A Daily Lesson in Parenting and Manners: A TR by a real life Wicked Stepmom!

Yay!! So glad to see you're back...and I totally understand the migrane/sneezing/nosebleed deal. I had a bf that once refered to it as "the pink spray". Very lovely. Can't wait to read the rest of your trip report, and hopefully a little pre-trippie? Maybe? Yes??:woohoo:

Thanks for the update, MissCammie! So glad to see you back. Like everyone else, sorry about the migraine part.

Welcome back!!:goodvibes

Glad to see you got some rest and meds before your ADR's for that night. Can't wait to hear about them popcorn:: !

I get a bad migraine once a month and I hate it. Once I was shopping in BJ's and the lights were so bright that I had to keep my head down. When I got to the register, I must have looked really bad and the cashier asked if I was okay. I was in so much pain, I broke down and started to cry! So embarassing!

Last time DD was in Disney (August '06), we had to stuff her full of children's Tylenol b/c the heat and the sun were giving her really bad headaches!

My condolences to your family on the passing of Jay's grandma:hug: .

:cool1: an update from miss Cammie!

:grouphug: on Jays grandma's passing and Sally's illness.

Hope you'll be able to finish before your next venture.

I'm onto you, yah know. I know you faked that nosebleed just so you didn't have to get wet. I'm still trying to figure out how you managed to do that, but I just KNOW you did! ;)

A free diet coke in Disney? Will wonders never cease, lol. I'm with Heather, it is awfully convenient that you got a nosebleed and a migraine right when you were about to get wet! J/K, hope things are looking up for you and your family.:hug:

WHAT?! I can't hear y'all...at all.

*ahem*

:confused3

;)

So was that lady just hollering at everyone in line that she was next??!! That behavior sounds a little nutso to me!

Glad you enjoyed the Drive in and sorry to hear about the migraine. I used to get those in college and it made life so difficult. Everything had to halt when one came on and I had to hole up in the dormer (former sorority chick) until it went away. And then after the pain was gone, there would be this 'ghost of the pain' that would hang around for a few more hours! Blech!

Thanks for continuing!:lovestruc

Your migraine description was SPOT ON!!! As a sorority house livin girl myself (Alpha Phi) :cool1: I know how difficult it is to get the quiet needed to combat the pain!!! The "ghost pain" was almost worse b/c it made me anxious thinking another one was on the way!!

THANKS everyone for the kind words and support! You are a much loved bunch and I've missed y'all so much!!!

hope to have this done ASAP...of course I've said that before so I guess HOPE will be the operative word!! :goodvibes

MissCammie, Had to reply. I too am a wicked step mom and boy can I relate to your troubles. I am hoping a pre trip is coming. I will be there in Sept. Good luck!! Thanks for the entertainment!popcorn::

I think the CM sensed my desperation and impending break down b/c she suddenly said,

“Oh you have an anniversary button! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FROM DISNEY!!”

She then handed me that lovely ice cold bottle of Diet Coke.

:sad:

I thanked her profusely. I told her that I would call my husband and have him pay her on his way out. She waved me away and said it was “on the Mouse”.

:lmao:

I swear, The Happiest Place on Earth is just that!

Thanks to Courtney!!!:goodvibes

I had tears swell.....:rolleyes1

"There's no place like Disney", "There's no place like Disney", "There's no place like Disney".....:wizard:

I just found this TR and it too 3 days, but I am all caught up. WHEW! So since I am so devoted *ahem* could you finish this and start a pre-trip report for your upcoming trip. Thank you! popcorn::

wooHOO!! MissCammie has returned! So glad to see that you are okay. My prayers are with Jay and family. Im all strapped in and my hands will remain inside the vehicle at all times as this ride gets started again:yay: Great update!

So sorry to hear about your nosebleed and migraine. It's the little things like a free diet coke that can pull you through--glad the CM felt your pain and helped you out. I noticed your vacation countdown for August--looks like we'll be in the world around the same time. I can't wait to read the rest of your report.

We'll be at WDW August 24 - 30 so it looks like our trips will coincide! Free Dining RULZ!! :banana: If we should happen to see you would you mind if we said "Hello" ?

Just a little beyond the Kidcot station I saw Mulan AND Mushu!!! And since I am a major Disney DORK, I happen to know that Mushu isn't all that common a character to find out and about!! Now I was the one bouncing around in my flip flops. The line wasn't very long...yet...but people were starting to descend!

I gave Jay a smack on the arm.

"HONEY LOOK!!! It's MUSHU!!!"

"who?"

"MUSHU...from Mulan...y'know...MUSHU!!"

"you can say it ten more times and I'm STILL going to think you are talking about a food stand..."

isn't my husband SO funny...

:rolleyes:

I gave his toe a little stomp...to get his attention only of course...

*ahem*

"Honey...it's the dragon...Eddie Murphy did the voice...from the movie Mulan..."

Jay gave me a very patient and condescending look...

"Cam, that movie is called Shrek...and it's a Donkey...not a Dragon..."

:rolleyes:

QUACK!

"HUSBAND, get your children OVER HERE so that they can have their pictures taken with Mulan and Mushu. They will NEVER forgive you EVER for missing this opportunity. And they will talk about you in therapy for YEARS as the reason for their lackluster lives all because their father felt it was MORE important to TEASE his wife than to give them this wonderful Disney moment!"

Jay applauded and pretended to hand me an Oscar for Best Dramatic performance...

ha. ha...haha...ha.

The kids came scampering over on their own. Teddy was thrilled to have "CHINA WRITING" on his mask.

I grandly pointed out Mulan and Mushu and waited for their excited squeals.

Teddy gave me a blank look and said,

"Who's Mushu?"

:headache:

FINE...nobody recognize how thrilling this is...see if I even CARE...because I don't. At all.

Sally patted my arm and said "Is Mushu a bug MissCammie?"

*sigh*

I actually have to remember that the kids were really young and/or not born when Mulan came out. I know they've seen it, but if I recall Sally found it "scary"...and that was when she was three.

even SO...being the Disney Dork signature seeking weirdo that I am...I was excited...SO THERE!

The kids got in line and waited for their pictures and signatures.

Here it is...a moment of a LIFETIME!!
100_1285.jpg

Sally later dubbed this "the picture with the China doll and the Red Bug"...

*sigh*

I just found this trip report yesterday - all I have to say is that it's a good thing that I am "the boss" because I probably would have been "counseled" many times by now since I am studiously ignoring the pile of work on my desk !

I love the Mushu meet ! My husbands favorite character is Mushu (my husband is 6'3", about 245, hardly looks like the Disney character-loving type). He has a toy Mushu hanging over the visor in his car that we got in a Happy Meal about 10 years ago, and I shudder to think what will happen on the day it comes up missing . . . :scared: We make sure to seek him out every time we go, that's the one photo op that he won't miss no matter what . . . .

Ms. Cammie, I just dicovered your TR. popcorn:: This makes for a WAY more interesting beach read than Danielle Steele. (Not that I would fry my brain with that stuff anyway;) ) I've only read up to ch 13, thank goodness, or I would be going through withdrawl. My HOT Friday night plans? Getting all caught up of course! :woohoo: Thanks for sharing!!

:yay: for Miss Cammie! Hope that you all have a very relaxing weekend so that you have lots of free time to catch us up on this TR before your next trip! :)

:love: and :grouphug: to you and the rest of the CampbellScots :)

Oh my! I feel for you girl. I too get the migraines as well as those pesty nose bleeds. They are a nuisance aren't they.

Teddy and Jay arrived soon after. Teddy looked MUCH better. He's very handsome in red!

Teddy loves Stitch. Sally says it's b/c they are both gross. She could be right. Stitch is very little boy friendly...which is why Teddy was so excited when he spotted Stitch's ride.

Stitch's Great Escape. Quite possibly the most FOUL ride...ever...in existence. I was so incredibly grossed out last summer at being BURPED on...and SPIT on. I'm gagging now just thinking of it.

But Teddy wanted to go on it so badly. I was more than willing to let him...and Jay go on it...

The child read my mind though.

"MissCammie I want us ALL to go on the ride...like a family...together"

He knew I was about to suggest that he and Daddy go on it.

Jay laughed b/c he knew I was caught.

*sigh*

Well...they know I have a touchy gag reflex...so if I barf on someone...so be it...

Sally was giving me a very serious look. She DISTINCTLY remembered MissCammie talking about a ride that was so WRONG and so GROSS that I wasn't sure I would ever recover...or something dramatic like that.

"MissCammie...is this the gross ride? Is it?"

"Well kiddo, it's Stitch. I suppose we should all experience it..."

So we got into line...and we were herded through the queue and the preshow and then LOCKED into those horrible chairs.

Sally did NOT like this.

"MissCammie, this is heavy. We aren't moving are we? Why is this so heavy?"

I just smiled at her.

The ride was as gross as I remembered. Stitch's hot stinky chili breath burp right in our faces. Being spit on. But I was able to contain the gag reflex b/c I knew it was going to happen.

Sally did not know this was going to happen...she was beside herself. It was a little funny. She had her hand clamped over her mouth and nose. The look in her eyes was death to Stitch.

Teddy had a blast. He LOVED it. He wanted to go on it again. RIGHT NOW!

"Stitch URPED and BURPED!! That was SO COOL!!!" I don't really know what Teddy thought an "urp" was...but he found it terribly amusing!

Sally didn't say a word until we got outside. She kept her hands clamped over her mouth and nose until we got into the fresh air.

Jay asked her what she thought.

She whipped around and looked her daddy in the eye.

"THAT was BATHROOM HUMOR. And it was GROSS and DISGUSTING and I can't EVEN BELIEVE that Mickey would be friends with such a GROSS ALIEN. HE BURPED IN MY FACE!!!!!"

Oh my gosh I died. She was so offended by Stitch she was shaking with it. She stomped over to the kid transporter and sat down with a huff.

Poor Sally. :rotfl:

Wow...it had been an adventurous first half of the day!

It was barely 1 o'clock!

up next: Another foul smell befalls us...

OMG -- this is the best trip report ever!!! I have been reading this straight through, despite a migraine alternately laughing, crying or nodding my head in agreement, but this chapter did it -- laughing until I cried so hard I almost dropped my laptop! Did I mention you made me snort -- and I don't snort, it's not ladylike (I too have manners issues!) I was thinking about writing a trip report about our 4th of July trip but there is no way I could even come close to this!!! Sally's right, btw, Stitch is the grossest ride ever!

I'd love to eat at the Sci-Fi on our next trip! Although Lydia is already planning an outfit for Prime Time... Could you do a poodle skirt at sci-fi??? That shake looked YUMMY!!! I just adore shakes!!!

I can't believe the lady with the cell phone!!! GEESH! What did she expect, for everyone to just wait to use the dressing rooms until she was done with her phone call?? :confused3

You poor thing getting a nosebleed and a migrain! :hug: What a great hubby you have telling you to go back to the room. Although leaving a guy in charge of two kids near water scares the bajeebers out of me!

I'm glad you got your Diet Coke and started feeling better!!!

I think Brian and I should take a 20th anniversary trip to Disney in August, just to get free pop! ;) (That's soda to all you non Michiganders!)

And, glad to have you back MissCammie!!! Don't forget us Disboutiquers, we've been missing you over there!

OH MY GOSH! You are back with another update! YAY! The shakes have gone away...withdrawal from this TR can produce such bad sypmtoms!:rotfl: But I am better now...You are terrific...you have us laughing one minute and crying another...Cannot wait for more...Wait you are going in August, yes? OOOOOOOOOOOOH another trip report from CS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!:banana:
Thanks for feeding our starving souls with such gourmet writings! LOVE YOUR TR!

arial...wait that's a font...ARIEL, there, THAT is a mermaid! hehehe

MissCammie, I have to say that you are a special lady. I too came from a divorced family - very ugly and I so connect with those kids. They sound like such sweeties. All my prayers for you, Jay, SallyRally and Teddybear. :grouphug:

I've read all the TP so far and you had me laughing and crying - even when you said you were crying when writing the report LOL!! :rotfl2:

Can't wait for the next Chapter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter