8 week infant?

Crazy old Maurice

Earning My Ears
Delurking...

We have been to WDW the last few years, we ususally go in 2nd week of June. We have a DD-3 yo and DD 15mo now, and am expecting our third in June, so of course cannot go. We could possibly go in August (like 2nd week) and i was wondering if anyone here has brought a young infant before? (And if so, any tips would be helpful). The new baby would be about 7-9 weeks old (depending on birthdate) We have been enough times where we do the parks extremely lesiurely, leave by like 11 am back at 5 ish, nap,eat and swim in between. We have no problem skipping things and taking our time. I just didn't know if I was undertaking something I would regret...but I don't want to skip the trip this year!!!:D you know? Opinions?

Thank you!

Jen

I leave in 12 days with a 10 week old! I will be sure to post a trip report when we get back!

Take advantage of the baby centers in each of the 4 parks, they are absolutely wonderful!

I just posted a similar message for another DISer :)

As long as you pack everything you'll need for your stay, taking advantage of the baby centers makes being in the parks so easy. They have CLEAN cushy changing tables,special rooms for mom's to nurse (for BF'ng moms),a kitchen w/microwave free of charge to heat or make bottles & food,a room w/high chairs for the older babies to eat and they also sell supplies (diapers,formula,food) incase you find you need anything and have forgotten it or ran out.

We went to Disney with our ds for a 2wk stay in Jan. of 2001 when he was just 7 mos. and the baby centers made everything so easy. So have fun and enjoy!!

We took our youngest when he was 4 weeks old. It was one of the easier trips we've take to WDW. Just take it easy and have everything you need with you. We found that the stores on property were expensive (of course). Also, I remember having to go to a Publix for formula because the store at FW didn't carry it.

I would go for it! I have wonderful pictures of Mickey holding my DS. The characters really paid special attention to us. They were attentive to my other two children as well as the baby which was nice.

We went last year when our youngest was about the same age. It was a great trip! If you are breast feeding try to use the dark rides and shows with air! I would also bring very light blankies and shirts that cover you without having to cover up baby! Drinking hot milk in 100 degree heat under a blankie is no fun for baby! If you use formula the parks only carry Carnation so bring a bunch. I used platex and found them clean and easy in the parks. I want into more detail on a similar thred. I would get the baby used to room temp formula For ease and heat issues! Most of all bring a reclining stroller! All 4 of our kids had fun last year and I was glad we went on our trip . We stayed at Contemp. and loved the walkway(no lines at close and no melt downs!) and the open all night pool... Great for the older sibs and DDad to get out of the room. Or for you to take a break while they are sleeping!Have a great trip!:D

All of you thank you for the replies! I really appreciate hearing everyone's positive thoughts and that I'm really not (that) crazy after all. Eeyore, I will be anxously awaiting the trip report. Thank you everyone for all the ideas too.

Jen

I always say this, but I'll say it again, LOL! Bring a baby bjorn or similar soft carrier for places where you can't bring a stroller. You can stick it in the bottom of the stroller when you aren't using it. There are so many places where you can't bring a stroller - all the rides, waiting on line, in the entire land pavillion. I'm sure you know since you have other little ones.

Also, I don't know if it's possible, but going in the Fall might be better, when it's not so hot.

I only wish we could go in fall. My husband is a teacher and a football coach so it is out of the question, unfortunately. We're pretty limited on when we can go, usually June works out for us nicely, but not this year! The only other time we could possibly pull off is like Dec 18-24--we're dying to see WDW decorated. What do you guys think about that time of year, crowd, weather and hours-wise with a then 4 year old, 2 year old and approximately 6 month old? Actually that's sounding pretty nice now that I'm thinking about it.......:)

Baby carrier idea is great, I think I can borrow one from one of my girlfriends hopefully.

Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter