Airmiles Armchair Chatter

What’s the process for missing points from shopping on Airmilesshop.ca. What type of proof can you have, so is it a waste of time/effort. We purchased a new phone for my daughter in September going through Airmilesshop.ca and then Apple and got no points, and then same time got a case through Amazon and got 1 point.

We did some Black Friday shopping yesterday through airmilesshop.ca again and my husband said he had a hard time, getting the credit card settled so I am expecting no points but being 15x points that is going to be a fair amount of points, that I don’t want to lose.

I noticed that I am missing miles as well. I got my 15x for the GAP and my base miles, but I didn't get the 5x miles. I would go on the Live Chat. They can see which stores have multipliers.

What’s the process for missing points from shopping on Airmilesshop.ca. What type of proof can you have, so is it a waste of time/effort. We purchased a new phone for my daughter in September going through Airmilesshop.ca and then Apple and got no points, and then same time got a case through Amazon and got 1 point.

We did some Black Friday shopping yesterday through airmilesshop.ca again and my husband said he had a hard time, getting the credit card settled so I am expecting no points but being 15x points that is going to be a fair amount of points, that I don’t want to lose.

I agree. They need to have some confirmation as you order that your airmilesshops miles haave been registered. You have absolutely no recourse. You can't prove that you went through their site.

All these missing miles and waiting for them to post. I dont understand. I went to shoppers today they had a big points sale. Well i was 700 points shy of the 95000 that i needed. Bought 10bucks worth of stuff and got my loaded 2000points for the 10. Points showed up on receipt in my account. Turned around picked up the tablet they had on sale and paid the tax on it. No problem.
So not sure why the users of AM have such a differwnce on when they post. Crazy.

Normally I would be off in dreamland at this hour but tonight I decided to see if my Sobeys points had posted to Airmiles before going to bed. No they haven't. Then I decided to check for my flights home from Florida again on Airmiles. I've been looking for them since August. Well tonight was my lucky night and they were there finally. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my targeted flight available at last! Booked and paid for. Yay:banana:

That is such happy news! So glad you found the flights finally!!!

My word of advice to those looking to use Airmiles for flights in the future is to start watching the website a year or more out from when you want to make your booking (and that should be at least 6 months before you want to fly) because the flights released by Airmiles does seems to follow a pattern (generated by the airlines of course),

There is no logical reason that they should have finally made my flight available at the price they did. There is no sale on Air Canada for that flight at the moment. I just know that I was able to book that same flight (for May) last year at the end of December so I have been stalking the site several times daily for the last few weeks. You lucky people in Toronto don't have to worry about this as much because there are lots of options available to you. Preparation and (obcessive) research is everything:-).

I bought an ipad last December through the airmilesshop.ca and had to get the airmiles added after the waiting period had lapsed. The ipad and cover were bought at the same time but Apple processed them separately. I got the AMs on the cover right away but not on the ipad itself. Then sometime in the summer I got credited with those miles all over again. I didn't say anything about it to airmiles because it was at least six months from the purchase date to when they added those miles. I can't be sure about the dates because they back date the miles to the purchase date, not the date when they added them to my account, sorry.

I'd say as soon as the waiting period is over for the miles and bonus miles has lapsed put in a claim, there's no point in waiting.

My word of advice to those looking to use Airmiles for flights in the future is to start watching the website a year or more out from when you want to make your booking (and that should be at least 6 months before you want to fly) because the flights released by Airmiles does seems to follow a pattern (generated by the airlines of course),

There is no logical reason that they should have finally made my flight available at the price they did. There is no sale on Air Canada for that flight at the moment. I just know that I was able to book that same flight (for May) last year at the end of December so I have been stalking the site several times daily for the last few weeks. You lucky people in Toronto don't have to worry about this as much because there are lots of options available to you. Preparation and (obcessive) research is everything:-).
Good advice. I'm flying in January 2019, so I'll start watching things after Christmas.

Hi all! I've been following along for a while. Thank you everyone. I've picked up some good tips from you folks!

I made my first purchases on AirmilesShops. Shopped at Amazon, Indigo/chapters, Aveda and Clinique. Today some of the miles posted. I am in shock that the site does not list which store each mile was earned at and the numbers don't look right??? For example how does X5 miles become 8 miles earned? 8 isn't even a multiplier of 5??? :confused3

Hi all! I've been following along for a while. Thank you everyone. I've picked up some good tips from you folks!

I made my first purchases on AirmilesShops. Shopped at Amazon, Indigo/chapters, Aveda and Clinique. Today some of the miles posted. I am in shock that the site does not list which store each mile was earned at and the numbers don't look right??? For example how does X5 miles become 8 miles earned? 8 isn't even a multiplier of 5??? :confused3

The base miles will be posted separately. So, for a $40 purchase, you will get 2 base miles and 8 miles as the 5x multiplier. Yesterday Indigo had a 5x multiplier and a 15x multiplier. For every $20, you get 1 base mile, 4 miles for the 5x and 14 miles for the 15x. It's a bit odd, but once you figure it out, it isn't as hard to follow.

ETA - If you look at the transaction on the full site vs the app, you'll probably see the actual store.

I have been a bad, bad Air Miles collector this weekend. I did okay out of Air Miles Shops this weekend at Gap and Indigo, but it could have been so much better. There were some things at Amazon that I wanted to buy (still do want to buy), and they would have added up to a fairly substantial sum, easily upwards of $500, so it would have been a decent Air Miles haul with the 15x multiplier. But I was suffering from shopping fatigue, AND I got the dates mixed up and thought I had another day on the multiplier offer, so I dragged my heels on the order. Went to have another look at it tonight (just after midnight), and realized I missed it. :(

Ah well. Easy come, easy go.

Happy Cyber Monday Shopping
Hugs Mel
35185-17_AMS_CyberMonday_HPB_1140x360_E_CSR1.jpg

Still no Sobeys or Foodland miles in my account! I just got back from our Thanksgiving trip and I need groceries... but I think I'll just shop close to home until they get their act together.

Glad to hear the 15x miles are back for a bit! Time to do a bit more Christmas shopping! :)

Still no Sobeys for me either. I did a little calculating with the miles I currently have and what I know is pending. I'm 303 miles short of my year end goal of 18,000 miles. I'm sure I will easily make it. Even without that 303 it's a record year for me. 15,000 was the original goal but I made that in early September.

Moving on to a little Cyber Monday shopping to hopefully complete my Christmas shopping. :surfweb:

Still no Sobeys for me either. I did a little calculating with the miles I currently have and what I know is pending. I'm 303 miles short of my year end goal of 18,000 miles. I'm sure I will easily make it. Even without that 303 it's a record year for me. 15,000 was the original goal but I made that in early September.

Moving on to a little Cyber Monday shopping to hopefully complete my Christmas shopping. :surfweb:

11,000 AM for me. That is a record for me too and I don't even have an Amex card to get all those special bonuses!!!!

In my experience, flights usually show up on Airmiles about 10 months prior to the flight. If I can, I try to book at that time to ensure I get the flight I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter