2024 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Information and Planning Thread

I am at a loss for words. What a disappointment Communicore Hall is. I had held judgment thinking maybe without a festival we couldn't see the vision and it would wind up surprising us. If this is what they envisioned, they need glasses. And a new career. And it took 5 years????????? :faint: I'm so sad for my favorite park and formerly favorite festival.

Since we're reminiscing about the ghost of the F&WF past... This is not related to Communicore Hall but I would love to experience the breakfast at Chefs de France they used to offer during the festival. And now that the France pavilion is (seemingly) operating like it was before COVID, I feel like this would be an easy, cheap thing for Disney to bring back that would generate money for them so IDK why it hasn't been brought back yet.

Looking at the first videos to come out since I was too distracted by life to check out the menus when they came out, and I am honestly so disappointed by them as an allergy guest. I can’t remember ever seeing so many festival dishes with random tree nuts in them, I counted at least 2 entire booths that just have nothing safe for me to eat. It’s really disheartening and tbh I don’t think we’ll bother with more than one day at F&W.

I'll admit - I'd love to experience the tastings and demos that happened pre-Covid at F&W. I'll still hope that someday, some form of that will return.

Thankfully, my visit to F&W this year coincides with the Swan/Dolphin Food and Wine event...so my daughter and I bought tickets for that. We're looking forward to that in addition to our Epcot days.
I go home on the morning of the 15th... waaahhhh! :( Maybe I'll look at airfare for the 16th.

I haven’t seen this mentioned or I didn’t pay attention but America is doing the eats to the beats concert package again

I haven’t seen this mentioned or I didn’t pay attention but America is doing the eats to the beats concert package again
Thanks for the reminder.

Info on the dining packages is listed on page 1 of this thread.

Happy Labor Day!

Anyone have a PDF of the festival map? Or high quality image that shows both the booth numbers on the map and the key? Having trouble finding an image I can zoom into online. TIA!

Anyone have a PDF of the festival map? Or high quality image that shows both the booth numbers on the map and the key? Having trouble finding an image I can zoom into online. TIA!

For last year's festival, I found one through Disney Food Blog that was useful. I haven't looked there for this year's yet, but I would imagine they will have it again.

Looking at the first videos to come out since I was too distracted by life to check out the menus when they came out, and I am honestly so disappointed by them as an allergy guest. I can’t remember ever seeing so many festival dishes with random tree nuts in them, I counted at least 2 entire booths that just have nothing safe for me to eat. It’s really disheartening and tbh I don’t think we’ll bother with more than one day at F&W.
I agree. I wonder if any of the plates with nut toppings can be made without nuts if we ask. My daughter has tree nut allergies.

I agree. I wonder if any of the plates with nut toppings can be made without nuts if we ask. My daughter has tree nut allergies.

We go down in two weeks and I will ask and see, but I'm not sure it's possible. Festival booths tend to be more limited than the QS locations due to the assembly line nature of things, from what I have seen in the past. I will still ask though, the worst they can tell me is no. It's just a bummer because a lot of the dishes looked really appealing to me only to be ruined by a side of death garnish!

We go down in two weeks and I will ask and see, but I'm not sure it's possible. Festival booths tend to be more limited than the QS locations due to the assembly line nature of things, from what I have seen in the past. I will still ask though, the worst they can tell me is no. It's just a bummer because a lot of the dishes looked really appealing to me only to be ruined by a side of death garnish!
But you'll still have the issue of the dish being prepared in an area where contamination (or cross contamintion) could occur, so pleae be careful.

But you'll still have the issue of the dish being prepared in an area where contamination (or cross contamintion) could occur, so pleae be careful.
I know. :) But I have found in the past that if a booth has an item on the menu that contains nuts I'm safe ordering one of the others without issue. Fry Basket for instance I have gotten the yucca fries before and been fine. There have even been occasions from time to time at TS restaurants where they've told me they couldn't guarantee an item was cross-contamination free (usually bakery items that are not made in-house) and it's been okay...it tracks because I'm safe eating "may contain" labeled items from the store, I've found. But that is definitely a good point. tbh I wouldn't even attempt this at a booth like Milled & Mulled where every single item has them.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest