ABD discounts

brewcrew

DIS Veteran
We are planning our first ABD next year. Do they offer bookings for the following year at the end of your trip? If so, do you get a discount and how much?

HI, I went on the Backstage Magic trip last year. If I remember correctly, we were given a card to get 10% off of a future trip however, you had to decide within 2 to 3 weeks and put your down payment on it. I did not take advantage of this because I had just spent so much money on the first adventure and had not decided on the following years vacation!

Do you mean like they do on cruises? Part of the issue is, 2/3 of the trips occur long before the next year's trips are even announced. I've only been on one ABD so far, but nothing was said about booking for the next year, nor were any discounts offered at that time.

I did, however, receive a $100 "loyalty discount" when I *did* book for this year. There have been rumors that it won't be offered next year. But that *is* only a rumor.

Sayhello

ETA:
Actually, I take that back. There *might* have been an offer for a discount when I went, but you had to book within, I think, 10 days of the start of the trip. And since my trip was in May, all that was available to book at that point were trips for the same year (2008) (2009 trips were announced in August) so I pretty much ignored it. Somebody needs to chime in who has a better memory than this old broad!

Do you mean like they do on cruises? Part of the issue is, 2/3 of the trips occur long before the next year's trips are even announced. I've only been on one ABD so far, but nothing was said about booking for the next year, nor were any discounts offered at that time.

I did, however, receive a $100 "loyalty discount" when I *did* book for this year. There have been rumors that it won't be offered next year. But that *is* only a rumor.

Sayhello

ETA:
Actually, I take that back. There *might* have been an offer for a discount when I went, but you had to book within, I think, 10 days of the start of the trip. And since my trip was in May, all that was available to book at that point were trips for the same year (2008) (2009 trips were announced in August) so I pretty much ignored it. Somebody needs to chime in who has a better memory than this old broad!

Yes, like they do on cruises. That makes sense though because if you go on an early summer trip they wouldn't have the itineraries for the next year. Just wishful thinking on my part.

Last year, they did have an offer for 10% off if you booked in the next 10 days after your adventure. We received this offer as a card in our room on our last night, and again by email when we got home.

No such offer was made after our trip this year.

Personally, I think they should offer a referral incentive. SayHello has sent tons of people on Southwest Splendors, surely she deserves a discount on her next trip!

Last year, they did have an offer for 10% off if you booked in the next 10 days after your adventure. We received this offer as a card in our room on our last night, and again by email when we got home.

No such offer was made after our trip this year.

Personally, I think they should offer a referral incentive. SayHello has sent tons of people on Southwest Splendors, surely she deserves a discount on her next trip!

I agree That would be neat! I can't wait to hear about sayhello's Alaska trip!

Awwwww... now you're making me blush!

smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animate.gif

But what a great idea!!!

Sayhello

After our Southwest Splendors trip last year, we got a $100 per guest "loyalty discount". I did not hear anything about a 10% discount.

You can also get an additional "discount" if you are a Costco member and if you book your trip through them. They offer a rebate card for Costco of up to $500 depending on the cost of the trip you book--which you get after you return from your trip. The reservation is switched over to ABD after the initial call--so there is no difference in service or who you talk to. Every little bit helps

Just a thought. . . . :0)

Turtlemom

After our Southwest Splendors trip last year, we got a $100 per guest "loyalty discount". I did not hear anything about a 10% discount.

You can also get an additional "discount" if you are a Costco member and if you book your trip through them. They offer a rebate card for Costco of up to $500 depending on the cost of the trip you book--which you get after you return from your trip. The reservation is switched over to ABD after the initial call--so there is no difference in service or who you talk to. Every little bit helps

Turtlemom

So let me get this right (as I am trying to figure out every possible way to take another ABD next year!)...the Costco "discount" is basically just a $500 gift card to use at Costco, not a true discount taken off the price of the trip? Also, if you book through Costco, can you also take advantage of the early booking discount, if available?

Thanks!

So let me get this right (as I am trying to figure out every possible way to take another ABD next year!)...the Costco "discount" is basically just a $500 gift card to use at Costco, not a true discount taken off the price of the trip? Also, if you book through Costco, can you also take advantage of the early booking discount, if available?

Thanks!
Yes, and yes. (Yes, it's a gift card to Costco, not a discount to the price of the ABD, and yes, you can book with an early booking discount through Costco if they are still available.) You are actually booking with ABD.

Sayhello

Turtlemom

:thanks: We are Costco members but I have not used them for booking trips.

My sister just got back from one of these trips and she loved it. They booked early so they got an early booking discount and they also got a gift card from there planner that was several hundred dollars and some gifts for the kids. They are thinking of doing it again next year but going somewhere else instead.

We booked this ABD that we just returned from through Costco. We had never done that before. We don't have a Costco too close, but it seemed worth it considering the amount the ABD trip costs. We had to join Costco, that is $50. We got an American Express Card through Costco, there is no additional fee for it, as long as you pay the yearly Costco membership.

You call the Costco phone line and they immediately put you through to ABD, so you never really deal with Costco. When you call again for any reason after the initial booking, you can call ABD directly.
We paid for the trip with the American Express card. It pays 2% back in cash on travel.
When we returned there were 2 Costco gift cards waiting for us. It is only to buy stuff at Costco. We have enough money to buy a TV or some other large item or a lifetime supply of paper towels. While it doesn't defray the initial cost of the trip, why not get the money back if you can.
We also got the early booking discount and the $100 guest loyalty discount.

We originally booked through Costco and were set to get the gift cards. When the trip was cancelled and I was having a hard time getting through to reschedule, my TA offered to do it for me. As an incentive to transfer the booking to her, she matched the Costco gift card amount, but in Disney gift cards. This worked better for us anyway, as we have a trip planned to WDW in the fall. Why not pay for one trip with another, after all? :) It's our own version of "free dining!"

I'm just wondering how you all heard about the "loyalty" discount? I just returned a few weeks ago from Ireland and we never heard anything about that. Do they notify you about it or do you just mention it at time of booking your next ABD?

Thanks!

I'm just wondering how you all heard about the "loyalty" discount? I just returned a few weeks ago from Ireland and we never heard anything about that. Do they notify you about it or do you just mention it at time of booking your next ABD?

Thanks!
If I remember correctly, I heard about it here on the DIS, and mentioned it to ABD when I called to book.

Sayhello

I recall getting a letter from Disney after returning from my trip (when exactly "after", I couldn't tell you) telling me about the loyalty discount. Also, when I called to book this year's trip, they offered the discount, so I don't think you necessarily have to be "in the know" to get it.

I recall getting a letter from Disney after returning from my trip (when exactly "after", I couldn't tell you) telling me about the loyalty discount. Also, when I called to book this year's trip, they offered the discount, so I don't think you necessarily have to be "in the know" to get it.

Another question...is the discount per person or per family? Say it is $100 - would that be taken off my fare plus my mom's since we both have done an ABD or just $100 total since we are part of the same family and booking together?

If we are offered any discount's after our trip in August and then do take advantage of it do we have to travel the following year? I will need to bank some vacation time in order to take a 10 day trip so I may not be able to do ABD again until 2011.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter