Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Looking for thoughts from the experts........
I made a purchase tonight at bed bath and beyond for $500. Their website said they were offering 2x the air miles. My question is will I then get 10 times the 1x air Miles or 10 times the 2x air Miles?

I made a purchase tonight at bed bath and beyond for $500. Their website said they were offering 2x the air miles. My question is will I then get 10 times the 1x air Miles or 10 times the 2x air Miles?

No, I'm pretty sure every offer is wiped out and you will just get 10x.

Says they mailed me the Sobeys coupons too. Wonder if I will ever see that, or should I print them out?

I've always received the offer on the base miles, so assuming 25 base miles, 25 + 225 (9x 25 for the 10x offer) + 25 (1x 25 for the 2x offer) = 275 airmiles

I stopped in to get gas last night at an Irving in Halifax and picked up a Shop the Block booklet. Looks like the promotion will go from Nov 14- Dec 14. This year using 7 offers gets you 2000, 5 offers gets you 1000, and 3 offers gets you 300 AM, which is up from last year. Happy hunting!

The booklet has the website airmiles.ca/shoptheblock in it but the website isn't live yet. I guess the gas station shouldn't have put out the booklets yet!

No, I'm pretty sure every offer is wiped out and you will just get 10x.

When there are multiplier offers in the airmiles shop you will get your base miles, then each offers is treated as separate offers and stacked upon the base miles.
The math that @Days In the Sun provided is correct!

I'm holding out for Black Friday/Cyber Monday when each store will also have deals. 2 years ago i managed to snag a week at the Dolphin, including round trip flights from Pearson for both of us for just under $2000 from Expedia and a whopping 1700 -ish AM since the portal was at 25 X and Expedia was 5 X

I stopped in to get gas last night at an Irving in Halifax and picked up a Shop the Block booklet. Looks like the promotion will go from Nov 14- Dec 14. This year using 7 offers gets you 2000, 5 offers gets you 1000, and 3 offers gets you 300 AM, which is up from last year. Happy hunting!

The booklet has the website airmiles.ca/shoptheblock in it but the website isn't live yet. I guess the gas station shouldn't have put out the booklets yet!

Is it giving only cash airmiles like the one last Nov-Dec? I'll be happy to see the booklet and website! Love big bonuses :)

Was it the Irving in Bayers Lake by chance? I better get out today and pick one up!

Let the games begin.:worship: This is just like the Airmiles Olympics for us die hard collectors. Just a reminder to everyone to keep photocopies/copies of coupons/receipts in a separate envelope so that if you have to do a follow up query it's all handy.

My Sobeys shop today
Quite a few Quaker products on sale for $2.99-buy 5 get 50 airmiles.
This deal I did not see in the flyer...................
I bought
10 pancake (Aunt Jemima) boxes.
5 Quaker harvest crunch ,I use this alot on top of my yogurt.
5 Captain Crunch--breakfast club kids are going to love me!
I will donate quite a bit of it to my school's breakfast program.
in all 202 airmiles.
Hugs Mel

PS
My youngest son has been told no more advil so we need Tylenol
this looks like a good deal
36014_TYLENOL_Eblast_Banner_270x560.jpg

P.S.S.
My shop N Go is spend $40.00 get 60 airmiles.
Ever since I complained -via chat and they manually added points for me,, I have been getting a threshold offer.

Just adding to @bababear_50's post.

Sobeys:

Picked up the Quaker deal, 5 boxes of cereal, get 50 airmiles. Deal is for the month ending Dec 7, includes cereal, syrup and pancakes, instant hot cereal and regular quaker oats were excluded.

Separate deal on Quaker instant oatmeal, 18 family pack, $4.99 20 am wub 2, not as good as above. No sales listed for quaker bars or regular quaker oats.

Dempster's b3 get 30am bagel/pita/wrap deal is also on until Dec 7 and there was Dempster's Rye bread $2.99 ... now drawing a blank on the number of airmiles ... guessing b2 get 20??? Anyway, there was none left but deal is on until Dec 7.

Rexall:

Checked quickly for the Tylenol price, regularly $19.79, 80 cents off $18.99 til end of sale on Nov 23. Rexall brand beside it was $11.99, $14.99 for the 120 pack.

Also checked at Sobeys, regular price for the Tylenol $15.99, Sobey's brand $9.59.

Is that "shop the block" booklet for all of Ontario? Will all of the gas stations provide them?

I guess my real question is - how do I get my hands on one?! :)

Let the games begin.:worship: This is just like the Airmiles Olympics for us die hard collectors. Just a reminder to everyone to keep photocopies/copies of coupons/receipts in a separate envelope so that if you have to do a follow up query it's all handy.
YES! I'm ready to play, but hope i don't have as much trouble getting to the finish line this time! I agree about getting ready to produce proof if need be, grab a couple of extra booklets & staple the receipts to the proper coupon, take screen shots of all FAQs, keep copies of any pertinent emails and have at it! I'll try to start a separate thread once the promo actually drops, unless someone else beats me to the punch :D

upload_2017-11-11_17-40-47.png

I'm ready
Airmiles Olympics
Let's go...............................Airmiles Shop the Block
I've got my printer ready--stapler ready,--- blank envelopes ready and magnifying glass for the fine print!
I've got an empty airmiles "cash" balance so that has me a bit worried.
Hugs Mel

750ef361044907187f181e72010155a5--olympic-logo-olympic-sports.jpg

Last edited:
I'm almost home but wanted to give a quick answer... yes, several times, no problem, just cause it's "on sale" has nothing to do with quantity.

Home now, here's more info you might find interesting
You should pay attention to the Deals of the Week that pop up every Monday -- we needed (ok, wanted) a sound bar and I did my research of all AM has and when the one i wanted popped up in there i snagged it! It looks like this currently
View attachment 282560
BUT here's what i actually paid!View attachment 282561

I’m a recent Onyx member looking to purchase an item that is currently a deal of the week. How do I know how many air miles I would save with Onyx status? I’ve placed the item in my cart but it’s still showing as just the deal of the week price. The regular price is 8000 air miles on sale for 6000 air miles in deal of the week, how much more would I save as Onyx?

I’m a recent Onyx member looking to purchase an item that is currently a deal of the week. How do I know how many air miles I would save with Onyx status? I’ve placed the item in my cart but it’s still showing as just the deal of the week price. The regular price is 8000 air miles on sale for 6000 air miles in deal of the week, how much more would I save as Onyx?
You won't save more --- those prices are discounted more than even the ONYX price -- look back at the post i made with the screen shots of my sound bar
ONYX pricing vs Deal of the Week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter