After 9 months we ARE back,again : 16 NIGHTS of gluttony, PLETHORA O' PICS 8/31/24-9/16/24-NEW POSTS

BLAZE

Blaze pepp fold.jpg

Blaze sausage onion.jpg
Being from Philly we have no shortage of amazing pizzas, but we still always enjoy
having Blaze when we're in Disney. This time was not as alluring as it has been in the past.

Although the pepperoni fold was pretty good, my wife didn't care much for it.
I thought it was a nice addition, which we've never seen before.
I'm sure though we will be back in May. Also give Pizza Ponte some more love...Usually
that's decent as well. But not as decent as me speaking Italian, that I can't speak whatsoever.....
Ahhhhh Manja.

Last edited:
BOATHOUSE (brunch)
( 1ST VISIT FOR THE KIDS)

BH rolls.jpg
Seductively delicious with that scrumptious glaze all over your face...

BH salad.jpg
 For some reason this salad is always perfection and this time was no different.

I don't know why we love it so much, but it is a must get every single time.

BH burger 1.jpg
Since we were here at brunch, instead of fries I got the breakfast potatoes.
There was a $2 up charge because I added extra cheese but worth it.
Burgers here are nothing but sublime perfection.
I've had every burger on property and nothing touches this as far as taste, quality and flavor.
If you need somebody whacked, get this burger because it's a killer.
If you need a miracle, get this burger because it was made by angels.
If you need a hurtin', get this burger it will give you a squirtin'

We have eaten at boathouse more than a dozen times and I always get the burger for a reason.
You should too because I said so and if you don't it would be very unwise and perhaps scandalous.

BH burger 2.jpg
wife's burger:
She loved it as much as I do and usually she orders different things here. This time
she ended up getting the burger both visits. What does that tell you, HUH, HUH...
That she loves the meat in her mouth as much as I do.....:)

BH receipt.jpg
I did not take a picture of our daughter, grandson and son-in-laws
food but here's the receipt so you can see everything that was ordered.

And also I can never stress enough how impeccable the service here is.
Every single time we've eaten here, which is many. Nothing but top notch service.
They are on their game, they are always consistent, and it is always a great meal.

B-O-A-T-H-O-U-S-E spells yum, I mean Boathouse, but I think you all can spell too...
I just learned, SCHOOL HOUSE ROCK reruns!!!!

Last edited:
BOATHOUSE
(2nd visit without the kids :)

BH rolls 2.jpg
Goopy Glazy rolls again, yes!
Still good, yes!!!

BH shrimp.jpg
We've gotten these little spicy roaches of the sea many times and they're always delightful.
This time was no different. Go ahead and pop a few in your mouth I dare you...

BH burger red potatoes.jpg
This time I got roasted potatoes which were always good and they still are.
I told them to hold the roll since I had potatoes, and I don't like to eat that much bread.

BH burger fries.jpg
Wife burger:
I told you this woman loves meat in her mouth...and fries...

BH bread pudding.jpg
This bread pudding is nothing but impeccable and it is always perfect.
Boathouse always has my favorite desserts anywhere on property.
The macadamia nut turtle ice cream pie, Chocolate layer cake, and this beauty
This is probably tied for second place of best bread pudding in Disney.
Even if you don't care for bread pudding get this, otherwise you're a fool and you should
throw yourself off the back dock, and into the mouth of a gator.
I would just get the bread pudding and play it safe.

Last edited:
BEACHES & CREAM ( take out window)

BC no way jose.jpg

When you need dessert and it's got to be cold go grab yourself a NO WAY JOSE and share it with a loved one.
We always enjoy getting this to go and finding a nice air conditioned spot right inside by the inner courtyard.
Plenty big for two, but not three. They need to get their own....

(This was our dessert from the eat around boardwalk, yacht and beach)

AUNTIE GRAVITIES
Aunties gravities candy corn.jpg
The wife loves candy corn, but I despise the vial treat. Of course she needed to try it.
She loved it, but for science sake I had to taste it and..............................................
....................................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................................

That's what I call suspense!!!
I actually enjoyed it but not the candy corn itself those are all for her.
YUCK.

TERRA TREATS ( Animal Kingdom)
AK Terra treats pizza.jpg

After seeing a few people boast about the pizza we had to give it a shot,
since we were in the mood for a slice at that very moment anyway.
As we were approaching the stand we did run into BIG FAT PANDA (DVC show)
and we got to talk to him, so that was cool. Also a very nice guy.

The fact that they claim this was pepperoni and what was included on it
is a slap to the face. There is barely any pepperoni on it, so there's that...
For pizza that you get at a window it was OK, it's definitely is better than most
junk pizza you find on site.

ALE & COMPASS

Ale & compass menu.jpg

Ale & compass ribs.jpg

Ale & compass steak.jpg
This was not originally on our plans so it was a last minute change up and we're glad we did.
We have eaten at the lounge before but this is the first time we ate in the restaurant portion.
Really enjoy the space, BUT It is insanely overly loud. The manager was very accommodating
and found us a much quieter spot in a corner inside which was very nice of her.

The service was great but the food was even better. Me and the wife as usual, split everything and we loved it.
We enjoyed this so much when we come back in May and stay at Beach Club for the first part
of the trip we're going to make sure we stop here for an early dinner.

Both dishes were equally excellent and I really enjoyed the enhanced fries that was a nice touch.

Really informative, funny, and down to earth reviews! Thanks so much for taking the time and sharing. I always look forward to reading your reviews and take some of your suggestions for our own trips. It sounds like you had a really great trip other than the heat and humidity, it was maximum awful in September. And, your grandson is totally adorable.

ALE & COMPASS

View attachment 898842

View attachment 898843

View attachment 898844
This was not originally on our plans so it was a last minute change up and we're glad we did.
We have eaten at the lounge before but this is the first time we ate in the restaurant portion.
Really enjoy the space, BUT It is insanely overly loud. The manager was very accommodating
and found us a much quieter spot in a corner inside which was very nice of her.

The service was great but the food was even better. Me and the wife as usual, split everything and we loved it.
We enjoyed this so much when we come back in May and stay at Beach Club for the first part
of the trip we're going to make sure we stop here for an early dinner.

Both dishes were equally excellent and I really enjoyed the enhanced fries that was a nice touch.
HIGHLY recommend their breakfast. Entree plus "buffet" combo. Delightful

Fellow Boathouse fan here. It's such a great spot. Oddly enough, the last two times I've visited someone at an adjacent table had a medical emergency (unrelated to the food). I was super impressed by how kindly and professionally the staff handled both situations. Glad you enjoyed Ale & Compass. While I've had mixed experiences there with the service (I think sometimes they get overwhelmed with walk-ins and to-go orders when the resort is hosting a convention) the food is consistently terrific. I share your love of the 🍔 at Boathouse but I think theirs is also excellent (served in the lounge too).

Really informative, funny, and down to earth reviews! Thanks so much for taking the time and sharing. I always look forward to reading your reviews and take some of your suggestions for our own trips. It sounds like you had a really great trip other than the heat and humidity, it was maximum awful in September. And, your grandson is totally adorable.
Thank you thank you thank you glad you enjoyed.

Fellow Boathouse fan here. It's such a great spot. Oddly enough, the last two times I've visited someone at an adjacent table had a medical emergency (unrelated to the food). I was super impressed by how kindly and professionally the staff handled both situations. Glad you enjoyed Ale & Compass. While I've had mixed experiences there with the service (I think sometimes they get overwhelmed with walk-ins and to-go orders when the resort is hosting a convention) the food is consistently terrific. I share your love of the 🍔 at Boathouse but I think theirs is also excellent (served in the lounge too).
The boat house is truly the greatest.
It is odd that there is two people that had medical emergencies, perhaps they were allergic to your aura....
Or did you throw voodoo magic at them Hmmmmm.
We had the burger at Ale & Compass Lounge a few years ago and it was good, we are getting it again this trip coming up
in May.

BLUE RIBBON CORN DOG

View attachment 898730

View attachment 898732

View attachment 898731

We definitely had higher hopes for Blue Ribbon, but they were quickly
squashed as we try to take a bite into this monstrosity.
The batter was not good, the pickle was way too tough and rubbery to bite through.
The hot dog was much too thin and not very tasty.
And the odd peanut butter inclusion did not go well with it, we did try it and immediately hated it.
For the exorbitant overcharging price of this, they could have at least given you some fresh cooked kettle chips.
This was an absolute one and done.
You can ram this corn dog up your cornholio.....
I had this for the first time a few weeks ago and I totally agree. The peanut butter I didn’t understand at all and said to skip it. I was disappointed in the batter, hot dog and pickle. I was really looking forward to this and what a disappointment! Ugh! 😩

I may have fallen a bit behind because I couldn't move on from the LTT Pictures. Gosh I love that place. Tried to get it for Thanksgiving but couldn't. I did get Diamond Horseshoe which is the same menu (just not the same atmosphere) so that's a bonus. I still haven't tried Gideon's. That turtle cake looked delicious though!

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest