• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Last edited:
Not something I can use, but there is a 1 mile Onyx reward posted right now for Compagnie Créole in Quebec City. March 4. Hopefully convenient for somebody!

Not that I can use it either, but if someone wants me to pick up for them and send to them. Glad to help.

I just came on to post the reward info and make the same offer but was beaten to it. :) If anyone needs an extra, let me know.

In my experience, flights usually show up on Airmiles about 10 months prior to the flight. If I can, I try to book at that time to ensure I get the flight I want.

Yes you're correct they do, and they had all the flights I wanted for about a week at that time. I got 5 flights to Florida then. Didn't have enough AM to get all 5 flights home at that time (extra trip south this past year ate into my AM savings). Since then I have been watching the flights like a hawk trying to find my direct flight home at a certain # of airmiles. That combination just became available again Friday evening and I pounced.

What I was trying to explain is Airmiles follows a pattern to their releasing of flights and discounting them. If you know what flights you want and watch a year or so before you want to book them, then you will be know that the prices will come down on X-date and can wait for the less expensive or more direct option.

19,422*
New yearly record for me --Now if they would just post the Sobeys and Foodland airmiles I would be over 20,000.
No postings from either since Nov11.17
Starting to wonder whats up?
Hugs Mel

I'm in the same boat nothing since Nov 11. I think they must just have missed the cycle for last week here in Ontario (lets go with computer glitch). Ilovetotravel had points post in Nova Scotia. I wouldn't worry unless they don't show up this week. Congrats on the new yearly record.

Here's this week's Rexall coupon... let me know if it works. Spend $50 get 110 AM oooh just noticed tomorrow is super-dee- dooper senior day and I'll be able to take advantage of that finally! So my $50 spend will net me a ton of AM ANDa $10 gift card SWEET

http://images.rexall.ca/newsletter/2017/Nov27/RexallPharmaPlus_ON_MB_TB.html

Seriously? I can stack all these? Can I do it twice?

I need to spend about $100 at Rexall and can break it up into 2 $50 purchases. I plan to bring my mother (a senior) with me on Tuesday.

For my first $50 purchase, I think I will get:
- Load & Go: 110 miles
- Email coupon: 110 miles
- Shop the Block: 15 miles
- $10 coupon for Seniors

What about for the 2nd $50 spend? Can I get the same air miles bonuses again or am I better off waiting until next week to spend the 2nd $50?

Also, I would love more advice on using Air Miles for flights - I have not found it worth it yet but am hoping to try again next year. It would be fun to explore Canada a little more (I usually fly in the US because flights within Canada are so expensive). I have the BMO World Elite Air Miles which gives us a Companion flight rebate (essentially a free flight for a companion).

Well, I am late to the party but I made my first two Shop The Block purchases today!

I was going to let it slide and not worry about it but I had to go to Sobeys today and you have all inspired me so much with your reports of AMs stacking up so I printed off a couple of coupons and off I went.

I did the Cadbury chocolate bars for stocking stuffers and then of course the minimum spend.

Now that I have started, I am planning a trip to Rexall-whooooo hooooo, new year bonus here I come!!!!

I need to spend about $100 at Rexall and can break it up into 2 $50 purchases. I plan to bring my mother (a senior) with me on Tuesday.

- $10 coupon for Seniors

What about for the 2nd $50 spend? Can I get the same air miles bonuses again or am I better off waiting until next week to spend the 2nd $50?

Also, I would love more advice on using Air Miles for flights - I have not found it worth it yet but am hoping to try again next year. It would be fun to explore Canada a little more (I usually fly in the US because flights within Canada are so expensive). I have the BMO World Elite Air Miles which gives us a Companion flight rebate (essentially a free flight for a companion).
YUP, split that sucker up! Your second sale will get everything other than the LnG offer. Here's your challenge if you choose to accept it: how many items can you buy that have bonus miles from either the flyer or your LnG???

The StB coupon for Rexall can be used repeatedly, will only count once but the extra 15 miles will credit every time!

YUP, split that sucker up! Your second sale will get everything other than the LnG offer. Here's your challenge if you choose to accept it: how many items can you buy that have bonus miles from either the flyer or your LnG???

The StB coupon for Rexall can be used repeatedly, will only count once but the extra 15 miles will credit every time!

Oh sweet! Sounds like it is best for me to do both $50 shops on Tuesday instead of waiting until next week. I'll get 110 AM less in the 2nd shop, but it will still be worth it for 125 AM + $10 coupon! I'm excited for Tuesday!! Oh, and I also have the survey coupon for $5 off $25 spend that I'll use for both shops :)

As a side note, I shopped at Rexall on Sunday to get the spend $30, get $10 coupon (which I used right away for chocolate that was on clearance for 75% off woot!). Do we not get receipt coupons anymore for weekend shops?

Thanks!

Never thought about how many I collected per year, just as long as I had the 6000. Took a look, had to figure out where to look. Under Oynx status or what ever status you have. Grand total so far is 18,877 and as everyone else, not including the sloth like Sobeys points.
Not too shabby.
Pickle power hands up.

- $10 coupon for Seniors

For the Load n Go offer, you can only use it once.

:sad:

Oh no! I didn’t know you can use the STB coupon again just for the miles! I missed out on double dipping the 15 AM!! :sad:

In the process of doing my 2nd batch of online shopping with my brand-spanking-new AM card and came across something in the Ardene shop that might intrigue someone -- 50% off and free shipping PLUS the airmilesshop 15X bonus and the store bonus of 2X.

Mickey PJ set $17.25

Just as an FYI if you get an email from Rexall requesting you do a survey, it is VERY long. I just finished and was ready to bang my head against the wall waiting for it to be done. I kept thinking, it has to be done soon, but no! It was a good half hour and near the end I was just throwing in answers to get it done.
So, forewarned! It is long and repetitive and annoying. Enjoy, LOL.

With your World Elite M/C you also get 25%off flights booked but be warned that changes to 15% mid January so if you have something in mind book it sooner than later to take advantage of the extra discount. I'm not certain which city you are flying from but don't take the first thing you see. There is a sweet spot where Airmiles discounts flights and when they do your deal is less than an airline sale. (just booked MCO from Ottawa direct for 1260AM plus $67 taxes $ value $200, flight is currently $320 on Air Canada)

As a side note, I shopped at Rexall on Sunday to get the spend $30, get $10 coupon (which I used right away for chocolate that was on clearance for 75% off woot!). Do we not get receipt coupons anymore for weekend shops?

Thanks!

If you're in the Ottawa area there is a coupon Fri-Sun on the bottom of your receipt to be used Mon-Thu the following week, you need to scan your AM card to get it. I don't know if it's offered elsewhere in the province.

With your World Elite M/C you also get 25%off flights booked but be warned that changes to 15% mid January so if you have something in mind book it sooner than later to take advantage of the extra discount.

But, if you are Onyx status, you'll still get the 25% off flights, I believe.

If you're in the Ottawa area there is a coupon Fri-Sun on the bottom of your receipt to be used Mon-Thu the following week, you need to scan your AM card to get it. I don't know if it's offered elsewhere in the province.

Turns out you get the coupon on your receipt if you spend below a certain amount or something. Or maybe if you don't earn a bunch of AM? I was at Rexall on Sunday and spent $30 but didn't get the coupon in my receipt. I was at Rexall today (Tuesday, Nov 28) and spent $3.50 and got a $5 off $25 receipt coupon that is valid Nov 29 - 30.

But, if you are Onyx status, you'll still get the 25% off flights, I believe.

Oh sweet. We just made Onyx so that will help.

- $10 coupon for Seniors

So I went to Rexall today (senior day) and spent a LONG time with the cashier over all my coupons.

I got all this with a $50 spend for a total of 237 air miles:
- $10 coupon for Seniors valid Nov 28 - Dec 7 (a little over a week)
Note: I wasn't allowed to stack my $5 off $25 survey coupon with getting the $10 for spending $50 senior's day coupon. All the other coupons stacked though.

I am going to a different Rexall tonight as this one did not have enough stock of the items I needed. I have another $50 to spend. Crossing my fingers that I won't have any problems using the email coupon for 110 miles tonight (along with Shop the Block and the $10 senior's coupon!)

On that note, I better change my AM earning to 50-50 cash miles and dream miles! I need some extra cash miles for the STB promo since I accidentally redeemed my cash miles too early.

I wonder....can I stack the save $5 when you spend $25 receipt coupon with the $10 gift coupon? BTW, is there a point to the receipt coupon when the survey coupon is easily available? I imagine they can't both be stacked?

Ok, first Rexall hunt done with the primary card and gotta say I kinda like this being old! Initial total was over 65 but dropped to 50.87 after i told the cashier that I'm a senior, i actually had to show her my ID because she didn't believe me :rotfl2:

Walked away with 242 AM by using loadandgo offers, e-mail coupon and the StB coupon AND my 10 gift card. Now gonna hit up a different store to use the new card!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter