2042 end dates?

Could Disney put all the 2042s in the trust after they expire?
I have not read the trust language yet.
Yes. They can add any property they want that they own. Assuming that Disney approves a new ground lease…the buildings csn technically go right in, as is, for sue.

Now, I do think they willl renovate them to sell new use…but, this could give them a temporary way to deal with the expiring resorts.

But, who knows what they have up their sleeve…and maybe they have t even started on any serious discussion yet.

Yes. They can add any property they want that they own. Assuming that Disney approves a new ground lease…the buildings csn technically go right in, as is, for sue.

Now, I do think they willl renovate them to sell new use…but, this could give them a temporary way to deal with the expiring resorts.

But, who knows what they have up their sleeve…and maybe they have t even started on any serious discussion yet.
Did I read that the entire resort has to be put in the trust?
Or can it be by units/phases?

I am thinking about the 2042s.

Did I read that the entire resort has to be put in the trust?
Or can it be by units/phases?

I am thinking about the 2042s.

They can declare whatever property they want…it doesn’t have to be an entire resort…they just have to define and own the units that go in.

Once we get to expiration, the entire complex reverts to Disney…they won’t be DVC anymore…so they can decide what and how to do things.

One thing I wonder is if they would consider closing BW hotel, renovate that into DVC and have it ready to open once BWV expires….I see lots of options for them….

Or, maybe they do shut down some of YC to be DVC to open while they renovate the others.

They can declare whatever property they want…it doesn’t have to be an entire resort…they just have to define and own the units that go in.

Once we get to expiration, the entire complex reverts to Disney…they won’t be DVC anymore…so they can decide what and how to do things.

One thing I wonder is if they would consider closing BW hotel, renovate that into DVC and have it ready to open once BWV expires….I see lots of options for them….

Or, maybe they do shut down some of YC to be DVC to open while they renovate the others.
I think the trust gives the 2042 resorts a second chance, whether at WDW or off site.

I think Disney will keep VB and HHI in DVC if they go the trust route in 2042.

Definitely doesn't make sense (for them), those will be gold in 2042!!

Can you explain why 2042 deeds will be gold in 2042? Despite preferring BWV to anywhere else, I'm apprehensive about buying one because of the unknowns and the potential that they are actually worthless in 2042 (I not-so-secretly hope that the late 2030s/early 2040s are prime grandchildren years for my younger children :)). Hoping you can help me see it differently. TIA!

I think the trust gives the 2042 resorts a second chance, whether at WDW or off site.

I think Disney will keep VB and HHI in DVC if they go the trust route in 2042.

I can see that too because I do believe the shift for all future new resorts could very well be sold via the RTU trust model.

I can see that too because I do believe the shift for all future new resorts could very well be sold via the RTU trust model.
Makes sense.

Plus as Disney gets the 2042 resorts back from foreclosures, they can hold the points until they get a full unit to drop into the trust.

DVC could technically start putting 2042s into the trust as they gain entire units before 2042.

I think DVC will want to retain the "east coast beach resorts" as an option for east coasters in the trust. Same as Aulani for the west coast population and everybody else.

Makes sense.

Plus as Disney gets the 2042 resorts back from foreclosures, they can hold the points until they get a full unit to drop into the trust.

DVC could technically start putting 2042s into the trust as they gain entire units before 2042.

I think DVC will want to retain the "east coast beach resorts" as an option for east coasters in the trust. Same as Aulani for the west coast population and everybody else.

And if the rumors prove true that Reflecitons will be resurrected with the Cabins to be part of it, it would put that into the trust model.

Last edited:
And if the rumors prove true that Reflecitons will be resurrected with the Cabins to be part of it, it would put that into the trust model.

It will be interesting to see if there will be only one trust overall or several separate trusts, that might each have their own 11 months booking window and an overall shared 7 months booking window. I could see Reflections joining the Cabins in one trust and BCV, BWV joining another trust, maybe?

For the cabins, the benefit of (any kind of) trust is obvious: you could sell points to this trust (which would have obviously more points than Reflections by itself) to both groups: people interested in Reflections (of which I assume there would be more) and people interested in the cabins. For DVD, the 'cabins problem' (if there is one) would go away immediately (think PVB bungalows).

It will be interesting to see if there will be only one trust overall or several separate trusts, that might each have their own 11 months booking window and an overall shared 7 months booking window. I could see Reflections joining the Cabins in one trust and BCV, BWV joining another trust, maybe?

For the cabins, the benefit of (any kind of) trust is obvious: you could sell points to this trust (which would have obviously more points than Reflections by itself) to both groups: people interested in Reflections (of which I assume there would be more) and people interested in the cabins. For DVD, the 'cabins problem' (if there is one) would go away immediately (think PVB bungalows).

They set this trust up that allows them to create more than one RTU plan within it, so they won’t need a new trust, They can add different component sites and set up the rules to trade in different way among trust properties and non trust properties via BVTC.

I think they have set the stage to roll new properties in in the future.

They set this trust up that allows them to create more than one RTU plan within it, so they won’t need a new trust, They can add different component sites and set up the rules to trade in different way among trust properties and non trust properties via BVTC.

I think they have set the stage to roll new properties in in the future.
So I should have phrased it differently. I care less about the legal structure and more about how they combine resorts. So which properties would effectively be sold together and share a booking window. It doesn’t make much difference to me whether this is done via separate legal entities or just different RTU plans within one.

So I should have phrased it differently. I care less about the legal structure and more about how they combine resorts. So which properties would effectively be sold together and share a booking window. It doesn’t make much difference to me whether this is done via separate legal entities or just different RTU plans within one.

Yes, that would be interesting, I could see them doing a BWV/BCV RTU plan very propylaea down the road! Add in YC and it’s a winner!

Can you explain why 2042 deeds will be gold in 2042? Despite preferring BWV to anywhere else, I'm apprehensive about buying one because of the unknowns and the potential that they are actually worthless in 2042 (I not-so-secretly hope that the late 2030s/early 2040s are prime grandchildren years for my younger children :)). Hoping you can help me see it differently. TIA!
I think it is a near certainly that a BWV contract will be worthless in 2042. It seems incredibly unlikely to me that they will find a way to extend them, or even try. I don't see the business case for it.

I think I read the minimum for FL timeshare law is 40 years?
So OKW, VB, BWV, BRV, and BCV all have at least a minimum of 40 years.

Not sure that SC timeshare law has the same requirement for HHI.

But why did Disney choose 6 resorts to expire in 2042?!?

That is alot of points and resorts they will have to deal with at one time...unless they all go into the trust?
That makes sense, BCV opened in 2002, i was thinking it was 2006... it seems weird to have that big of a difference in contract length, but as someone said earlier, they didn't know then that there would be 10+ more coming.

Not the deeds & not gold for us, but the rooms will be gold for them... to start the polnt chart over, rather than be renting those rooms at 9pts.
That's why those rooms are gold for us now ;)

I think it is a near certainly that a BWV contract will be worthless in 2042. It seems incredibly unlikely to me that they will find a way to extend them, or even try. I don't see the business case for it.
Definitely will have zero value in 2042... except maybe a possible incentive for owners to buy into the new one.

After all that went wrong with OKV extensions, I think we can safely say with almost near certainty that extensions will never be offered again at another DVC resort.
I'm totally new to DVC land, what went wrong with the OKV extensions? Is there a write up or good article about it somewhere?

I’ve mentioned this before but I think the situation isn’t that bad. They have more points for sale now than they have expiring in 2042, assuming they close VB and HHI. OKW was extended, BRV and BCV are relatively small, and BWV is, in my opinion, likely to be torn down and replaced, or at least extensively renovated. The rooms are too small, the layout is far from ideal, there’s no indoor dining access, and they could fit meaningfully more rooms there if they redid it. That would put it into like 2045ish?

Agreed. Especially if they divest from the beach resorts. Which I think they have to or relaunch into a trust based model. BRV/BCV will go exceptionally quickly.

The actual problem dates are 2054-2057. You’ll have SSR leading directly into both OKW and AKV. All three are massive and aren’t considered massively desirable. No shade to DAK but it’s getting mid tier pricing on the brokers. That could be improved with new transport though.

I kept saying on the other forum there is a natural stop date to new DVC builds, but they’ll actually need more products built in the 2046-53 timeframe. Even if Boardwalk expands.

Agreed. Especially if they divest from the beach resorts. Which I think they have to or relaunch into a trust based model. BRV/BCV will go exceptionally quickly.

The actual problem dates are 2054-2057. You’ll have SSR leading directly into both OKW and AKV. All three are massive and aren’t considered massively desirable. No shade to DAK but it’s getting mid tier pricing on the brokers. That could be improved with new transport though.

I kept saying on the other forum there is a natural stop date to new DVC builds, but they’ll actually need more products built in the 2046-53 timeframe. Even if Boardwalk expands.
I can’t imagine SSR exists in anything remotely resembling its current form past 2054. Or OKW past 2057.

Not the deeds & not gold for us, but the rooms will be gold for them... to start the polnt chart over, rather than be renting those rooms at 9pts.
That's why those rooms are gold for us now ;)

Thanks for confirming what I hoped you wouldn't confirm lol.

Are they prohibited from changing points charts until deeds expire? Or is it just more of an unspoken truth? I've never read the paperwork that closely, nor would I even know where to look to do so. Worst owner ever right here ✋

Thanks for confirming what I hoped you wouldn't confirm lol.

Are they prohibited from changing points charts until deeds expire? Or is it just more of an unspoken truth? I've never read the paperwork that closely, nor would I even know where to look to do so. Worst owner ever right here ✋
They can adjust point charts to meet supply and demand, but the total points sold for the resort can not change.

So, they can make some nights more, but others have to be less. With a new resort, they can set the rates at what they want and then get the total that way.

New DISboards Posts

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest