Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Oh, please let me know how you do with the blanket. I have been thinking of getting one but as you say, they are not cheap. Didn't realize AM's had them. I haven't check the products in a while.

My weighted throw arrived today packaged beautifully.(4 days from order to receipt), The throw is beautifully wrapped inside a Hush box. Although it is only 8lb (most blankets are 15 - 20 lbs), it is very heavy...should be interesting to see if it works tonight. I will provide a review in about a week.

Yes...date specific. I’ve tried to find the flex option but couldn’t. I don’t know if it’s no longer available or if Redtag just doesn’t offer it.
OK thanks. I know that it states no refunds, but if the tickets are not used, or say a week or so before they are to be used you call, can you change the dates and pay any potential difference in price?

So I know I have not been on this thread too often lately. Mostly because of my reduction on where and how I collect.
Took the step today to really cash out my wifes AM with a few products we could use around the house. Not that we needed them, but hey. Now she is down to about 40am.
I did the same with mine, now down to about 2000am.
I know partners come and go, but they seem to be one sided lately with not much return.
My pcpoints have been adding up at a much higher rate, and with full flexibility on what I want to use them on.
AM was great for us when we could cash them out on great park ticket deals, car rentals and some flights. Also had some great tickets with Onyx level for dinners and concerts.
So hoping they rebound, but pulling most out so not left holding too much to be pissed at losing.
Will still check in on the great people on this thread, and see you on the others as well.
Take care and stay safe\

I have also wondered about the AM program. I think it is like any other business, that has peaks and valleys with their business. Although the return of miles is definitely not like it was even 2 years ago!!!

As I have stated for a few years now, I will collect where I can. I am very limited on what we can collect. I don't regularly shop at Safeway/Sobey's, but if there is an AM promo on something we use, I will try to pick it up. We do get many AM at shell with all the driving we do. With all the travelling we want to do - once all this stupidity of travel restrictions is lifted - we will be travelling again, and I will be putting those miles to good use. I can think of numerous ways to use them!!!!! Fully paid trip for both of us to celebrate our 50th birthdays on a hot tropical beach with beverages in my hands sitting under a palm tree on the sand watching the waves roll onto the beach, tickets into Disney or Universal, hotel stays in Florida!!!!!! I will maximize the amount of AM I get with the other programs we use to get the best bang for our buck!!!!!!

OK thanks. I know that it states no refunds, but if the tickets are not used, or say a week or so before they are to be used you call, can you change the dates and pay any potential difference in price?
The value of the tickets don’t expire. So yes you can pay any additional amount to change the date. Disney will never refuse to take more of your money....they are really flexible like that. :rotfl2:

i need to call on this but I’m swamped at work . Can you pls let me know if you find out ? Thanks

I just realized I didn't post about my Customer Appreciation Day shop at Safeway last Tuesday!
I spent $150.60, and earned 635 air miles, which included 20 boxes of granola bars for the food bank! I picked up 10 pkgs of bacon and 5 pkgs of the Johnsonville Farms sausages for the freezer until camping season, as well as gum for 25am, and a couple of other smaller targeted offers.

The value of the tickets don’t expire. So yes you can pay any additional amount to change the date. Disney will never refuse to take more of your money....they are really flexible like that. :rotfl2:
i need to call on this but I’m swamped at work . Can you pls let me know if you find out ? Thanks
I don't have the mental energy to scroll back to find WHICH park the tickets are for but i can answer if they are Disney tickets because i have experience from this year.

So long as a ticket is still valid --if the FIRST date of use hasn't passed yet you can change it right in the app. For example I had a ticket that was to start early May (final piece of the stupid tale of woe connect to my travel vouchers involved a $500 credit that I made Transat travel use to buy a ticket!) and i just changed it to September 26th 2020 which was the last day showing in the calendar as the same price. I could have picked a date that cost more and would have been able to pay the difference right there. You can also use the app to change your ticket once you start using it (or at least you could in Jan 2020!) to add days, park hopper or even upgrade to an AP if you want.

NOW, my ticket is still valid for use up until September 26th, 2021 after which the money will still be in my account, not sure how it will be handled after that day though. Our original plan was to only be going to after hours events anyway and applying the value towards THAT.

I have to share this extremely off topic information with my airmiles friends!! I stumbled across this around 3 this morning. Our health unit is about 2 weeks ahead of the rest of the province since we already have an operational online booking portal and several mass Immunization centres working. I'm in an at risk category and that means I'll soon get to book my vaccine appointment and then head for my treatments!!!!
Screenshot_20210306-110928_Google.jpg

I have to share this extremely off topic information with my airmiles friends!! I stumbled across this around 3 this morning. Our health unit is about 2 weeks ahead of the rest of the province since we already have an operational online booking portal and several mass Immunization centres working. I'm in an at risk category and that means I'll soon get to book my vaccine appointment and then head for my treatments!!!!
View attachment 560844

So happy for you Jacqueline.
The vaccination schedules are certainly increasing .
Hugs to you
Mel

Last edited:
View attachment 560844
Just thought I would share my vaccine experience. I'm one that likes to know what to expect.

After my first dose, the following day, my arm was very sore and and slightly swollen. Now, I had forgotten to keep that arm still for as long as possible after the shot which resulted in the soreness. Also, that following day I had a slight headache but I'm a migraine sufferer so it's hard to say if it was from the shot or not. I was also very tired yet had no desire to take a nap. Day two after the shot my arm felt nearly back to normal. So it was basically no big deal. Most of my coworkers agreed that it was no different than getting the flu shot.

After my second dose it was completely different. Keep in mind that 50% of people experience some of the known side effects, in particular after the second dose. I had nearly all the side effects. Full blown migraine, muscle aches, joint aches, fatigue. My arm was swollen the size of a baseball, it was red, hot, itchy and painful to the touch. This time I had kept my arm still after the shot so it was not sore to move around. The aches and pains lasted mainly for just one day but the swelling etc. in my arm lasted 5-6 days. I also had a weird radiating muscle ache that lasted for approx 10 days. I spoke with many people at work about it and most of them had the arm pain/swelling. It was kind of funny because we were all walking around pulling up our sleeves saying 'look at mine'. Many also had fatigue or headache. I only spoke with 2 people that had no reaction at all.

I certainly don't want to scare anyone off. Both my daughters are ridiculously needle phobic (no good reason for it) and even after seeing me go through it they still can't wait to have their turn.

Just thought I would share my vaccine experience. I'm one that likes to know what to expect.

After my first dose, the following day, my arm was very sore and and slightly swollen. Now, I had forgotten to keep that arm still for as long as possible after the shot which resulted in the soreness. Also, that following day I had a slight headache but I'm a migraine sufferer so it's hard to say if it was from the shot or not. I was also very tired yet had no desire to take a nap. Day two after the shot my arm felt nearly back to normal. So it was basically no big deal. Most of my coworkers agreed that it was no different than getting the flu shot.

After my second dose it was completely different. Keep in mind that 50% of people experience some of the known side effects, in particular after the second dose. I had nearly all the side effects. Full blown migraine, muscle aches, joint aches, fatigue. My arm was swollen the size of a baseball, it was red, hot, itchy and painful to the touch. This time I had kept my arm still after the shot so it was not sore to move around. The aches and pains lasted mainly for just one day but the swelling etc. in my arm lasted 5-6 days. I also had a weird radiating muscle ache that lasted for approx 10 days. I spoke with many people at work about it and most of them had the arm pain/swelling. It was kind of funny because we were all walking around pulling up our sleeves saying 'look at mine'. Many also had fatigue or headache. I only spoke with 2 people that had no reaction at all.

I certainly don't want to scare anyone off. Both my daughters are ridiculously needle phobic (no good reason for it) and even after seeing me go through it they still can't wait to have their turn.
I'm not loving the fact that you had such a nasty reaction to your 2nd shot but rather to the fact that you shared your experiences. I'm prepared for whatever comes my way because it is my ticket towards the freedom from the crushing depression.

I'm not loving the fact that you had such a nasty reaction to your 2nd shot but rather to the fact that you shared your experiences. I'm prepared for whatever comes my way because it is my ticket towards the freedom from the crushing depression.
I don’t really consider it a nasty reaction when you have a 50% chance. Also, when speaking with coworkers that nearly all of them also reacted. Going forward I will still be getting a booster if required and will encourage everyone to get vaccinated. For me...if I had known to expect this sort of thing I would not have been bothered one bit. I expected my second to be the same as the first which was why I posted....maybe I shouldn’t have. If I’ve upset anyone I’m sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter