Adding family to DVC reservation to get evening hours

Itoddmickey

Earning My Ears
I’m staying at DVC while my daughter is staying at value resort. If there is still space on my DVC reservation for her, can I add her to my DVC reservation so she can visit Epcot during extended evening hours? She would be listed on 2 reservations for same day.

I believe you can go online and adjust/edit the details of the guests staying at your DVC property at any time. If that does not work, or you can't find it, just call DVC Member Services.

The problem with this is that she cannot be checked in to two resorts at the same time.

In order to access EMH, not only would she need to br a guest on your room, but also need to have her MB and ticket linked to show she is a guest of the resort.

If she is booked at a value, then that is what will pull up when they scan her ticket, unless she checks out of that room for thr night.

I know people have put guests in their room under middle names, and for access to the resort that works, but it causes issues when you need to scan in for EMH..

Maybe the front desk has a way to work around it if you list her on both? I don’t know.

The problem with this is that she cannot be checked in to two resorts at the same time.

In order to access EMH, not only would she need to br a guest on your room, but also need to have her MB and ticket linked to show she is a guest of the resort.

If she is booked at a value, then that is what will pull up when they scan her ticket, unless she checks out of that room for thr night.

I know people have put guests in their room under middle names, and for access to the resort that works, but it causes issues when you need to scan in for EMH..

Maybe the front desk has a way to work around it if you list her on both? I don’t know.
Question - we have an upcoming DVC stay (on rented points) and for one night while we're there I have the Poly booked on my points (they were unexpected from a resale and are expiring). So I will have two reservations under my name for the same night - are you saying I won't be able to check-in to Poly if I am already checked in at another resort?

Question - we have an upcoming DVC stay (on rented points) and for one night while we're there I have the Poly booked on my points (they were unexpected from a resale and are expiring). So I will have two reservations under my name for the same night - are you saying I won't be able to check-in to Poly if I am already checked in at another resort?

Correct…you can’t be checked in to each because your MB can only attach to one resort at a time.

Now, they have a way to uncheck you as a guest, but if you are the only one on the first reservation then it is going to be an issue…

When my DS and his wife went to stay a night at VGF while the rest of us were at BRV, they had to unlink them from BRV first,, when they came back, they were checked back in…but the rest of us never left.

What I would do is make your name on the one you booked at Poly your middle name and don’t link it to MDE…and then just get a key card to open the room.

That should allow it to work..but not 100% sure. We will double book a night when we split stay so two rooms for one night, but we don’t check in to the second resort until we left the first one, so don’t have the issue. We just do it to have a room from 11 to 4.

Last edited:
Correct…you can’t be checked in to each because your MB can only attach to one resort at a time.

Now, they have a way to uncheck you as a guest, but if you are the only one on the first reservation then it is going to be an issue…

When my DS and his wife went to stay a night at VGF while the rest of us were at BRV, they had to unlink them from BRV first,, when they came back, they were checked back in…but the rest of us never left.

What I would do is make your name on the one you booked at Poly your middle name and don’t link it to MDE…and then just get a key card to open the room.

That should allow it to work..but not 100% sure. We will double book a night when we split stay so two rooms for one night, but we don’t check in to the second resort until we left the first one, so don’t have the issue. We just do it to have a room from 11 to 4.
I’m so glad I decided to read this thread! Thank you!!

The only way this would work is if they put their tickets on the DVC room magic band and then had a separate magic band (or card key) to open the door to their value resort. One can be listed on multiple rooms (the "John Smith" factor), but it's the magic band attached to the account that determines what door opens, what tickets you have, and whether you get EMH.

We did this last December. My son has two MDE accounts. He made his value reservation on a generic account in his name and got a key card to open his value room. I had his real MDE account as a guest in our dvc room and he linked his park tickets to that MDE account.
No issues at all.

When I go to extended evening hours, they want to scan one person's ticket at each attraction then they just allow the whole party through.

So I don't think she really has to be on the reservation as long as you or someone on the reservation is with her and you're not trying to bring 15 people with you, although it's probably a good idea to put a name on there so it shows up in the system. But you don't have to link her in MDE especially if that causes issues for her value reservation.

We did this last December. My son has two MDE accounts. He made his value reservation on a generic account in his name and got a key card to open his value room. I had his real MDE account as a guest in our dvc room and he linked his park tickets to that MDE account.
No issues at all.

Thanks for sharing and this is the way to go. Have the actual ticket and MDE attached to the DVC room and the other room not connected.

Thanks for sharing and this is the way to go. Have the actual ticket and MDE attached to the DVC room and the other room not connected.
You are the one who helped me figure out how to make it work before we went in December, so thanks to you! :-)

facebook twitter