2018 Princess Half Marathon

Good to know! I have no desire to run 17 miles. Ever. lol

I said the same thing one time.....

You never know, medal envy kinda sneaks up on a person. One day, you'll find out "Oh the Disney 30th Anniversary Marathon is coming up," then BAAMM! you're signing up for more more distance than you ever thought possible... :duck:

And I ran the 20th Anniversary Marathon! It is such a pretty medal.

Never say never...I also said one child was enough and had four! :love:

I'm still sick; I haven't gone for a run in over a week so I didn't do a long run last week and probably won't this weekend either. I am so depressed about what my race is going to look like at this point. I just started antibiotics so maybe I can get in a few miles tomorrow.

Sigh.

I'm still sick; I haven't gone for a run in over a week so I didn't do a long run last week and probably won't this weekend either. I am so depressed about what my race is going to look like at this point. I just started antibiotics so maybe I can get in a few miles tomorrow.

Don't worry too much about it. It takes two weeks before you start losing fitness, and even then you'd need months before it would all be lost. Most of the hard work is behind you, and you did a good job qualifying for E corral as you'll have a huge buffer behind you and the sweepers. This may not be your race for a PR, but if you're aiming to have fun this break due to illness might even help as it will lessen your injury risk.

Rest up now, drink plenty of fluids, and take vitamin C. Try not to push yourself hard and focus on getting healthy before the event!

My sister and I are in H. The bib numbers are the early numbers in the group. Does this mean we can be closer to the front of the "H" pack? I'm so worried about the dreaded sweepers. I'm not very fast. I've done whole30 for January and noticed a great improvement in my performance so I'm sticking with clean eating until after the race. I just know I haven't done a good job about the longer distances. We did just over 7 last weekend and had an avg 16.5 MM. I do better if I can take it easy the first 1.5 to 2 miles and then increase my pace. Based on some of what I've read it sounds like the first part starts slow and crowded anyway. Am I reading this correctly? Any tips or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated! I've been reading through the forum and trying to glean as much as I can.

My sister and I are in H. The bib numbers are the early numbers in the group. Does this mean we can be closer to the front of the "H" pack? I'm so worried about the dreaded sweepers. I'm not very fast. I've done whole30 for January and noticed a great improvement in my performance so I'm sticking with clean eating until after the race. I just know I haven't done a good job about the longer distances. We did just over 7 last weekend and had an avg 16.5 MM. I do better if I can take it easy the first 1.5 to 2 miles and then increase my pace. Based on some of what I've read it sounds like the first part starts slow and crowded anyway. Am I reading this correctly? Any tips or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated! I've been reading through the forum and trying to glean as much as I can.

There is no organization by bib number within the corral. It's a first come first served basis if you want to be at the very front. The 16 minute pace starts when the last runner crosses over the starting line. My advice is to get into your corral as early as possible so you can be at the very front. That will give a little bit of a buffer from the balloon ladies.

What did each of you choose for an anticipated finish time when you registered for the event? If she selected a slower finish time that may be why she was bumped to F. If you go into your active account whatever you selected will be on your registration. POT isn't the only thing they look at when assigning a corral. They use that anticipated finish time too.

I'm the friend she's referring to. I was placed in H and there is another friend in F (which she is properly placed in based off of POT). I had no time to go off of when I registered so I had selected 3:01 as a guess but forgot to adjust it when I submitted my POT (which projects me to finish in 2:37). I realized this mistake just after cut off for POT so was never able to adjust it. I emailed the day that bibs came out and they responded yesterday that they will adjust my corral to E as a one time courtesy which I am so grateful for. :worship:

Yay corral E!

You never know, medal envy kinda sneaks up on a person. One day, you'll find out "Oh the Disney 30th Anniversary Marathon is coming up," then BAAMM! you're signing up for more more distance than you ever thought possible... :duck:

I won't ever say never...because I said I'd never run. I'll just say that it is highly highly unlikely.

:jumping1: Three weeks until the half marathon :jumping1:
I love getting up early and running on the weekends. It's 9:30am and I've run, showered and done all my chores. Now to be lazy for the rest of the day, drink coffee and binge watch Top Chef!

Don't worry too much about it. It takes two weeks before you start losing fitness, and even then you'd need months before it would all be lost. Most of the hard work is behind you, and you did a good job qualifying for E corral as you'll have a huge buffer behind you and the sweepers. This may not be your race for a PR, but if you're aiming to have fun this break due to illness might even help as it will lessen your injury risk.

Rest up now, drink plenty of fluids, and take vitamin C. Try not to push yourself hard and focus on getting healthy before the event!

Thank you for the kind words. Sometimes a gal just needs a pep talk.

The first time I signed up for the PHM I had a non-running-related injury and ended up not being able to run at all, so I've been seeing visions of that failure too. But as my boss pointed out, I walk faster than some people run (she says, as the person often trying to keep up with me!) so I need to just take it easy and I'll at least finish and hey I'm getting a Disney vacation out of it!

:jumping1: Three weeks until the half marathon :jumping1:
I love getting up early and running on the weekends. It's 9:30am and I've run, showered and done all my chores. Now to be lazy for the rest of the day, drink coffee and binge watch Top Chef!

Totally agree! My favorite thing is to come home from a long run and realize my kids aren't out of bed yet :) Unfortunately, our rec center (indoor track) doesn't open until noon on Sundays, and we have snow again in Pittsburgh today, so I'm delayed a couple more hours. Really hoping to have decent weather next Saturday for my 12 miles - I can't imagine 96 times around that track :scared:

I had every intention on getting up early this morning so I could get my long run in, but then I turned off my alarm and slept an extra two hours. Oof. I was on the fence about doing a long run today anyway, and now it's raining, and I still need to go to the grocery store for Super Bowl snacks, so there goes that. My training hasn't completely been derailed, but I need to be really diligent these next three weeks. Thankfully, I had worked extra weeks into my training program, so I can still get in two more long runs before race day and feel confident.

I'm thinking the source of my hips/back issue has been my recent switch to new shoes. I had been running in the Saucony Guide 8 and Guide 9, and recently switched to the Guide 10. I think the Guide 10 is a significantly different design, and has caused my gait to change. I'm going to try switching back to my Guide 9s and see if that helps. The only reason I switched to the Guide 10s was because they would match my race outfits better (lol); my Guide 9s still have plenty of mileage left on them before they'll need to be retired.

Those costumes are awesome! Great job!
I got out for 9 yesterday in the cold and it was pretty miserable. My hands especially, they were cold for the first 2 then felt fine until about the last 2 where it felt like I was getting frostbite! Was hoping for 10 but got to where my car was right at 9 and just stopped. I’ll go for 10 next weekend and that’s going to be my last long one.
It’s getting so close!

I'm the friend she's referring to. I was placed in H and there is another friend in F (which she is properly placed in based off of POT). I had no time to go off of when I registered so I had selected 3:01 as a guess but forgot to adjust it when I submitted my POT (which projects me to finish in 2:37). I realized this mistake just after cut off for POT so was never able to adjust it. I emailed the day that bibs came out and they responded yesterday that they will adjust my corral to E as a one time courtesy which I am so grateful for. :worship:

Yay corral E!

#runprincessrun!

@HockeyMomNH those are awesome!! I'm so impressed!

I'm cobbling together a costume mostly with stuff I already have--I bought some tentacle leggings but I already pretty much have Ursula earrings and the same shell necklace I wore as Ariel will be making a reappearance. both belonged to my grandmother! haha she'd probably be so confused by my wearing her jewelry to run a race.

Someone convince me to do one more long run next weekend. I haven’t done one since 10 miles on 1/21 although I have been running consistently since then and improving my pace on shorter runs. The long runs are just so tedious for me, I need someone to guilt trip me into doing one last one.

Someone convince me to do one more long run next weekend. I haven’t done one since 10 miles on 1/21 although I have been running consistently since then and improving my pace on shorter runs. The long runs are just so tedious for me, I need someone to guilt trip me into doing one last one.

Official training plan says to do it, so do it. :) I'll be torturing myself with it, too. And since I'm doing the challenge it'll be long-ish on Saturday as well as long on Sunday.

I emailed the day that bibs came out and they responded yesterday that they will adjust my corral to E as a one time courtesy which I am so grateful for.

Lucky! I'm glad for you.

The only reason I switched to the Guide 10s was because they would match my race outfits better (lol)

NO matter how cute the shoes are, it's not worth it if they hurt you.

At 45 the peroneus longus injuries I had at 18 showed back up and are causing problems. And those were caused by shoes that were inappropriate for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter