Airmiles Armchair Chatter

View attachment 462814
So sorry you are having issues getting the dryer delivered.
I would be calling the store you bought from and speaking with a manager ,,tell them to rent a Van and get your dryer delivered PDQ,!!
Hugs to you
Mel

https://www.facebook.com/lowes
https://twitter.com/lowes
Maybe a picture of you sitting with a pile of clothing in a laundry mat
https://www.instagram.com/loweshomeimprovement/
I will be buying a couple of large appliances this year and this does not look good for a Lowes purchase .
I’ve made several large purchases from Lowe’s and not had a single problem. In the last 4ish years I’ve had maybe 8 deliveries from them. I got my appliance delivery this past Friday exactly when it was supposed to arrive. The guys were fast, clean and did everything they were supposed to.

It’s great when everything goes as scheduled ( not intended to be a pun) and I get things happen but the fact they feel not responsible because they contract delivery out could be a problem for anyone .
I wish I had a similar experience. It’s costing me money for at min three days now and ima single mom so every penny counts

QUOTE="dancin Disney style, post: 61400582, member: 86430"]
I’ve made several large purchases from Lowe’s and not had a single problem. In the last 4ish years I’ve had maybe 8 deliveries from them. I got my appliance delivery this past Friday exactly when it was supposed to arrive. The guys were fast, clean and did everything they were supposed to.
[/QUOTE]

I have not received mine yet, but I'm thinking that it might come on my January statement (16th).
My billing cycle was the other day and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary earning. I remember them posting independently of the statement in the past. I guess its only been a few "working" days since the 27th of Dec. I just need to be a little more patient.

A little Internet vent.

I was over the on the Cruise Critic Florida Departures Board and made a suggestion on a comment. Lo and behold the OP thought I was being nasty and made a snappy/rude remark to me about my comment. No wonder I just lurk over there and not make many posts or ask many questions. 90% of people on there are so rude, it just makes me run back to my AM DIS fam! :love:

A little Internet vent.

I was over the on the Cruise Critic Florida Departures Board and made a suggestion on a comment. Lo and behold the OP thought I was being nasty and made a snappy/rude remark to me about my comment. No wonder I just lurk over there and not make many posts or ask many questions. 90% of people on there are so rude, it just makes me run back to my AM DIS fam! :love:

Sometimes I venture out here on a few of the DIS forums,,, but even here I've been made to feel awful.
Here on the Canadian Board is my safe /happy place,,we love you here ilovetotravel1977 !!
Hugs to you
Mel

A little Internet vent.

Agree! Cruise critic is the worst. Some are just mean for no reason. There are one or two on the dis cruise forum that I stay away from but for the most part the DIS is a pleasant helpful place to be. Everyone seems to want to help others with good information and good thoughts. Love my DIS peeps...

A little Internet vent.

The tone on Cruisecritic is notoriously rude and defensive. In my opinion it’s poorly moderated to continue to allow that nonsense. The tone gets set very easily when you allow members to attack one another. The Disboards has its moments but overall it’s so much better here and you really see it when you see the garbage on other sites. I’m sorry you had to deal with that .

Finally getting around to posting this after a crazy Christmas season.

Thanks to everyone on here I was ale to get to Onyx level for the first time! A large black friday week purchase with 20x airmiles vaulted me over. Would never have got there without all your great tips!

My goal this year is to try and get to Rexall more. They are building a large one about 5 minutes from me so i'm hoping they have more options like M&M's.

Also, @bababear_50 I saw on another thread that you were changing to an air miles credit card. If you don't mind sharing, just wondering which one you chose and why?

Thanks everyone! 👍

here's THE LINK to the Rexall coupon and the image if you'd prefer. There probably won't be a chance to double dip with another one from airmiles because those are usually only one day only things. If you're old enough you should go tomorrow and get the 20% discount as well to maximize your dollar value as well. The survey coupon that is in the first post is good until the 8th but you might have trouble using it with the bonus miles one ...Screenshot_20200106-100219_Word.jpg

It’s great when everything goes as scheduled ( not intended to be a pun) and I get things happen but the fact they feel not responsible because they contract delivery out could be a problem for anyone .
I wish I had a similar experience. It’s costing me money for at min three days now and ima single mom so every penny counts

QUOTE="dancin Disney style, post: 61400582, member: 86430"]
[/QUOTE]
I get what you are saying about inconvenience. I can give you one that might be a tad worse. I had a new fridge being delivered by Home Depot and they had just called to say that they would be arriving within the hour. That hour comes and goes, then a little while later I get another call saying that the truck had been in an accident and was laying on it's side in the ditch beside the highway off ramp. I was to be it's next delivery. So now I have no fridge at home because my old one (that was still working) had been picked up earlier that morning. My food was packed in a couple of coolers. Home Depot decided that they couldn't guarantee that the fridge was not damaged so they had to get me another one which took 6 days.

All companies contract out delivery now. My feeling is that what has happened with you is a one off. I would call back and speak to someone else....a manager perhaps. I have had 2 issues with my past deliveries from Lowes (not exactly related to the actual delivery) and speaking with a manager the issues were dealt with easily. One situation was a damaged appliance and the manager knew right away what most likely had occurred. She told me right up front that it may take a while to fix. It took 6-7 weeks but she kept calling me along the way to let me know that she had not forgotten about it.

I get what you are saying about inconvenience. I can give you one that might be a tad worse. I had a new fridge being delivered by Home Depot and they had just called to say that they would be arriving within the hour. That hour comes and goes, then a little while later I get another call saying that the truck had been in an accident and was laying on it's side in the ditch beside the highway off ramp. I was to be it's next delivery. So now I have no fridge at home because my old one (that was still working) had been picked up earlier that morning. My food was packed in a couple of coolers. Home Depot decided that they couldn't guarantee that the fridge was not damaged so they had to get me another one which took 6 days.

All companies contract out delivery now. My feeling is that what has happened with you is a one off. I would call back and speak to someone else....a manager perhaps. I have had 2 issues with my past deliveries from Lowes (not exactly related to the actual delivery) and speaking with a manager the issues were dealt with easily. One situation was a damaged appliance and the manager knew right away what most likely had occurred. She told me right up front that it may take a while to fix. It took 6-7 weeks but she kept calling me along the way to let me know that she had not forgotten about it.
[/QUOTE]

brutal! i hope things can be solved soon, and that not all your food spoils. is it cold enough outside that you could keep stuff out there?

earlier this year we had a new bathtub delivered. we bought it at Rona. we hired a contractor to replace our current tub, which was hardly deep enough to soak your feet. hah. we scheduled delivery for a couple days before the work was supposed to start, just to make sure everything could go smoothly for the actual install.

the delivery happened exactly as scheduled, and everything seemed fine. that is, until our contractor arrived and found a huge crack through the tub. who knows if it was already damaged or somehow damaged during transit. it took us almost a whole day to resolve the problem, because the location we bought the tub from was out of stock and other locations were not being helpful. It ended up getting resolved (not by rona, but by home depot), but we paid a contractor for a whole day of basically standing around.

so frustrating, but i don’t have the skills or tools to pick up major appliances or furniture myself.

A little Internet vent.

Yup found the same thing on cruise critic as well as the other AM group on the site that shall not be named...some people sure can be nasty in their response. I now just lurk on those sites.

There are some real doozies over on WDWMagic as well. Like, I don't care how many years you have been going, or I also don't care if you are some type of "Insider" with "Insider Info". If anyone questions what they are saying, you are jumped on immediately.

Okay, I'm done now. Yikes, that carried on a little longer than I had intended LOL

Hi ETCH
I choose BMO/Airmiles Mastercard because I realized I can double dip (2X the miles) when I shop at Airmiles partners.
(Shell,Sobeys,Metro,Rexall).
Also there is no yearly fee associated with this card.
And for a limited time you can get up to 800 Airmiles when you apply for the card.

See Here.
https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/c...Ah1kRBrhRDrz63b34rhoC-X4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
And
Cirque du Soleil

15% off admission to Cirque du Soleil shows touring Canada10a, and 20% off resident shows in Las Vegas.10b
Get up to 25% off at participating National Car Rental®#† and Alamo Rent A Car®#† locations8.
Regards
Mel

brutal! i hope things can be solved soon, and that not all your food spoils. is it cold enough outside that you could keep stuff out there?

earlier this year we had a new bathtub delivered. we bought it at Rona. we hired a contractor to replace our current tub, which was hardly deep enough to soak your feet. hah. we scheduled delivery for a couple days before the work was supposed to start, just to make sure everything could go smoothly for the actual install.

the delivery happened exactly as scheduled, and everything seemed fine. that is, until our contractor arrived and found a huge crack through the tub. who knows if it was already damaged or somehow damaged during transit. it took us almost a whole day to resolve the problem, because the location we bought the tub from was out of stock and other locations were not being helpful. It ended up getting resolved (not by rona, but by home depot), but we paid a contractor for a whole day of basically standing around.

so frustrating, but i don’t have the skills or tools to pick up major appliances or furniture myself.
[/QUOTE]
Your tub stories reminds me of my own tub story. We were having a tub delivered. Purchased through a plumbing supply store in Ottawa (coming from somewhere in Quebec, I live in Ontario). It was supposed to arrive late July. It didn't arrive as expected and then because everything shuts down for construction holiday in Quebec first two weeks of August, the tub sat in the back of a delivery truck in Montreal until the end of construction holiday. No construction going on no deliveries being made. I had our bathroom reno planned so that it would be completed before we went away on holiday ended up stretching into late September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter