Adults Half a Ton of Big Guys DL/CA Dis Meet Oct 24th -Oct30th. Were Back

Hi Bloodhound! I finally made it over here! You really gleaned alot of info already - are you taking a list of all the things to look for? :)

yes and it is only slowly coming online. There are a few resturants at one end that are open. It is 3/4 to 1 mile alway.

There are a bunch of hotels along Harbor that are in easy walking distance. The Hojo is pretty nice and sometimes you can get great rates there. Since I take my dog with me, my options are very limited, so I have only been to a few of the places.

My sister swears by the Park Vue inn. Which is right accross the street.

Could you tell me where exactly the GardenWalk is, and is it just restaurants, or a little strip Mall, outside Mall? I heard about it in my PTR from JordanYost, but I can't place where it is. thanks

Okay here goes. . .a slideshow of DLR with my Son in April of 07. . .

skyyhiflygirl

If you have trouble with the link let me know. . .and if you want any explanations. . .lol

Fun slideshow! Thanks for sharing - looks like you had a great time with your son - treasure these days!

Couple of things if your interested, there might be a picture or two of Disneyland here

And for my Birthday, my son and his fiance gave me a trip to Club 33 whoohooo :dance3: now to figure out when I am going to be down there to use it.

Fun pics of DL! I'm curious about Club 33 - how do you find out about it, is it really a club now? I know a little about the history, just don't know what it is now.

And for my Birthday, my son and his fiance gave me a trip to Club 33 whoohooo :dance3: now to figure out when I am going to be down there to use it.

Wow, Gregg that is great! We went on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour a couple of weeks ago and we were able to go into the lobby area of Club 33.

Tell us all about it when you get a chance to go!

Hi Bloodhound! I finally made it over here! You really gleaned alot of info already - are you taking a list of all the things to look for? :)

Could you tell me where exactly the GardenWalk is, and is it just restaurants, or a little strip Mall, outside Mall? I heard about it in my PTR from JordanYost, but I can't place where it is. thanks

It will be a mall, similar to DTD with resturants and shops, I think that the upper levels are supossed to be hotel rooms, but I am not 100% sure. As for location, as you go down harbor if you turn left once your past DL, I think it is Katella, it is a couple of blocks down. I stay at the extended Stay Hotel sometimes and it is on that same block.

Fun slideshow! Thanks for sharing - looks like you had a great time with your son - treasure these days!

Fun pics of DL! I'm curious about Club 33 - how do you find out about it, is it really a club now? I know a little about the history, just don't know what it is now.

Yes it is a private club, you have to have a membership to get in, or have a member sponsor your reservation. The entrance is located right to the left of the Blue Bayou entrance, all it is is a plain door with the number 33 on it. I have never been in there, so I am really looking forward to it.

My son and his fiance are going on tues or wed. She got entrance because her job owns a membership.

Wow, Gregg that is great! We went on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour a couple of weeks ago and we were able to go into the lobby area of Club 33.

Thanks, really looking forward to it :)

:welcome: Hi, are you planning a trip to Disney?

hI gREG, HAVE YOU MADE AND dISNEY PLANS?

I believe that Gregg is like me as in we don't really "plan" trips to Disneyland, just pick a date and time and go. . .I think it has to do with the fact that I go so often. . .

My last trip we decided on friday night at 10pm that we were going to go, so we got up at 2am on saturday and were in the park at 8am :)

Kenny's last day of school is Friday, so sometime in the next couple of weeks we will most likely head on down.

It is really nice having an AP and living only 5 hours away by car. I doubt I'll be there as much this year as last, but I am pretty sure I can support an AP.

My last trip we decided on friday night at 10pm that we were going to go, so we got up at 2am on saturday and were in the park at 8am :)

Kenny's last day of school is Friday, so sometime in the next couple of weeks we will most likely head on down.

It is really nice having an AP and living only 5 hours away by car. I doubt I'll be there as much this year as last, but I am pretty sure I can support an AP.

I am going to take Brandon again the last weekend of June. . .

Hi Greg an Darcy, you both live close to DWD or DL...I like spontanious .

Most of the time, I am as well...going here there everywhere in my area putting 500 miles a week on my big gas gussler till recently when gas hit the 4.00 mark.

I grew up going to amusement parks in the area, In my hometown Bowling green ky, we have Beech Bend Park and raceway in adetion to the rides they have huge car(corvette, buick gn) and harley meets In Nasville Tn and hour away we had Opryland( now closed ) and In louisville se have Ky Kingdome Six Flags...I spent more time here than anywhere its located on the state fairgrounds and has alot of big concerts as well...

When My daughter moved to Louisville when her mom and I devorced I still lived in Bowling green about 2.5 hrs away(she was 12 then now she is 24)...I bought an AP to Ky Kindom every year( my fav big ride in Ky Kindom is called Chang...it starts off climming to a really hig ramp (ita a stand-up coaster...and drops to a huge loop and then into a double helix you go so fast its like the g-force in mission space orange line) every an we enjoyed it very much for years until she graduated from High school an between her school and work an my out of town work we didnt have time to go anymore so ...now Ive found Disney with my old college buddies...and in Oct you guys to enyoy my thrill ride fix with :goodvibes:

They been advertizing a good ap rate for ky kingdom lately...Ive been tempted...but i dont have anyone that wants to go on a regular basis here...so come Oct we will be on a rampage comando style hitting the parks DL/CA US SW SD Zoo

Hi Greg an Darcy, you both live close to DWD or DL...I like spontanious .

Most of the time, I am as well...going here there everywhere in my area putting 500 miles a week on my big gas gussler till recently when gas hit the 4.00 mark.

I grew up going to amusement parks in the area, In my hometown Bowling green ky, we have Beech Bend Park and raceway in adetion to the rides they have huge car(corvette, buick gn) and harley meets In Nasville Tn and hour away we had Opryland( now closed ) and In louisville se have Ky Kingdome Six Flags...I spent more time here than anywhere its located on the state fairgrounds and has alot of big concerts as well...

When My daughter moved to Louisville when her mom and I devorced I still lived in Bowling green about 2.5 hrs away(she was 12 then now she is 24)...I bought an AP to Ky Kindom every year( my fav big ride in Ky Kindom is called Chang...it starts off climming to a really hig ramp (ita a stand-up coaster...and drops to a huge loop and then into a double helix you go so fast its like the g-force in mission space orange line) every an we enjoyed it very much for years until she graduated from High school an between her school and work an my out of town work we didnt have time to go anymore so ...now Ive found Disney with my old college buddies...and in Oct you guys to enyoy my thrill ride fix with :goodvibes:

They been advertizing a good ap rate for ky kingdom lately...Ive been tempted...but i dont have anyone that wants to go on a regular basis here...so come Oct we will be on a rampage comando style hitting the parks DL/CA US SW SD Zoo

I used to live 20 minutes away from Disneyland and about 10 minutes from Knotts Berry Farm. I have been an annual passholder at Disneyland for some time now. When we say we don't plan Disneyland trips its because we know where we can stay with a moment's notice, and what we will do when we get there. I could NEVER do that at wdw. I have only been 2 times and it is so big. I definitely encourage those that are new to do some planning. Not as much as you would if you were going to WDW, but some planning is in order. I am actually looking forward to meeting up with this foursome to empart some of my knowledge and enthusiasm. . .all I ask is that you let me know which days will be designated Disney days, cause I won't be going to SD or LA.

While in San Diego, if you want to do a great breakfast, try The Broken Yolk. BEST mansized breakfast I have ever eaten. I used to share a breakfast with a friend and still have leftovers. Price is great and the atmosphere is awesome. Its not too far from seaworld and they open at 6 a.m. Its a local hangout that can get VERY busy on the weekends. My old roomie and I used to go there at least 3 times a week. If you want a great beach atmosphere after leaving Seaworld, go to Pacific Beach and hit up the bar by the pier that has open windows on the ocean side. Its a great hangout with decent food. lots of fun. I will try to think of some more stuff. . .

I used to live 20 minutes away from Disneyland and about 10 minutes from Knotts Berry Farm. I have been an annual passholder at Disneyland for some time now. When we say we don't plan Disneyland trips its because we know where we can stay with a moment's notice, and what we will do when we get there. I could NEVER do that at wdw. I have only been 2 times and it is so big. I definitely encourage those that are new to do some planning. Not as much as you would if you were going to WDW, but some planning is in order. I am actually looking forward to meeting up with this foursome to empart some of my knowledge and enthusiasm. . .all I ask is that you let me know which days will be designated Disney days, cause I won't be going to SD or LA.

While in San Diego, if you want to do a great breakfast, try The Broken Yolk. BEST mansized breakfast I have ever eaten. I used to share a breakfast with a friend and still have leftovers. Price is great and the atmosphere is awesome. Its not too far from seaworld and they open at 6 a.m. Its a local hangout that can get VERY busy on the weekends. My old roomie and I used to go there at least 3 times a week. If you want a great beach atmosphere after leaving Seaworld, go to Pacific Beach and hit up the bar by the pier that has open windows on the ocean side. Its a great
hangout with decent food. lots of fun. I will try to think of some more stuff. . .

Hi Darcey, thanks this will be great info for us...I think were planning on being
in the parks Friday Sat Sun Mon..subject to change at a moments notice....lol

Donald is planning the where and when.

Hi Darcey, thanks this will be great info for us...I think were planning on being
in the parks Friday Sat Sun Mon..subject to change at a moments notice....lol

Donald is planning the where and when.
So maybe I should be dealing with him directly? lol. . .teasing here. . .

I love San Diego. . .so much to do there. But it is not the "Land"

So maybe I should be dealing with him directly? lol. . .teasing here. . .

I love San Diego. . .so much to do there. But it is not the "Land"

Think of me as the recruiter....lol

I will call Donald an ask him to post our iteneray as soon as he has it figured out. So you can deal with him directly...lol
He is very busy....Im going to Bowling Green tomorrow on business and will probly see Donald fer some wings and beer.

I think Mickey has forgotten about this thread .I asked him to come say hello.... Goofy doesnt have a computer.

Think of me as the recruiter....lol

I will call Donald an ask him to post our iteneray as soon as he has it figured out. So you can deal with him directly...lol
He is very busy....Im going to Bowling Green tomorrow on business and will probly see Donald fer some wings and beer.

I think Mickey has forgotten about this thread .I asked him to come say hello.... Goofy doesnt have a computer.

Not important really. . .I'll respond to those who ask. . .and I expect to meet you all in October anyway. . .

If your a thrill ride junkie, you might look at Magic Mountain, it has some big coasters and is about an hour north of DL.

:welcome: Glad to see you, do you have anything to add to the list?

Thanks! I thought of one thing - get a Priority Seating ressie (they don't call them ADRs there) at Blue Bayou. This is one thing that makes POC at DL different than MK. You are actually dining inside the POC ride. It is the beginning of the ride, and boats of people on the ride float quietly by you while you eat. It looks really interesting to them - it just fits with the scenery. There are crickets chirping, and old "bayou" cabins on stilts in the water. It looks like you are eating out on a dock overlooking the river. The food is good, although it is a little pricey, but definately worth the experience at least once. You can get PS at 60 days out there.

It will be a mall, similar to DTD with resturants and shops, I think that the upper levels are supossed to be hotel rooms, but I am not 100% sure. As for location, as you go down harbor if you turn left once your past DL, I think it is Katella, it is a couple of blocks down. I stay at the extended Stay Hotel sometimes and it is on that same block.

Yes it is a private club, you have to have a membership to get in, or have a member sponsor your reservation. The entrance is located right to the left of the Blue Bayou entrance, all it is is a plain door with the number 33 on it. I have never been in there, so I am really looking forward to it.

My son and his fiance are going on tues or wed. She got entrance because her job owns a membership.

Thanks, really looking forward to it :)

Thanks for the info - We will definately be looking to check out the GardenWalk. Have a great time at Club 33!

Thanks! I thought of one thing - get a Priority Seating ressie (they don't call them ADRs there) at Blue Bayou. This is one thing that makes POC at DL different than MK. You are actually dining inside the POC ride. It is the beginning of the ride, and boats of people on the ride float quietly by you while you eat. It looks really interesting to them - it just fits with the scenery. There are crickets chirping, and old "bayou" cabins on stilts in the water. It looks like you are eating out on a dock overlooking the river. The food is good, although it is a little pricey, but definately worth the experience at least once. You can get PS at 60 days out there.

Thanks for the tip...come back real soon :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter