Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Blue Friday question. Sorry for the dumb question but I am still relatively new at actual hunting. If a blue Friday offer says 25 airmiles when you buy two, do you get 50 airmiles when you buy 4? Does this ring up automatically or do you (can you) do separate transactions?

Yes. If you purchase multiples of an offer you will get multiple bonus AM. You should be able to do it in one transaction (I have). The only time this might not work is if the individual store has limited the quantities they will allow each customer to have. (I haven't seen this with a Quebec Blue Friday but it has happened in Ontario)

Just a reminder to check your receipt before you leave the store to make sure you got all your AM. Its easier to have them correct it right then and there if needed.

I have to say...I was glad to see that there was not a blue Friday out west. I'm hoping to empty out my pantry/freezer a little more again this week. But I did spot a good deal on lay's chips...buy 4 bags get 40 AM. I might snag 4 of those...in flavours I don't like...that way I won't be tempted to eat them all :o

Perfect timing for me since I will be in Niagara Falls next Friday!

Blue Friday question. Sorry for the dumb question but I am still relatively new at actual hunting. If a blue Friday offer says 25 airmiles when you buy two, do you get 50 airmiles when you buy 4? Does this ring up automatically or do you (can you) do separate transactions?

Some IGA are really bad at identifying the products included (Dorval is especially awful for that) so check the fine prints and sizes in the flyer.

Time for the Wednesday flyer updates! I'll point out a few things that caught my eye

Sobey's ON Flyer

Urban Fresh Flyer
Sobey's Western Flyer
Sobey's Atlantic
Foodland ON Flyer
Foodland Atlantic Flyer

ALL of the Sobey's chain flyers have the following offers (slight difference in some of the prices but miles are the same EXCLUDING Urban Fresh
  • buy 5 general mills products ranging from $2.99 - $5.99 get 50 AM
  • Buy $15 worth of some other GM products and get 30 AM
  • Lays chips 2/$6 buy 4 get 40 AM

Metro ON Flyer

For our newbies (and those of us who tend to be a bit forgetful at times :rolleyes1) Don't forget to load your targeted offers before you go shopping. If you're not sure how to do this the links are in the first post.

So funny story. I went to Rexall today to cash in points for mega miles and I used the spend $25 save $5 survey coupon and the cashier asks me if I did the survey. Oh yes I said and she was surprised that it worked because she said somebody had been in earlier and tried to use the survey coupon scanning it from their phone and it didn't work but my worked fine because I had a printed coupon. I was thinking if you only knew that I didn't really do the survey but my nice friends gave me the survey code so thanks nice friends.

So funny story. I went to Rexall today to cash in points for mega miles and I used the spend $25 save $5 survey coupon and the cashier asks me if I did the survey. Oh yes I said and she was surprised that it worked because she said somebody had been in earlier and tried to use the survey coupon scanning it from their phone and it didn't work but my worked fine because I had a printed coupon. I was thinking if you only knew that I didn't really do the survey but my nice friends gave me the survey code so thanks nice friends.
And to make that story even funnier? The darned link is EXACTLY THE SAME FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR!! You do need to refresh it once the new date appears but if you pay attention the link will always be the same :P I did see a bunch of reports floating around that the coupon hasn't worked for some people and I think it has more to do with the order that they get scanned and it seems to be different from store to store!

Here's what it looks like before i make it all purdy like. Last year it was the same but ended in 2018.

https://www.rexall.ca/assets/downloads/RexallSurvey2019.pdf

I shopped Rexall this afternoon with a printed survey coupon and it wouldn't work, she couldn't get it to scan. She then tried entering it manually and the computer accepted it at first then rejected as a duplicate promo (I don't have the exact wording but it didn't make sense as I was only doing the 190 airmiles cash in and the system hadn't got to the payment part yet). She ended up entering it as a manufacturing coupon after trying about 10 times.

I shopped Rexall this afternoon with a printed survey coupon and it wouldn't work, she couldn't get it to scan. She then tried entering it manually and the computer accepted it at first then rejected as a duplicate promo (I don't have the exact wording but it didn't make sense as I was only doing the 190 airmiles cash in and the system hadn't got to the payment part yet). She ended up entering it as a manufacturing coupon after trying about 10 times.

Just a Rexall heads up.

Continuation of the Rexall $5 survey coupon problem, I did two more transactions today at a different store. The first one I was buying OTC medication kept behind the pharmacy but paid at the front cash and the $5 survey coupon scanned and was excepted just fine. The second transaction, same cashier one minute later different airmiles account, the survey coupon scanned but wasn't accepted. In the end cashier reluctantly entered it manually. In both cases of the two transactions that didn't work, I was only purchasing grocery items, the one that worked was just OTC medication. I thought at first the LGO must be interfering with the survey coupon but that does not seem to be the case. Two transactions received LGO offers and the other one that didn't meet the spending limit wasn't the one that worked.

Just a Rexall heads up.

Continuation of the Rexall $5 survey coupon problem, I did two more transactions today at a different store. The first one I was buying OTC medication kept behind the pharmacy but paid at the front cash and the $5 survey coupon scanned and was excepted just fine. The second transaction, same cashier one minute later different airmiles account, the survey coupon scanned but wasn't accepted. In the end cashier reluctantly entered it manually. In both cases of the two transactions that didn't work, I was only purchasing grocery items, the one that worked was just OTC medication. I thought at first the LGO must be interfering with the survey coupon but that does not seem to be the case. Two transactions received LGO offers and the other one that didn't meet the spending limit wasn't the one that worked.

I wonder if it's the fact that you did 2 transactions in one day? Now i have NO idea how the POS would know that it's the same person or not but I've only been able to use it once a day in the same store :confused3
upload_2019-3-28_16-34-25.png

I wonder if it's the fact that you did 2 transactions in one day? Now i have NO idea how the POS would know that it's the same person or not but I've only been able to use it once a day in the same store :confused3
View attachment 391301

I don't think this is likely, yesterday I only did one and it didn't work. Today I did two, daughter's card was the second one so same address but I doubt the system would check addresses, different airmiles number, name, birthdate etc.
I suppose anything is possible though!

Regarding LCBO, on March 21st I purchased the PJ's original cream (panama) AND a Girls' night out chocolate raspberry truffle wine. The total came to $31.80 which includes a .40 cent deposit.

I could have sworn the base miles are awarded at 1 per $30. I received the 18 bonus air miles for the Mega Miles the next day but I have not received the 1 base mile. Am I wrong about the amount?

Now I know why my Shell Meal Deal didn’t work. The cashier typed in $0.99 for both the Pringle’s and the water. It’s not $1.99 so it didn’t trigger the bonus AM! Oh well, at least I need spend $10 to use the Mega Miles coupon so just another lesson learned.

Now I know why my Shell Meal Deal didn’t work. The cashier typed in $0.99 for both the Pringle’s and the water. It’s not $1.99 so it didn’t trigger the bonus AM! Oh well, at least I need spend $10 to use the Mega Miles coupon so just another lesson learned.

If you don't mind handing over the other $1, you could take the receipt back and show it to the Manager. The Manager could reund your purchase then ring it up again with the correct amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter