• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Bababear,
I don't know how to pm on this forum.
We went to Cuba one year for Christmas.
I went to Dollarama and bought some of those chair slips, you know the ones you slip over the back of your chair shaped like Santa or a Snowman head and I used them to put on the backs of the loungers on the beach and also used them at night on our chairs sitting around the bar, it was really fun and we could immediately identify our chairs from the ocean or the boardwalk.
I also took a tiny xmas tree in my suitcase the kind that folds up and put it on the dresser in our room and I bought some of those window stickers that say Merry Xmas.
What resort are you going too?

Hi Hon
I love your ideas and thank-you for sharing them with me.
looks like I am adding a few things on to my dollar store shop list.
Merry Christmas to you
Hugs Mel

So.... Canadian Dis meet up somewhere warm next Christmas??? I'm in! lol As luck would have it, my oven died two days ago. So instead of frantically looking for another one, I have a great excuse why I can't do all the cooking again like usually do!

Unfortunately I can't plan a trip anywhere until after June 2018 as I could be out of my current job then. Until then, I'm also looking at the sites, wondering how I can use both aeroplan and airmiles to make a super cheap trip somewhere! It's our 20th and hubby's 50th next year, so would be nice to do something.

As for Blue Friday this week - wth?!?!? I don't have any room or extra money to stock up! lol. Couldn't they have waited? Sigh. I guess I'll have to see what I can get.
Only 22 more transactions on my Mastercard by the 27th and I'll get the 240 bonus AM! Whoop Whoop (I hope you're all getting my sarcasm....lol. After the AE offers the MC ones are pretty pathetic.)

So.... Canadian Dis meet up somewhere warm next Christmas??? I'm in! lol As luck would have it, my oven died two days ago. So instead of frantically looking for another one, I have a great excuse why I can't do all the cooking again like usually do!

Unfortunately I can't plan a trip anywhere until after June 2018 as I could be out of my current job then. Until then, I'm also looking at the sites, wondering how I can use both aeroplan and airmiles to make a super cheap trip somewhere! It's our 20th and hubby's 50th next year, so would be nice to do something.

As for Blue Friday this week - wth?!?!? I don't have any room or extra money to stock up! lol. Couldn't they have waited? Sigh. I guess I'll have to see what I can get.
Only 22 more transactions on my Mastercard by the 27th and I'll get the 240 bonus AM! Whoop Whoop (I hope you're all getting my sarcasm....lol. After the AE offers the MC ones are pretty pathetic.)

I'm up for a Canadian Christmas DIS meet next Christmas as long as it's not in Canada.
I am so sorry your oven decided to die. My kitchen sink did the same thing--$540.00 later it doesn't leak anymore and I have new taps,,,but I now have a VISA bill that needs to be taken care of in the new year. Here's hoping for better days ahead for you.
Big Christmas Hugs to you!
Mel

Well we are back from our awesome (not disney) cruise, and kiddo is sick! Ugh. I managed to get to work for half a day yesterday. I won't be back until Jan 8th, and it's crazy busy. Nothing I can do I guess! I had planned to go to Rexall today or tomorrow and pick up the last few stocking stuffers, but I can't take him with me to do that. So, I placed a Walmart online order and will go pick it up tomorrow. At least I won't have to get out of the car.

I really need to get some more Airmiles, we have another cruise in April, and wanted to do a few Disney days around it. I need to book flights still, I just can't decide which days to go down and come back. I think I'd like to do another Disney trip next November (get to see the Christmas decorations, perhaps go to a party?) so I also need to save up Airmiles for that, perhaps I can get a ticket or two before then. Or flights, or who knows! I kind of spent some airmiles getting cineplex tickets since we are going to a couple movies over the holidays, I got two of the one person tickets, so it's admission plus a popcorn and drink for me, he has a gift card he got for his birthday.

I just got off the live chat with TripCentral.ca about using the gift certificates for a cruise.

Apparently, you need to have all of your certificates at once, you can't keep adding to your balance as you get them. You also need to pay in full, send in your certificates and then accounting issues you a cheque refund.

I know a few of you are doing this now for all-inclusive resorts. Just curious who you are booking with and what their policy is on this?

I just got off the live chat with TripCentral.ca about using the gift certificates for a cruise.

Apparently, you need to have all of your certificates at once, you can't keep adding to your balance as you get them. You also need to pay in full, send in your certificates and then accounting issues you a cheque refund.

I know a few of you are doing this now for all-inclusive resorts. Just curious who you are booking with and what their policy is on this?
I am really unfamiliar with this process. I’ve only read about it here a little bit. But I was looking at booking through MarlinTravel (they are the travel company in the Walmart Super Centres around here). I don’t know how they accept the certificates though and I better find that out. I know with a cruise it definitely pays to book as early as you can, so having to have them all up front would kind of stink.

And, let's not forget that with most cruise lines, up until final payment, you can cancel and rebook at a lower price without penalty...

Edit to add: I shouldn't say "most" as we only cruise NCL right now. I know that is their process.

Airmiles travel certificates
Any info on these is appreciated,,,my plan is/was to collect enough that I have almost all but taxes and fees and physically go into a Marlin travel agency and book an all inclusive resort.(next year).
I've heard that in Jan 2018 the ability to online book will be avaliable??
Please post info if anyone uses these certificates with your experience.
Thanks and Hugs Mel

The last few flyers are live now
Sobeys West
As mentioned earlier it's Blue Friday but there are a few other things of note:

• SPend $30 on Seasonal Candy get 100 AM
  • Natrel Milk $7.49/4 L buy 2 get 25 AM
  • Some pretty sweet deals if you drink :drinking1
Rexall West
WOW, I'm either blind or tired, but i see NADA worthwhile :magnify:

Rexall Ontario
See above :P

I am really unfamiliar with this process. I’ve only read about it here a little bit. But I was looking at booking through MarlinTravel (they are the travel company in the Walmart Super Centres around here). I don’t know how they accept the certificates though and I better find that out. I know with a cruise it definitely pays to book as early as you can, so having to have them all up front would kind of stink.

WOW, it's time for me to step away from the puter for awhile... i read this as "it would SINK"

giphy.gif

A bonus 150 AM from AMshops just posted but it doesn’t mention if its for StB and I’m still waiting for my AM from online purchases at Canon and Indigo (only my Amazon AM posted).

I know this is Waaaay off topic but figured you would all know how happy it made me to find a package wedged in my front door from a really good DIS-er friend. My one & only souvenir last January was a hand santizier that i kept hanging from my purse and when Mickey fell off one day during my daily treks i was very sad. She just got back from spending Thanksgiving with the Duck, uhm right the Mouse, and sent me THIS
along with a birthday card ... now i know why she had a picture taken with Donald on my actual birthday!
IMG_3572.JPG IMG_3575.JPG IMG_3576.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter