A Salute To All Things Disney, But Mostly Food - A Feb 15 Dining Report - That's a Wrap 7/18

kastoney

Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm
Welcome one and all to my second disney dining report. For those of you who missed out on my epic previous report - ADRs? We Don't Need No Stinking ADRs - you can make up for that now, by checking it out immediately. For those of you who this is your second time around the block with me and the family, you've made a wise choice ; ) You're in store for more great food, lots and lots of great wine, and of course a healthy dose of sarcasm.

Some quick intro's, here is my crazy family in front of my daughters favorite thing in all the world - what she calls the "rascal door" in the boneyard park at Animal Kingdom.

That's me on the right. My name is Kari and I'm a disney food addict and signature restaurants and copious amounts of wine are my drug. I've tried recovery, but find it best to just feed my addiction at least twice a year.

This was a trip to celebrate my daughter's 4th birthday. Here is a picture from her Sheriff Callie (a disney jr cartoon popular with the under 5 crowd) themed birthday party.

She is a fun and laid back little girl, who loves all things disney but especially those frozen chics and her beloved goofy roller coaster. So what does every 4 year old want to for their birthday besides a trip to disney - well trips to signature restaurants of course ; ) Casey is very patient with indulging Mommy and Daddy's food addiction and understands days at disney belong to her, but nights are all mine baby.

That brings us to my awesome hubby, Jason -

I have no idea what he was doing in this picture, but he is sexy and he knows it. Not only that, but I had the great sense to be a food and wine loving girl who married herself a chef. Jason shares my addiction for all things Disney and is certifiably crazy, so we make a perfect pair.

A few more things to know about us. Our trip was from 22-28 February with a split stay at the Villa's at Wilderness Lodge and the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Our food included Flying Fish, Jiko, Artist Point, Sanaa, Be Our Guest, and several others and plenty of snacks in between. We had a tables in wonderland card that expired on the last day of our trip, and we milked it for all it was worth.

Also note, I'm not your typical disney food planner. I spend my days being uber organized and planning at work, so while at disney we tend to take it a day a time and see where last minute reservation openings and food cravings take us. I made 2 exceptions to that this trip, but for the most part all our ADRs were made day of.

So I think that's all the 4-1-1 you need. Just a word of caution, I am not responsible for calories consumed as a result of reading this report. Bon Appetit!

:bday: I'm in! Enjoyed your last dining report. Can't wait to read more. Happy 4th birthday Casey!

Looking forward to your report - particularly because your title is awesome! :)

Look forward to reading along. My birthday was February 28th I hope she had a wonderful birthday as well

Last edited:
Yessss so glad you started one for this trip - I can't wait to read about your adventures!

Yay! I've been waiting for this! I can't wait to hear how Casey readted to her birthday surprise!

Following! Love the title. I'm a sucker for a good old Pirates and Pals reference ;)

Yay i'm here! Very excited to see what you think of Flying Fish and Artist Point! Love those restaurants so much!

Excited to read your report! We are going that week next year, our first time going in February. I'm interested to hear how it was then!

:bday: I'm in! Enjoyed your last dining report. Can't wait to read more. Happy 4th birthday Casey!

Thanks for thr birthday wishes. This was the first year I let her in on my little secret that your birthday should not just be one day, but a week long celebration.

Looking forward to your report - particularly because your title is awesome! :)
Thanks. Went back and 4th in a couple of titles, but ultimately let my muppet loving husband decide. No surprise on his selection.

Look forward to reading along. My birthday was February 28th I hope she had a wonderful birthday as well
Happy belated birthday to you. Caseys bday was the 21st.

Yessss so glad you started one for this trip - I can't wait to read about your adventures!
Thanks. Just went back and read your dining report. Don't know how I missed it the first time around. Looks like you had some amazing food adventures yourself

Yay! I've been waiting for this! I can't wait to hear how Casey readted to her birthday surprise!
I've bee waiting too ; ) birthday surprise revelation coming up tomorrow.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter