A European Dream - Disney Dream Med 2023 5/20-5/27 - update 11/21

5/15 Phantasialand - Part 1

This day we had big plans. Very close to Cologne is Germany’s second most visited theme park: Phantasialand. (#1 is Europa Park). We had been there last year, even stayed on site in one of their beautifully themed hotels, so we had not planned to return. But then sometime in the spring I got an email from them offering half-price tickets for spring dates if you pre-purchased them. Since tickets aren’t expensive to start with, we figured that 27€ per person would be worth it for even a not full-day visit.

We started the day with the breakfast buffet at the Hyatt that we got with the club lounge access. There were lots of selections, they even had sparkling wine. Lots of different smoked fish, cheeses, meats, cereals, baked goods, they had a very nice omelet station with made-to-order omelettes. We took our time to enjoy the breakfast and then had to rush a bit to make it to our tram.

IMG_7861-XL.jpg

IMG_7863-XL.jpg

I believe breakfast is a meal you sleep through ... or have in West Hollywood at the IHOP at 3 a.m. after a wild night. But this is an exception. Absolutely one of the best spreads, if not the best, I have ever had in Germany ... and they take breakfast very seriously here.

Getting to Phantasialand without a car is a bit convoluted. It is in the nearby town of Brühl and you can go there either by train or by tram. But then you need to take a park shuttle that costs 3 € per person to go the final few miles (the return trip is free). On the tram Michael saw a big store by the publisher Taschen - they do all kind of coffee table books, some of them about pop culture and they have published a few very nice Disney-related ones. So, visiting that store was put on the agenda of things to do the next day. The tram trip was quite eventful. Next to us was a group of three Asian women who had a very big picnic on the tram. And then a lady with the largest dog I have ever seen boarded the tram. The dog was very interested in the picnic foods!

IMG_7872-XL.jpg

IMG_7873-L.jpg

We made it it to Phantasialand at 12:10 pm. The entrance area is kind of a Main Street themed to Berlin of the early 20th century. I do have a bit of qualms about that choice as there really was never a truly romantically nostalgic good time in Berlin that time frame if you look at German history. But then, it’s a theme park and we can dream a little… ;)

IMG_7875-L.jpg

IMG_4333-L.jpg

IMG_4337-L.jpg

IMG_7877-L.jpg

IMG_7878-XL.jpg

Fist stop was a potty break (people who have read previous reports will remember that this is a tradition for the man with the smallest bladder, aka my husband). This lead us through the very beautiful Mexican area with a water ride that we still haven’t been on due to us being chickens and not wanting to get wet.

IMG_4347-L.jpg

IMG_4349-XL.jpg

IMG_4350-XL.jpg

IMG_7882-L.jpg

IMG_4352-XL.jpg

Our first real destination was their African-themed area where there was a new attraction. It was called Deep In Africa Adventure Trail.

IMG_7888-XL.jpg

Here is a map for it:

IMG_4355-L.jpg

And that’s what it was: a trail with climbing, balancing, water spouts, air arrows and ending with a slide. It was a lot of fun, but also challenging and we were quite exhausted afterwards. I think we are a bit too old for it…

YOU THINK?!?! ... Actually, we did this attraction because our good friend, we'll call him Steve, had visited the park before and had done the Camp Discovery Challenge Trails at Shanghai Disneyland and thought this was close to that. If you read our never-finished, epic 2017 Asian Adventure trip (the one where we might have decided to get hitched!), you'd recall that we really wanted to do these, but waited until late afternoon on our final day only to be turned away for wearing open-toed sandals. Anyway, the SDL trails have you attached to a harness like you are going zip-lining. Nothing bad can happen to you. Not so here. There are ropes. There are stones in rushing water. There are ladders. But if you screw up, you risk not just an injury, but a potentially serious one. We got through it just fine. I bumped my head on the slide out. But I will not do it in the future. There's just too much that could go wrong and it's not fun.

The whole Africa area is beautifully themed as well. They even had a meet and greet with the local dragon. They have a dragon for every area as a mascot and you can meet them during different times of the day.

IMG_4359-L.jpg

IMG_4354-L.jpg

IMG_4360-XL.jpg

IMG_7885-XL.jpg

IMG_7886-XL.jpg

IMG_4364-XL.jpg

Since we already were in Africa we decided to go on the coaster there: Black Mamba. In my opinion the best overall coaster in the park. It is an inverted coaster and so smooth. We did it twice since the wait was very short.

We then went to one of the newer areas of the park: Klugheim. It kind of has a Nordic mythical theme.

IMG_4369-L.jpg

IMG_4370-L.jpg

IMG_4371-L.jpg

It is home to two coasters. One family coaster that we found very short and not very exciting the one time we did it and a big coaster with multiple launches: Tarron.

IMG_7891-L.jpg

It is very fast but a bit boring. In a way it is similar to Velocicoaster at Islands of Adventure as it just keeps up the speed the whole time. But the track was just not as fun as there. Part of that might be the constraint in space. Phantasialand is not large at all and since it is next to houses it has strict limits of what they can do there. So, they put this new coaster in the middle of the park and it is just very tight there. We also had a long wait (40 minutes despite aposted 30 minutes) and maybe we were just grumpy because of that.

Taron is a fun ride. But in no way compares to Velocicoaster.

You might have noticed in some of the pictures so far and seen the great amount of stairs everywhere. This theme park is built on a hillside and doesn’t have a lot of space, so everything is very tight and there are stairs everywhere. We have no idea how anyone with a stroller or a wheelchair would navigate this park! In some ways the many different levels make for interesting views and truly add to the theming, but then you are constantly walking up and down stairs - all the time!!! So a word of warning, this park is only for people who are reasonably fit!

After the trail and the coasters I was parched and decided we had to get drinks. Michael was smart and didn’t drink the whole bottle, so he had it for lunch later on.

Our next stop was Mystery Castle, which is an indoor freefall tower.

IMG_4373-XL.jpg

I wasn’t a fan when we went on it the first time we went on it a few years ago, but Michael had decided that he enjoyed it. This time, we both agreed that it was strange and boring. We both remembered there was a cool pre-show with a mad scientist, but this time it was go in, get in your seat, go up in the dark and get dropped. Also, the seats were incredibly tight! But I have to admit that both of us have expanded in width since we were on that ride last, so that might have been on us.

Continued in Part 2

5/15 Phantasialand - Part 2

From there we walked through the Chinese area. This is where we had our direct entrance into the park when we stayed last year at the Hotel Ling Bao. It is a beautiful hotel with an amazing Asian buffet dinner restaurant. The whole area is beautiful and I think it might have been the first truly highly themed area of the park. The interesting factoid about the area is that they had workmen from Taiwan to help build it, so it is truly Chinese.

IMG_7893-XL.jpg

IMG_7894-XL.jpg

We started to look for food options there but noticed that a lot of restaurants were closed. While there we hopped on the Chinese Ghost Riksha ride without a wait. It's kind of a Haunted Mansion themed to Chinese ghosts. It is very cheesey, but has a lot of displays.

IMG_4378-L.jpg

IMG_4381-L.jpg

IMG_4382-L.jpg

In our search for food we found lots of places with very long lines. It somehow seemed busier than last year when we were there in height of the summer. Maybe their ticket offer had worked, we saw lots of groups of young adults and seemed that we heard a lot of Dutch being spoken. Maybe that week had school holidays in the Netherlands?

We ended up with Currywurst at Berlin Place, which is kind of the hub at end of Main Street. This turned out to be a good choice! It was very affordable and tasty and sitting in that area was very nice and relaxing.

IMG_7903-L.jpg

IMG_4340-L.jpg

IMG_7911-XL.jpg

IMG_7912-XL.jpg

IMG_7917-XL.jpg

IMG_7918-XL.jpg

Our next destination was in the Berlin area, we did two rides on Maus au Chocolate.

IMG_7906-L.jpg

This is more or less the same ride system as Toy Story Midway Mania. It is very well themed ride! The story is that a Berlin pastry bakery (Konditorei) has become infested with mice. You are supposed to help the exterminator (a very round man speaking with a very broad Berlin accent) to hunt the mice by shooting whipped cream at them - one pure whipped cream, the other chocolate flavored (so your cream is either white or brown). You travel through different rooms in the bakery (office, storage room, baking room, decoration room, sales room) and hunt for them just as in TSMM. So much fun! I actually like it better than TSMM.

It is better. Much better. There are transitions between the games. The only issue here has nothing to do with the ride. The park in general has stairs everywhere. Walking around is most definitely to the typical fat, lazy American. And if you truly need an ECV to get around, just don't go. Europa Park is much easier to navigate. But they have a huge park and loads of land. PL doesn't.

IMG_7908-L.jpg

IMG_4403-L.jpg

IMG_4404-L.jpg

IMG_4407-L.jpg

IMG_4410-L.jpg

From there we headed to the newest land: Rookburgh.

IMG_4389-L.jpg

IMG_4386-XL.jpg

It is a steam punk land off of Berlin (you enter through a tunnel) and it is home to the newest coaster: FLY.

IMG_4392-L.jpg

The name tells you all: You are flying in this coaster. It is a suspended coaster and when your ride starts your chair is tilted so that your back is parallel to the track and you are looking straight down.

Rookburgh is beautifully themed as well. Lots of fun elements. It is not very large, but still gives you enough to want to explore and take in all the details.

Absolutely. The theming in this land is as high quality or detailed as you will find in any theme park. There is a hotel built into the land that you can only visit if you are staying there. And it is like a steam-punk version of Disney's new office cubicle building/Starcruiser. Rooms are small cabins very intricately themed to this steam-punk era.

IMG_7899-L.jpg

IMG_4395-L.jpg

IMG_7900-L.jpg

IMG_4396-L.jpg

I was very unsure if I wanted to go on FLY as last summer I had found it so painful. Your lower legs are in a harness (similar to Flight of Passage) and I found that it did hurt my shins badly when all my body weight was resting on them. I had hoped that this was just a fluke, but last time I could not wait for the not very long ride to finally be over because I was in so much pain. But I did it again and I am happy to tell you that while it was uncomfortable, it was not painful!

Because you are really flying around the land, everything has to go out of your pockets. You get a wristband with which you can operate a locker and which you need to return to get out of the ride. They were serious and made you go through metal detectors before getting on the ride! And while I was fine with pain, the ride did do a number on my equilibrium. I was totally wobbly afterwards and it took me quite a few minutes standing quietly at a table for the snack bar until I felt up to walking again. As a last ride before heading out we went on the flying swings. This is a ride I always love when it is around and I never had an issue with it. But today it nearly made me a bit queasy. I guess I still wasn’t totally over FLY. Michael had starlight mints candy and they did the job in settling my stomach down.

We then took a very packed shuttle back to the tram stop and then tram back to hotel.

All in all we had a lovely day at Phantasialand. Originally, we had hoped to finally do their big water flume ride, but the weather was cold and we - again - felt like we didn’t want to get wet. Phantasialand really has some beautifully themed areas and we only did a fraction of the attractions that they have. But it is also a park that you can easily do in one day and it is not a park that we want to go to every year.

I have said this before, but you might have forgotten, you're forgiven, but if you want to visit a German theme park resort, you want to visit Europa Park. They would likely push DLP for top spot in Europe if they didn't close from early January until late March. They have six or seven amazing themed resort hotels. They have a new water park that is open all year, even when the theme park goes into hibernation. If you happen to be in Cologne and want a fun place to visit for a day, you go to PL.

Back at the Hyatt we had dinner in the lounge with their offerings for snack hour (Appetizers and one warm dish).

IMG_7919-L.jpg

IMG_7920-L.jpg

IMG_7921-L.jpg

It was very busy there today and we realized that some of the people there seemed to be somehow connected to the Elton John concert. We did not realize how connected. We found that out Tuesday evening when we recognized both the guitarist and the drummer in his band from the lounge!

Where was the SPOILER ALERT?!?!??!

The main dish today was pasta with cheesy beef onion sauce. Michael was happy that it wasn’t lamb like yesterday. But there were also cold appetizers and salad. And they had some very good bread! Oh and two different deserts to choose from. Most of the selection changed from day to day.

They had great wine there. Good coffee. And enough food to avoid restaurants (and we needed to save up for the real vacation ahead), but one thing I found odd and didn't like was lamb was served as the main entree one night and with shrimp and pasta another night. I don't eat any of that (well, except the pasta). I just thought it was weird as many people don't eat lamb. BLECH!!!!

After dinner we had a lazy evening. I made use of bathtub and read for such a long time that Michael had to ask if I was still alive.

Very close to Cologne is Germany’s second most visited theme park: Phantasialand.
I have many happy memories from there from my childhood.
We started the day with the breakfast buffet at the Hyatt that we got with the club lounge access. There were lots of selections, they even had sparkling wine. Lots of different smoked fish, cheeses, meats, cereals, baked goods, they had a very nice omelet station with made-to-order omelettes.
Breakfast looks amazing.
I believe breakfast is a meal you sleep through
That is normally my take on the matter.
On the tram Michael saw a big store by the publisher Taschen - they do all kind of coffee table books, some of them about pop culture and they have published a few very nice Disney-related ones.
I love their stuff, but did not know that they had Disney options, too.
Next to us was a group of three Asian women who had a very big picnic on the tram. And then a lady with the largest dog I have ever seen boarded the tram. The dog was very interested in the picnic foods!
I can imagine that this was entertaining.
lead us through the very beautiful Mexican area with a water ride that we still haven’t been on due to us being chickens and not wanting to get wet.
I am not sure if it is still the same ride, but my first experience of a water ride was at Phantasialand.
There are stones in rushing water. There are ladders. But if you screw up, you risk not just an injury, but a potentially serious one.
I will pass I think.
It is a beautiful hotel with an amazing Asian buffet dinner restaurant.
That sounds like my kind of place.
The interesting factoid about the area is that they had workmen from Taiwan to help build it, so it is truly Chinese.
I would love to see this.
While there we hopped on the Chinese Ghost Riksha ride without a wait. It's kind of a Haunted Mansion themed to Chinese ghosts. It is very cheesey, but has a lot of displays.
That is definitely a ride I would love to experience.
This is more or less the same ride system as Toy Story Midway Mania. It is very well themed ride! The story is that a Berlin pastry bakery (Konditorei) has become infested with mice. You are supposed to help the exterminator (a very round man speaking with a very broad Berlin accent) to hunt the mice by shooting whipped cream at them - one pure whipped cream, the other chocolate flavored (so your cream is either white or brown). You travel through different rooms in the bakery (office, storage room, baking room, decoration room, sales room) and hunt for
That sounds amazing.

I think we may need to plan a trip to Phantasialand. We have direct flights to Cologne and they tend to be really cheap, too.

Corinna

So excited to read your report. I guess I have not checked trip reports in quite a few days, as I have been getting ready for our Med cruise on the 27th. We leave next Wednesday. Loved your photos in post one. I actually started tearing up seeing so many places that we get to visit over the next few weeks. Can’t wait for more!

Welcome! I have to admit that I am following you on Instagram, I will send you a PM there. Don't get surprised if it is from someone with a bizarre username. :rotfl2:

And talking about babies: Congratulations on your grand baby!

Interesting...I'm intrigued, trying to decipher which of the usernames following you could be!

Thank you, since the grandbaby is in Idaho, we don't get to see him a whole lot. Judy made a weeklong trip out there in the spring to get some snuggle-time, and we'll meet up in Hilton Head late-summer.

Thanks for the little review of Phantasialand. I wasn't familiar with it. :thumbsup2

We started the day with the breakfast buffet at the Hyatt that we got with the club lounge access. There were lots of selections, they even had sparkling wine. Lots of different smoked fish, cheeses, meats, cereals, baked goods, they had a very nice omelet station with made-to-order omelettes.
That sounds delicious!
This lead us through the very beautiful Mexican area with a water ride that we still haven’t been on due to us being chickens and not wanting to get wet.
No problem with that. I don't like getting wet in a theme park either.
the SDL trails have you attached to a harness like you are going zip-lining. Nothing bad can happen to you. Not so here.
You've sold me on not doing that one!
So a word of warning, this park is only for people who are reasonably fit!
And maybe you've sold me on NOT visiting this park! :laughing:
We ended up with Currywurst at Berlin Place
I think this is one German delicacy that I might skip. I'm not a fan of the spice curry, and I don't like ketchup on my hot dogs in America, so I don't think I would like it on wurst in Germany.
This is more or less the same ride system as Toy Story Midway Mania. It is very well themed ride! The story is that a Berlin pastry bakery (Konditorei) has become infested with mice. You are supposed to help the exterminator (a very round man speaking with a very broad Berlin accent) to hunt the mice by shooting whipped cream at them - one pure whipped cream, the other chocolate flavored (so your cream is either white or brown). You travel through different rooms in the bakery (office, storage room, baking room, decoration room, sales room) and hunt for them just as in TSMM. So much fun! I actually like it better than TSMM.
That sounds like a very interesting ride.
Because you are really flying around the land, everything has to go out of your pockets. You get a wristband with which you can operate a locker and which you need to return to get out of the ride. They were serious and made you go through metal detectors before getting on the ride! And while I was fine with pain, the ride did do a number on my equilibrium. I was totally wobbly afterwards and it took me quite a few minutes standing quietly at a table for the snack bar until I felt up to walking again.
Sounds a little like the ride in Harry Potter land. I had trouble with that one.
Phantasialand really has some beautifully themed areas and we only did a fraction of the attractions that they have.
It sounded to me like you guys did a whole bunch of rides!
I just thought it was weird as many people don't eat lamb.
I love lamb!

That's an interesting takeout container, and it looks very spicy!
Those are very common in Germany. They are that foamed plastic and then a layer of aluminium foil goes on top and it gets sealed with heat. The big disadvantage is that you cannot reseal it.
OK, thanks for confirming this. I will need to make sure and do that for my visit.
Yes, seat reservations are very helpful on trains, especially if you have luggage. I was going to tell you all about this anyway well before your trip!
I'm just going to book 1st class anyways!
Another thing I was going to suggest. It is more expensive, but is just a tad easier to deal with.
:crazy2: I would be afraid that there would be a diaper breach! :eek:
While a possibility, I have held the babies of my friends so many times and never experienced a diaper breach holding them nor while I was around their babies, so I think the likelihood of only half your train showing up is far bigger than a diaper break! :goodvibes
Nice! All my perks are with Hilton.
I am the Hilton person, but we have done so much Hyatt last year that we have all those perks, so that keeps us doing Hyatt this year to use them - and try to maintain Michael's status. That's how they get you! :rolleyes1
That looks like it could have made a full meal!
It could have! And as you read on day 2, there it did. To be honest, the massive breakfast and the lounge access saved us so much money that would have been spent on food otherwise!

I definitely made progress. Pretty much everything is done apart from the packing and that is about 80% complete. I just need to add a couple of things to the suitcase and sort out the hand luggage and personal item. I think this should be doable in about 10 hours.
That's always a great stage to be at 10 hours before departure!
I think we had to change at Köln Deutz, when we came back from Nürnberg on our pandemic tour of Germany in 2020.
That's very possible. I totally don't remember that you went to Düsseldorf back then. But I do have very fond memories of spending lots of time at Eiscafe Sirena with you and Graham!! :goodvibes

I have many happy memories from there from my childhood.
Oh, I didn't even think about that, but I can see that you grew up close enough for it being the big "local" amusement park!
Breakfast looks amazing.
It was! There was a whole special fish and cheese room - I think because of the big windows it can get a bit warm in the restaurant and that room was especially air conditioned to keep everything cold fresh.
I love their stuff, but did not know that they had Disney options, too.
Yes, some amazing books!
https://www.taschen.com/en/books/popculture/01172/walt-disney-s-disneyland/
https://www.taschen.com/en/books/co...-s-mickey-mouse-the-ultimate-history-40th-ed/

I am not sure if it is still the same ride, but my first experience of a water ride was at Phantasialand.
I could imagine it is still the same. I have a friend who grew up in Cologne and I think she talks about riding that ride in her childhood, too.
That sounds like my kind of place.
Ling Bao is truly an amazingly themed hotel. They have another one in the Africa area called Hotel Matamba that looks beautiful, too. It has a Central Africa theme. And then the Charles Lindbergh Hotel inside the Rookburgh area which looks great, but also very uncomfortable!
That is definitely a ride I would love to experience.
Yes, anyone who appreciates classic dark rides would like this!
I think we may need to plan a trip to Phantasialand. We have direct flights to Cologne and they tend to be really cheap, too.
Great idea! Especially if flights are affordable.

So excited to read your report. I guess I have not checked trip reports in quite a few days, as I have been getting ready for our Med cruise on the 27th. We leave next Wednesday. Loved your photos in post one. I actually started tearing up seeing so many places that we get to visit over the next few weeks. Can’t wait for more!
:welcome:

The trip report section seems to have become so quiet in the last year or so... But currently it seems to become more active again, which is great!

I hope you have an amazing cruise! I don't think I will get this report cover any of the cruise ports before you leave on Wednesday, we are still 5 days away from boarding the ship! But I think reading about our experiences will still be interesting when you get to compare it with your own experiences in these ports! My only tip that you need to know before you leave would be: if you plan on going into Rome on yourself, do suck it up and pay 6€ per person to take the direct shuttle to the train station! It's highway robbery, but their operations are so structured that they make sure you miss your train if you don't pay their ridiculous prices.

Interesting...I'm intrigued, trying to decipher which of the usernames following you could be!
I sent you a message there now, so you should know. :cool2:
Thank you, since the grandbaby is in Idaho, we don't get to see him a whole lot. Judy made a weeklong trip out there in the spring to get some snuggle-time, and we'll meet up in Hilton Head late-summer.
I remember how much you enjoyed Hilton Head. We really need to try to get there at some point, it seems such a lovely resort!
Thanks for the little review of Phantasialand. I wasn't familiar with it. :thumbsup2
It's really just a regional park, but I love how good they are at theming their newer areas. You can see how much Disneyland Paris changed the ambitions amongst the European Parks.

That sounds delicious!
German hotel breakfast buffets are usually very good. This was top tier though.
No problem with that. I don't like getting wet in a theme park either.
I don't mind it if it is hot and I am staying at a theme park hotel and can go back quickly.
You've sold me on not doing that one!
Yes, I can see that...
And maybe you've sold me on NOT visiting this park! :laughing:
:rotfl2:I think there are plenty of destinations for you to see in Germany before we would suggest that park...
I think this is one German delicacy that I might skip. I'm not a fan of the spice curry, and I don't like ketchup on my hot dogs in America, so I don't think I would like it on wurst in Germany.
Well, Michael hates ketchup on hot dogs, but likes Currywurst. The sausage ist more like a brat than a hot dog. And while the sauce is kind of ketchup based, it is not just ketchup, there is more to it. But the not liking curry spice might be the deal breaker. The place to try it would be Berlin and there it is a cheap snack, so you could always just have a bite without taking a big commitment like a 5 course meal for 150$.
That sounds like a very interesting ride.
It's a really great ride!
Sounds a little like the ride in Harry Potter land. I had trouble with that one.
Different ride system, but I can see how this would be able to do a similar number on people!
It sounded to me like you guys did a whole bunch of rides!
Yes, we hit all of our favourites, but there are actually quite a lot more rides, some that we really like and some totally bizarre ones.
I love lamb!
So do I! Some people are just picky...

:welcome:

The trip report section seems to have become so quiet in the last year or so... But currently it seems to become more active again, which is great!

I hope you have an amazing cruise! I don't think I will get this report cover any of the cruise ports before you leave on Wednesday, we are still 5 days away from boarding the ship! But I think reading about our experiences will still be interesting when you get to compare it with your own experiences in these ports! My only tip that you need to know before you leave would be: if you plan on going into Rome on yourself, do suck it up and pay 6€ per person to take the direct shuttle to the train station! It's highway robbery, but their operations are so structured that they make sure you miss your train if you don't pay their ridiculous prices.
Thank you so much! Yes, nice to see people writing reports on their cruises again. We actually leave from Rome, and we arrive 4 days prior to the cruise. Lots of time to explore. We did the crazy, see everything you can in one day port adventure when we were there in 2010. In 2013 we took the shuttle to the train station, and then our train was delayed many times and then cancelled. Just made it another sea day.

I sent you a message there now, so you should know. :cool2:

I was surprised! You hid your identity well!

I remember how much you enjoyed Hilton Head. We really need to try to get there at some point, it seems such a lovely resort!

It's completely different than a trip to Disney World. Much less hustling and much more relaxin'! Whether it would suit you depends upon what you're looking for from your vacation.

Looking forward to reading the rest of this trip report.

What are queues like in europa? I'd really like to go (and stay in the wild West bit) but after visiting guardaland in September and hating it mainly due to crowds and long wait times I'm a bit scared of all non disney parks.

Thank you so much! Yes, nice to see people writing reports on their cruises again. We actually leave from Rome, and we arrive 4 days prior to the cruise. Lots of time to explore. We did the crazy, see everything you can in one day port adventure when we were there in 2010. In 2013 we took the shuttle to the train station, and then our train was delayed many times and then cancelled. Just made it another sea day.
I guess you are currently enjoying your cruise! Hope Rome was great. 4 days to explore makes a lot of sense.

Michael and I talked about how the cruise in many places left us with the wish to return and actually enjoy the place for longer. I do think a city break to Rome will be in our future...

It's completely different than a trip to Disney World. Much less hustling and much more relaxin'! Whether it would suit you depends upon what you're looking for from your vacation.
We do love Vero Beach - and even Aulani - for that far more relaxed vacation feeling. So I think Hilton Head would be a great fit for us. Michael actually was there before we meat once for Thanksgiving on a very great cash rate discount. He loved it then, so I think in summer it would be even better.

I absolutely love discovering new places too! Last summer, I traveled across Germany and had a blast exploring different cities.It's awesome that you're sharing your experiences and keeping them more focused on your personal adventures. Sometimes, the little details make the best stories. And hey, if anyone wants specific info, they can always ask, right?
I must say, your itinerary sounds amazing! From the picturesque cities in Germany to the Mediterranean cruise and the add-ons, you've got quite the adventure planned. I totally get the excitement of finally seeing Elton John live after all those rescheduled dates. It's crazy how life throws unexpected twists, but hey, it makes the journey even more memorable.
And kudos to you for adding train travel into the mix. During my trip to Germany, locals suggested a helpful website for booking train tickets (https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/). It's always nice to have options when it comes to getting around.
Welcome to the trip report! It's great to hear that you enjoyed travelling through Germany by train. While I often complain, I still think the trains are a great way to travel, I just wish they would be more reliable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter