Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just thought I would share my vaccine experience. I'm one that likes to know what to expect.

After my first dose, the following day, my arm was very sore and and slightly swollen. Now, I had forgotten to keep that arm still for as long as possible after the shot which resulted in the soreness. Also, that following day I had a slight headache but I'm a migraine sufferer so it's hard to say if it was from the shot or not. I was also very tired yet had no desire to take a nap. Day two after the shot my arm felt nearly back to normal. So it was basically no big deal. Most of my coworkers agreed that it was no different than getting the flu shot.

After my second dose it was completely different. Keep in mind that 50% of people experience some of the known side effects, in particular after the second dose. I had nearly all the side effects. Full blown migraine, muscle aches, joint aches, fatigue. My arm was swollen the size of a baseball, it was red, hot, itchy and painful to the touch. This time I had kept my arm still after the shot so it was not sore to move around. The aches and pains lasted mainly for just one day but the swelling etc. in my arm lasted 5-6 days. I also had a weird radiating muscle ache that lasted for approx 10 days. I spoke with many people at work about it and most of them had the arm pain/swelling. It was kind of funny because we were all walking around pulling up our sleeves saying 'look at mine'. Many also had fatigue or headache. I only spoke with 2 people that had no reaction at all.

I certainly don't want to scare anyone off. Both my daughters are ridiculously needle phobic (no good reason for it) and even after seeing me go through it they still can't wait to have their turn.

Did you get the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine?

Just thought I would share my vaccine experience. I'm one that likes to know what to expect.

After my first dose, the following day, my arm was very sore and and slightly swollen. Now, I had forgotten to keep that arm still for as long as possible after the shot which resulted in the soreness. Also, that following day I had a slight headache but I'm a migraine sufferer so it's hard to say if it was from the shot or not. I was also very tired yet had no desire to take a nap. Day two after the shot my arm felt nearly back to normal. So it was basically no big deal. Most of my coworkers agreed that it was no different than getting the flu shot.

After my second dose it was completely different. Keep in mind that 50% of people experience some of the known side effects, in particular after the second dose. I had nearly all the side effects. Full blown migraine, muscle aches, joint aches, fatigue. My arm was swollen the size of a baseball, it was red, hot, itchy and painful to the touch. This time I had kept my arm still after the shot so it was not sore to move around. The aches and pains lasted mainly for just one day but the swelling etc. in my arm lasted 5-6 days. I also had a weird radiating muscle ache that lasted for approx 10 days. I spoke with many people at work about it and most of them had the arm pain/swelling. It was kind of funny because we were all walking around pulling up our sleeves saying 'look at mine'. Many also had fatigue or headache. I only spoke with 2 people that had no reaction at all.

I certainly don't want to scare anyone off. Both my daughters are ridiculously needle phobic (no good reason for it) and even after seeing me go through it they still can't wait to have their turn.
1. I'm glad you were finally able to get your shot.
2. Thank you for posting your experience. It will help to normalize what some of us may also experience when it is our turn to get the shot. First hand experiences unfiltered by the media are valuable.

Wofe had the Pfizer..only a sore arm at injection site...only 1st shot so far
So I figured that this is a new acronym
* Wofe * and looked it up via Google,,still confused,,,lol

A wholly foreign-owned enterprise (WFOE, sometimes incorrectly WOFE) is a common investment vehicle for mainland China-based business wherein foreign parties (individuals or corporate entities) can incorporate a foreign-owned limited liability company.
Or
Top definition. wofe. A hilarious variation of 'wife', merely born out of a typo in an extreme online debate riddled with chaos. Now used regularly ...

Hugs
Mel

Mix Match Miles

¹ LIMITED-TIME OFFER: Between 00:00:01 a.m. ET on March 8 and 23:59:59 p.m. on March 28, 2021, Collectors must make: (i) purchases at 2 different participating online stores that cumulatively total $100 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes, to qualify for 75 Bonus Miles; or (ii) purchases at 3 different participating online stores that cumulatively total $300 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes, for 375 Bonus Miles; or (iii) purchases at 5 different participating online stores that cumulatively total 500 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes, for 750 Bonus Miles. No minimum purchase required at any participating online store, but the minimum offer spend threshold must be made cumulatively across 2 or 3 or 5 participating stores, respectively, to qualify. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Miles and qualify for this offer. Offer can be combined with other Bonus Miles offers.

https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/sea...ops&itm_medium=navslot&itm_content=learnmore&

Mix Match Miles
View attachment 561218

¹ LIMITED-TIME OFFER: Between 00:00:01 a.m. ET on March 8 and 23:59:59 p.m. on March 28, 2021, Collectors must make: (i) purchases at 2 different participating online stores that cumulatively total $100 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes, to qualify for 75 Bonus Miles; or (ii) purchases at 3 different participating online stores that cumulatively total $300 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes, for 375 Bonus Miles; or (iii) purchases at 5 different participating online stores that cumulatively total 500 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes, for 750 Bonus Miles. No minimum purchase required at any participating online store, but the minimum offer spend threshold must be made cumulatively across 2 or 3 or 5 participating stores, respectively, to qualify. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Miles and qualify for this offer. Offer can be combined with other Bonus Miles offers.

https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/sea...ops&itm_medium=navslot&itm_content=learnmore&

Somehow, I just see this as a big "what will I have to chase down?" in the end... but we'll see I guess :) Good luck to everyone who goes for this! It is nice to not have to go to a store to make use of it.

I bought a treadmill last night on TSC through Rakuten and already for my 3% back on the purchase.

Mix Match Miles

Phooey I just made a purchase yesterday over $100 at Staples. If I had only known I would have waited but then I would have had to spend money at another store for only 75 miles.

I just bought two Spring Hoodies at Old Navy for $68.00 with Tax this morning.
Their Hoodies do seem to wear well.
I was going to buy them a week ago but waited because I thought we might have a Mega Miles Promo.
So I guess I might find one more Airmiles shop (I am thinking Bed/Bath/Beyond) but if not ,,,, oh well.
Right now I am still in a save ---- save ----save---- mode.

Hugs Mel

I just bought two Spring Hoodies at Old Navy for $68.00 with Tax this morning.
Their Hoodies do seem to wear well.
I was going to buy them a week ago but waited because I thought we might have a Mega Miles Promo.
So I guess I might find one more Airmiles shop (I am thinking Bed/Bath/Beyond) but if not ,,,, oh well.
Right now I am still in a save ---- save ----save---- mode.

I think I can do a couple . DD birthday is end of month I can get her Birkenstock’s at the bay, she wanted a gift card to AE ( I’ll make her actually shop online ha ) and I was looking at a bbq at Walmart. That’s three . The boys need some new books to finish their homeschool year and I can write them off .. so that leaves one and sadly I’m starting to squirrel away stuff for big kid heading to school be in sept or Jan so $100 at bed bath is doable .

TammyLynn33

Edited to say
I plugged in *Hudson* Bay and found it so you are good to go.

Double check that the Bay is a online sponsor.
I am not sure and I couldn't find them.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I managed to do the 75 miles one today. I realized that I should have bought an extra yellow ink to keep in my bottom drawer so I placed another order at Staples for more ink and I placed an order at Bed Bath and Beyond for outside mats. I found a Nascar one so I ordered 1 for me and 1 for my sister plus some other stuff as I had a spend $80 save $20 and get 20% off 1 item so hopefully they both show up on my airmiles account and I don't have to fight for it.

Wilton cookie pans, Navage salt pods and Keurig Coffee Pods at Bed Bath Beyond ordered and curbside pick up done this afternoon.
Old Navy ordered today and posted today
Details
  • March 8, 2021
    1615248963346.png
    OLD NAVY CANADA
    +3

So two online shops done and 75 Airmiles for me.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
OK< I am going to do some shopping and max those miles!
My weekly MasterCard offer actually plays into this for a change, have till Wednesday to spend $100 at one store. Probably need to think this thru carefully, normally i would say Amazon but dang those new categories are confusing!

Even so I'm going to hit up Shell and buy a gift card, that will give me another 20 miles -I'll put the list of cards in a separate post to make it easier to find later! Plus it will be my 3rd Samsung Pay swipe for another 50 miles
Otherwise I keep a running list at all of my favourite stores and currently I should be able to do at least the 2 store offer for 75 miles. Maybe more, we'll see!

SO assuming i can get at least something from Amazon within the stated categories (some sewing things fall under kitchen oddly!) that's 1 shop and 20 for the gift card plus 50 for Samsung Pay. Hubby needs another puzzle and that can come from Staples or Indigo. I should be able to get at least 2 transactions for a total of 245 miles plus whatever i get from the store itself! Time to make my lists final and find my credit card!!

Here's the list of gift cards at Shell right now that give miles
Gift Card Offer Offer valid March 1 through to May 2, 2021 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB, BC, and NT only (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 20 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles on your purchase of any of the following Gift Cards: Nintendo $50, Sony $50, Sony Now $79.99, Sobeys $100, Amazon $100, Netflix $60, Golf Town $50, Home Depot $100. Maximum 20 Miles per transaction. Offer may be combined with other Bonus offers. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped/Collector Number entered at time of transaction

Go to THIS PAGE to see all of the current instore offers at Shell

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter