you've got enough on your plate right now.

We bank with TD so anything from another bank feels like a foreign language. She needs the account to appear as if it is an American bank. IIRC, she has the option of direct deposit to a bank account or the pay card. However, the auto deposit is only to a US bank account. I guess nothing to loose by trying to set it up.

That's pretty much what I told her....I can't open an account in your name. I assume I can set it up all in my name and then just give her the logging/pin number type info and mail her the cards. Ideally, add her name as well making it a joint account. I do have a photo of her passport and can send me one of her DL.

LOL....I think she's annoyed with me because I haven't heard from her in two days and normally it's ten times a day. I chatted about this at work today with a friend. My friend took my arm and said does she figure out things for you...you've got enough on your plate right now.
So the RBC US is a US bank. And they are right it is in Georgia. You can get auto deposit, just like DVC takes auto withdrawls from me. Now I thought TD has something as well,,,if that is your bank, check with them.
I go onto another website that is linked to my Can account, but it is the US account,,,even seperate website.

TD is also a bank with branches in the US. There should be something they can do.

On another front, in preparation for tomorrows big Pharmasave deal I found my nearest Pharmasave. I've never been in it so I have no idea what they carry. I went on their website and let me fingers do the walking. I know have an extensive list of possibilities to do this offer on my card as well as DH's.

They also do the AM Cash thing so I can pay with that as a further confirmation of my having completed the offer. There is something in the fineprint about it being 1AM for every $10 spent but that individual stores can vary that earn rate. Worth asking when you enter the store to confirm what their arrangement is.

No need to use your linked M/C (unless you want to). You just need to show and have them scan your AM card.

SHOP the BLOCK starts tomorrow gang!
Saw a mini reel on Instagram from someone who works at Pharamsave showing the process,
YES, you will need to actually have your card/app scanned since they are now an actual brick and mortar sponsor store.
You can use any method of payment, just has to be over $10 BEFORE tax
If you use your BMO Mastercard it will trigger the extra 50 miles part of the StB
ONE DAY only, Friday 20th to get the bonus 100 miles at Pharmasave

Sad side note, we have a nice looking one, within walking distance, BUT neither of us is well enough to actually go inside!!! I'm thinking this promo is going to involve a lot of online shopping for us. Staples and Michael's with curbside pick-up so I don't need to worry about massive shipping thresholds - I can send our daughter to pick them up need be. Put some gas in Frederick (that might be tricky, still has about 1/2 tank so putting 20L in will be hard) Hopefully a receipt item will be one we actually purchase. Hubby *might* be at the point where he could pop into the drug store if he knew exactly what he needs to get, he doesn't seem to be as ill as I STILL am.

Panic is setting in on the upcoming trip, we would be leaving one week from this moment in time! I've been pricing out various times that we could possibly push the trip out to but DANG, I got such a good deal on our flights, the rooms are cheaper next week and there are NO rooms available at POFQ during any of the weeks hubby can take off. He pushed a bunch of clients out who wanted things this upcoming week leaving us with very little choice.

SHOP the BLOCK starts tomorrow gang!
Saw a mini reel on Instagram from someone who works at Pharamsave showing the process,
YES, you will need to actually have your card/app scanned since they are now an actual brick and mortar sponsor store.
You can use any method of payment, just has to be over $10 BEFORE tax
If you use your BMO Mastercard it will trigger the extra 50 miles part of the StB
ONE DAY only, Friday 20th to get the bonus 100 miles at Pharmasave

Sad side note, we have a nice looking one, within walking distance, BUT neither of us is well enough to actually go inside!!! I'm thinking this promo is going to involve a lot of online shopping for us. Staples and Michael's with curbside pick-up so I don't need to worry about massive shipping thresholds - I can send our daughter to pick them up need be. Put some gas in Frederick (that might be tricky, still has about 1/2 tank so putting 20L in will be hard) Hopefully a receipt item will be one we actually purchase. Hubby *might* be at the point where he could pop into the drug store if he knew exactly what he needs to get, he doesn't seem to be as ill as I STILL am.

Panic is setting in on the upcoming trip, we would be leaving one week from this moment in time! I've been pricing out various times that we could possibly push the trip out to but DANG, I got such a good deal on our flights, the rooms are cheaper next week and there are NO rooms available at POFQ during any of the weeks hubby can take off. He pushed a bunch of clients out who wanted things this upcoming week leaving us with very little choice.
well obviously POFQ is your fave but this could be a chance to try something different. Maybe it would reduce your stress level if you could actually make a plan B while you're stuck at home...maybe even renting DVC points.

In all likelihood you will feel well enough to fly next week but if you don't want to chance it and you have insurance, you should get a doctor's note

I am glad that Shop the Block is happening again, but it seems hard to shop at 5 partners nowadays. I hope to double dip with the Pharmasave Flash Offer, but I am not sure how to find the participating Pharmasave stores. The ones listed on the flyers are so far away. I called the ones close to home and either no one picked up the phone or they have no clue what to do. One lady asked me to go tomorrow and we could figure it out together. Some of the stores are small and only sell greeting cards, over the counter medication and some home care equipment. Does anyone have a list of Toronto stores to share? I can only find a few Scarborough (south) ones. TIA!

I am glad that Shop the Block is happening again, but it seems hard to shop at 5 partners nowadays. I hope to double dip with the Pharmasave Flash Offer, but I am not sure how to find the participating Pharmasave stores. The ones listed on the flyers are so far away. I called the ones close to home and either no one picked up the phone or they have no clue what to do. One lady asked me to go tomorrow and we could figure it out together. Some of the stores are small and only sell greeting cards, over the counter medication and some home care equipment. Does anyone have a list of Toronto stores to share? I can only find a few Scarborough (south) ones. TIA!

I do actually buy greeting cards when there is nothing else I need... I just buy the ones that I would buy in the future anyways. I don't send many anymore but there are people like my mother that expect one.

I do actually buy greeting cards when there is nothing else I need... I just buy the ones that I would buy in the future anyways. I don't send many anymore but there are people like my mother that expect one.
I went to the flipp app and checked the pharmasave flyer

At the bottom the last page they had all the locations in my area.

Try flipp and check if it works for you

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest