Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Continuing on the Disney ticket thought,I see the real winners here and those going at Christmas or Peak or those looking to upgrade assuming Disney gives the full value of the flex ticket.

For example, you can exchange a 7day airmiles flex ticket (6400 airmiles valued at $627.29) to a midseason 7day park hopper plus option ($621.94) at the gate... according to all the calls I made to Disney in February lol.
Or in DVC case, an annual pass is $648 which would cost $26 to upgrade.

I did notice that airmiles lists the ticket expiry date as December 2019 and Disney website they expire December 2020 so not sure if typo, February pricing or some type of special discounted ticket.

Increase happened right after GE opening dates were announced... I think "free" tickets are a good deal, even if they have gone up in price. However I'm probably not going after this summer's trip for a few years so we'll see what happens with ticket prices! I also like to get park hoppers and obviously have to pay for that now. Oh, and kiddo turns 10 in December so I need adult tickets :(

Yes who knows what they will be doing next year. Personally I think the "locked in pricing" is very complicated.

Multiply that by 7 adults (for my next trip to Disney in 2022) that's a huge # of AM. I'm hoping to save enough for flights and tickets. Decided to bite the bullet and do the math. I'm looking at 73,000AM. 28,000 I'll need for flights (to book) in 2021 and the balance in 2022. Better get shopping :car:

So for the last two months I have had an offer from Shell, make 4 instore purchases of $5, get 50 AM's. For the second month in a row only three of the four purchases have counted due to a Shell machine having issues. The note on the bill says Airmiles details not available. Miles for this transaction will be deposited to your collector account. It never happens.
I had a chat with AM's last month and explained what happened. Spoke with Sarah and she was good enough to credit me the miles right then. Tonight I had the good fortune of getting Sarah again and she was good enough to credit me once more. I love it when it is easy to solve. I did ask her if Shell was having issues and she confirmed that they were.
I have this offer again for April. I really hope I don't have to do a live chat again but if that happens I so hope I get Sarah again.

ETA- I also received an offer on my secondary account, 3 fill ups of 25 liters get 100 AM's. I'll be doing that one as well.

So for the last two months I have had an offer from Shell, make 4 instore purchases of $5, get 50 AM's. For the second month in a row only three of the four purchases have counted due to a Shell machine having issues. The note on the bill says Airmiles details not available. Miles for this transaction will be deposited to your collector account. It never happens.
I had a chat with AM's last month and explained what happened. Spoke with Sarah and she was good enough to credit me the miles right then. Tonight I had the good fortune of getting Sarah again and she was good enough to credit me once more. I love it when it is easy to solve. I did ask her if Shell was having issues and she confirmed that they were.
I have this offer again for April. I really hope I don't have to do a live chat again but if that happens I so hope I get Sarah again.

ETA- I also received an offer on my secondary account, 3 fill ups of 25 liters get 100 AM's. I'll be doing that one as well.

I have the fill-up one as well. Great offer I think, one of my favourites, 25L fillup, earn 33 personal offer + 10 text shell offer + 5 MegaMiles + 1 base = 49 airmiles.

I have the fill-up one as well. Great offer I think, one of my favourites, 25L fillup, earn 33 personal offer + 10 text shell offer + 5 MegaMiles + 1 base = 49 airmiles.

I have all the same offers, never thought to add it up that way. Looks like an even better score than I was counting on.

Too bad I gave up my Facebook account a while ago. Maybe I should reinstate it. Um, no.

Never been not going to start now

I've had an account for about 10 years now, started as a way to connect with our youngest thru some annoying games. I rarely post anything of my own other than birthday greetings to a very select group of people and pictures from big events like family trips & weddings. I belong to a couple of groups that i lurk in (the resort we're going to next January, Instant Pot recipes & other equally exciting things :P ) I NEVER do these stupid "comment on our post and you might win" things -- not on a public post thanks very much! Oh and the current one mentioned above? It was posted 2 hours ago, there are a total of 24 prizes and so far a combined total of postings (it's in both french & english) 54,000 "entries" NOW, there is this cute little hidden fine print that might be difficult for them to police but come on, really?!?!? (the bolding is their's btw )
There is a limit of one Eligible Entry per Facebook Comment and Collector Number during the entire Contest Period. If the Collector exceeds the limit of one entry per Facebook Comment and Collector Number during the Contest Period as determined by the Contest Sponsor, their entry will be void.

I NEVER do these stupid "comment on our post and you might win" things -- not on a public post thanks very much!
I did recently on a facebook site and I won a Turkey Cookbook from Chef Emily Richards from Ontario Turkey. I was so excited and yup I received my cookbook via the mail. I do have what I call my throwaway facebook account that I post nothing personal on.
There is a limit of one Eligible Entry per Facebook Comment and Collector Number during the entire Contest Period. If the Collector exceeds the limit of one entry per Facebook Comment and Collector Number during the Contest Period as determined by the Contest Sponsor, their entry will be void.
How they heck are they going to check that out because you don't put your collector number in when you comment.

I've had an account for about 10 years now, started as a way to connect with our youngest thru some annoying games. I rarely post anything of my own other than birthday greetings to a very select group of people and pictures from big events like family trips & weddings. I belong to a couple of groups that i lurk in (the resort we're going to next January, Instant Pot recipes & other equally exciting things :P ) I NEVER do these stupid "comment on our post and you might win" things -- not on a public post thanks very much! Oh and the current one mentioned above? It was posted 2 hours ago, there are a total of 24 prizes and so far a combined total of postings (it's in both french & english) 54,000 "entries" NOW, there is this cute little hidden fine print that might be difficult for them to police but come on, really?!?!? (the bolding is their's btw )

I think I read the fine print that the Facebook account must also be Public in order to enter this contest. Nope sorry, my FB account is private and only my friends can see what I post thank you very much!

This is why I don't have Facebook. I can't figure out all the public, private .... things. I mean I could if I really wanted to but it just seems like a lot of work. It took me forever to learn how to do things here (I feel like I'm just getting comfortable with it now and I've been here for years)

Interesting conversation. I use Facebook to keep in touch with my girls-one in PEI, one in NL and one in Cairo Egypt. While I don't often post on a public site, I do-especially at the moment with all that is going on in Ontario politics. I don't post publicly on other jurisdictions, despite some strong feelings, though. I did post on the Airmiles post. :cool2:

If anyone has success using the printed Rexall survey coupon, could you please post??? Only time it worked for me last week was paying full price for an over the counter drug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter