AFTER HOURS events when Disney re-opens?

Mitchellfamily7814

Earning My Ears
My family and I love the after hours events (especially since our little one has some sensory issues) it's just so much more convenient and comfortable for him and us and we have tried to plan our trips around them recently.

we are planning to go back to WDW in Sept......What are everyone's thoughts on the after hours events coming back upon re-opening or this fall? I feel like DIsney might allow for more dates because it may be in higher demand since people will be able to have little to no wait time on rides and dramatically fewer people in the park. Maybe it's just wishful thinking and they won't come back at all this year! Thought I might ask for others thoughts...Thanks!

I hope they do as well! I'm going at the end of July and my family loves them too! Hopefully they will maybe even at a reduced rate to try and get people to sign up for more since the crowds might be low anyway. crossing my fingers!

I cannot imagine those event being held for at least several months after parks reopen due to the extended maintenance times they'll be dealing with and the general crowd restrictions.
I would agree, that I expect minimal when they reopen and slowly add things.
I think it will be a long time before we see WDW as it was before.

I think it will take a few months, but they will be back at higher prices. In the age of social distancing, I imagine people who can afford it will pay more for lighter crowds.
Being that it is lower crowds at AH’s I don’t see why they wouldn’t have them.

Being that it is lower crowds at AH’s I don’t see why they wouldn’t have them.

Money. When belt tightening happens, this is exactly the sort of thing that gets cut first. There are operational costs involved with keeping parks open for events like that. They have to be staffed, and the villains one had extra entertainment costs to consider as well. In CV times increased cleaning is also a thing. So all of it has to be worth it to them from a cost/benefit analysis. Obviously they made a ton of money on AH or they wouldn’t have had them, but consider that the primary draw of AH events are low to no wait times because ticket sales are capped, and you can avoid the regular daytime crowds. If Disney is already capping daytime attendance to help with distancing, how are they going to sell AH as the alternative?

If AH does come back I would expect it to be more expensive at minimum. But I don’t think it will come back for some time.

They're still selling Early Morning Magic for July. I think Disney absolutely will try to get the before & after hours events running as quickly as possible. They need money, and those events are easy moneymakers for them, and also don't lead to crowding (unlike the parties which featured special shows and parades).

If some airlines can fog their planes between flights in a matter of minutes, than it doesn't need to take 12 hours for Disney to fog their attractions and shops.

Last edited:
If Disney is already capping daytime attendance to help with distancing, how are they going to sell AH as the alternative?
Because regular attendance is capped, that means some people who want to attend in daytime can't get in (or maybe can only get into a different park) during the day. So AH becomes attractive as a way to get in when you couldn't earlier, or as a way to hop, if a reservation system were to make that impossible during the day.

Plus, a mask is a lot more comfortable at night than midday.

Disney is already capping daytime attendance to help with distancing, how are they going to sell AH as the alternative?
The numbers allowed for AH's would be much less, even with capping regular hours. I don't know the specific number they allot for AH's, but estimates are around 5k- which at WDW is a virtually empty park. They're talking about capping regular park hours at anywhere from 20-50%- more like 20-40K. It's a huge difference. I don't think they'll have AH's back at first, but they could certainly promote them as less crowded.

Last edited:
The numbers allowed for AH's would be much less, even with capping regular hours. I don't know the specific number they allot for AH's, but estimates are around 5k- which at WDW is an virtually empty park. They're talking about capping regular park hours at anywhere from 20-50%- more like 20-40K. It's a huge difference. I don't think they'll have AH's back at first, but they could certainly promote them as less crowded.
What about EMM? Why are they currently selling those for July if they aren't going to have it? They're also selling cabanas for their water parks and resort pools. They've got EMH listed on their website for July. They're acting as if they'll be fully open like always, when it comes to taking reservations and payments, and letting people plan their ADR's and FP's for traditional park hours.

However, on these boards, everyone talks as if they won't open for a long time, and when they do, it will be like 9 - 5 office hours with no FPs and you'd be lucky to get in even if you're paying 1,000's to stay at one of their resorts. Which is right?

Last edited:
What about EMM? Why are they still selling that for July if they aren't going to have it? They're acting as if they'll be fully open like always, when it comes to taking reservations and payments, and letting people plan their ADR's and FP's for all hours. On these boards, though, everyone talks as if they won't open, and when they do, it will be like 9 - 5 office hours. Which is right?
They've been continuing to allow tickets to be purchased as well as making reservations and FP's for dates they have not officially cancelled. You can read rumors everywhere about when they will open and what the hours will be, but no one really knows until Disney says something. Until then, I just make my decisions as though they were open. If they cancel, I get refunded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter