Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I went back to my 2019 spreadsheet. It was in March that year into early April. I don't have the full promotion dates listed just the dates I did offers.

I don't see any Mega Miles in 2020 or 2021 just Bonus Booms those years in February/March. There was Mega Miles in August 2020

Here's a timeline for all of the promos that I've started threads about. It will give a general idea of what used to happen. Doesn't include all of those stupid little bonus booms (or as we called them busts)
Historical timelines from previous promos:

Shop the Block 2020 ran from November 19th - December 28th with the 120 day mark being April 27th, 2021. Miles started posting on February 17th (51 days ~ 7 weeks)

Mega Miles 2020 ran from August 13th - September 10th with the 120 day mark being January 8th, 2021. Miles started posting on October 27th (47 days ~ 7 weeks)

Shop the Block 2019 ran from November 14th - December 27th with the 120 day mark being April 26th. Coupon for online shopping posted on January 20th & the final bonus miles starting posting on February 12th (48 days ~ 7 weeks)

Mega Miles 2019 ran from March 21st - April 25th with the 120 day mark being August 23rd. Miles starting posting on June 18th (54 days ~ 7 weeks)

Shop the Block 2018 ran from November 15 - December 27th with the 120 day mark being April 26th. Coupon for shopping online posted Jan 22nd & the final bonus miles started posing on Feb 14th (49 days ~ 7 weeks)

Online Shopping mess-up ran till September 9th 2018 miles had till Nov 23rd to post. Started posting (terribly I might add!!) Oct 19th but eventually they stated Oct 25th to post (46 days ~ 6 weeks)

Mega Miles 2018 ran until April 12th with the 120 mark being August 10th: first sightings of miles was May 30th (48 days ~ 6 weeks)

Shop the Block 2017 ran until Dec 14th: first sighting of miles was Feb 3rd, many of us only got 1/2 and were told to wait til Feb 8th but online chat starting adding them around Feb 6th (51 days ~ 7 weeks)

Mega Miles in 2017 ran until May 31st the 120 mark for that was Sept 28th : first sighting of miles was July 13th, miles for the online shopping coupon around July 31st with some reporting as long as Aug 21st (43 days ~ 6 weeks)

Shop the Block 2016 ran until Dec 14th the 120 day mark for that was April 13th BUT the site clearly said they would post by end of Feb. First sighting was Feb 3rd but a LOT of people got only 1/2 and it took till middle of MAY for some to get it straightened out (51 days ~ 7 weeks)

Mega Miles in 2015 was BRUTAL -- needed to use 5 coupons and bonus only went to the first 60,000 who completed the coupons the rest of us got varying amounts, we got (get this) FIVE!

I've switched to all cash AM for now. Had an unexpected expense that went over budget so need to make up a little bit before our trip just so we aren't having to watch so closely on how much a meal costs and things. Plus I have nothing "dream" I am wanting to get right now, we'll see when we get back what I want to do next I guess.

And yes for early spring! A few of the groundhogs had the same message.

I've switched to all cash AM for now. Had an unexpected expense that went over budget so need to make up a little bit before our trip just so we aren't having to watch so closely on how much a meal costs and things. Plus I have nothing "dream" I am wanting to get right now, we'll see when we get back what I want to do next I guess.

And yes for early spring! A few of the groundhogs had the same message.
Hi Hon
Cocoa's little adventure up a tree threw me for a financial loop of $500 cash for arborist (close to 700$ if we paid credit card ) and then two days of cat trapping from Stephenson rental was another 140$ plus lost time at work.
So that was all my spend money for my next trip.
23 days and counting.
I will definitely be using those Starbucks gift cards via Airmiles and those Disney Gift cards via Dollarama.

Sending Big hugs to you
Mel

Dollarama made my day today:)
Sugarless juicy fruit gum has been $5.59 and up at grocery stores.
Dollarama $3.50... score

Raisin bagels also sky high at grocery stores.
Dollarama $1.99 / six pack....score (great expiration date too)

My Sister's Birthday Card .....
Dollarama $1.25 even with a 25 cent increase it's still a bargain

Pot scrubbers at Sobeys $8.99 a package
Dollarama today $1.25 a 10 pack ...score

Cocoa temptation treats $4.99 a pack at Metro ....
$2.25 at Dollarama (lots of flavors). score

And of course I picked up a Disney G.C.
I know only 10 Airmiles but every few airmiles helps.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Hi Hon
Cocoa's little adventure up a tree threw me for a financial loop of $500 cash for arborist (close to 700$ if we paid credit card ) and then two days of cat trapping from Stephenson rental was another 140$ plus lost time at work.
So that was all my spend money for my next trip.
23 days and counting.
I will definitely be using those Starbucks gift cards via Airmiles and those Disney Gift cards via Dollarama.

Sending Big hugs to you
Mel
Mine was vet expenses, KitKat stopped eating, so the vet was very pricey for just the visit, fluids, medicine and oh my xrays are expensive! Thankfully she is good now but ouch. All fixed with a laxative and anti nausea shot. Very happy no surgery was required.

Mine was vet expenses, KitKat stopped eating, so the vet was very pricey for just the visit, fluids, medicine and oh my xrays are expensive! Thankfully she is good now but ouch. All fixed with a laxative and anti nausea shot. Very happy no surgery was required.
wow.
Yep those vet bills can be so high,,, actually we are very lucky that Cocoa didn't need a visit after her little adventure ,,,guess I better start a Cocoa Savings account Challenge for myself. Glad your KitKat is doing ok now.
Hugs Hon

wow.
Yep those vet bills can be so high,,, actually we are very lucky that Cocoa didn't need a visit after her little adventure ,,,guess I better start a Cocoa Savings account Challenge for myself. Glad your KitKat is doing ok now.
Hugs Hon
Everything vet related seems to have gone up. She's had this happen before, she gets blocked up when she gets super stressed, but it was about 6 years ago and it was half the cost. I didn't realize things had gone up quite so much. So after this trip the vet fund will be kept with more funds available. I guess everything just keeps going up. I was very glad to read your post about finding Cocoa in the woods, that she was found safe. And she didn't need the vet.

I have been holding off getting something for Cocoa
till Pet Food & Supplies was available ,,,happy I waited

Feb 1 2024 Amazon

Please note: Included categories have changed as of February 1, 2024.
You will get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made in the following categories. All other categories, Gift Cards and Amazon Subscriptions are excluded. You will NOT get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made via the Amazon app.

Included categories*:
Amazon Cloud Cam
Automotive
Business & Industrial Supplies
Camera, Photo & Video
Clothing & Accessories
Echo Devices
Eero Devices
Element Smart TV
Fire TV Devices
Handmade
Jewelry
Kindle E-readers
Kindle E-readers
Kitchen & Dining
Luggage
Luxury Beauty
Major Appliances
Musical Instruments
Office & School Supplies (Exclude Computers, Computer Accessories, Home Theater Projectors, Laptops, Tablets)
Outdoor Recreation
Pet Food & Supplies
Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras
Shoes, Handbags & Accessories
Software
Tires & Wheels

*categories are subject to change at any time

In order to get Miles on your Amazon.ca purchase, you must follow the below steps:
1) Enter your AIR MILES Collector Number on airmilesshops.ca
2) Click on the Shop Now button below
3) Add items to your shopping cart on Amazon.ca (you will not get Miles on any items in your shopping cart prior to clicking the Shop Now button on airmilesshops.ca)
4) Complete the transaction on Amazon.ca (You must complete all four steps in a single web session — make sure that you do not close the window, or log off your computer before completing the transaction)
View attachment 830496
View attachment 830527
View attachment 830683
Do you think a Kitchenaid mixer would be included in "kitchen"?
Category says ...
Home & Kitchen>Kitchen & Dining>Small Appliances>Blenders, Mixers & Food Processors>Mixers>Stand Mixers

Last edited:
Do you think a Kitchenaid mixer would be included in "kitchen"?
Category says ...
Home & Kitchen>Kitchen & Dining>Small Appliances>Blenders, Mixers & Food Processors>Mixers>Stand Mixers
I am thinking that Logically speaking the item even has the word "Kitchen" in it but to be honest I trust nothing when dealing with Amazon.
Last summer I bought a wooden stool and it was not considered furniture?????????????
The only thing I have ever gotten miles on with Amazon is Pet/food and accessories.

Best of luck Hon
Mel

Dollarama made my day today:)
Sugarless juicy fruit gum has been $5.59 and up at grocery stores.
Dollarama $3.50... score

Raisin bagels also sky high at grocery stores.
Dollarama $1.99 / six pack....score (great expiration date too)

My Sister's Birthday Card .....
Dollarama $1.25 even with a 25 cent increase it's still a bargain

Pot scrubbers at Sobeys $8.99 a package
Dollarama today $1.25 a 10 pack ...score

Cocoa temptation treats $4.99 a pack at Metro ....
$2.25 at Dollarama (lots of flavors). score

And of course I picked up a Disney G.C.
I know only 10 Airmiles but every few airmiles helps.

Hugs Mel

I did Dollarama today too, however doesn't carry bagels. Your bagels from Dollarama quality for airmiles receipts, 3 am, if you are interested and haven't done it yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter