2018 Princess Half Marathon

I got that email like 4 hours after I'd booked my FPs :sad2: and I do feel bad for everyone who has a short trip and can't get FOP. (I'm there 8 days so I just booked later in the trip.) This is worse than when 7DMT opened... I was able to get like 2-3 of those. Keep checking back to see if you can add??

At least your email arrived on the appropriate day! I booked yesterday morning, 6 cst, and got the email at 10:20 today!:rolleyes1 :) No FOP FP, though I did see some for evening one of the days we'll be in a different park. We're in the parks only 4 days this go-round.

I had no trouble getting FPs for FOP this morning, but for Tuesday the 27th (60+4). I’m sure it was much harder for earlier days in anyone’s trips.

I booked FOP for Tuesday morning, which is the last day of our trip. We are going to try to wait in line on Thursday night too. There is definitely a benefit to having a longer trip booked.

Keep trying for FOP. I was bummed because I didn't get it for my Marathon weekend trip, but then they must have opened up more because I was able to snag one about two weeks ago. There were a lot available so I am not sure if they open up more at the 30 day window or if people were just finalizing plans, but don't get discouraged!

So we are going on a cruise the next week, and I just put together that this is going on as well. I've done no training at all, but I may splurge the Christmas money and do the challenge on this (did they raise prices? Seems more expensive). Decisions decisions.

I’d love some input!

I missed the 8 mile and 7 mile (with magic mile) runs from the Galloway Fairy Tale Challenge training plan. I was sick for the 7 mile and I can’t remember what happened with the 8 mile. I did the 4 mile with MM today (bc I’m donating blood tomorrow and knew I couldn’t run after that lol).

Next weekend will be the back to back runs, with Sunday at 9.5 miles.

And I wonder...do I bother finding times to do the 8 and 7 mile runs? When? Do I drop them and just move forward? Perhaps add in more short runs during the week (on top of Galloway’s two short weekday runs) to make sure I at least have some extra conditioning?

I’ve done multiple halfs and challenges since January 2014, though none have been fabulously successful due to injuries and lack of training (and the plague that hit me for that first half). So this is sort of new. I’ve either fully and perfectly trained (TOT 2013 and some local 10ks around that time) or I’ve just made it up as I showed up at the start, just sort of willed myself to finish.

Does anyone have any thoughts? What would YOU do?

Thanks in advance for anyone’s thoughts on this.

I have gotten incredible off track with my long runs. I did a 10k at the end of October and planned to pick up on the Galloway plan after that long run distance and...then got lazy. I did a 9.5 trail run at the beginning of December, but no real long distance since then, so now I am both not behind and way behind. I think this weekend instead of 9.5 I am going to aim for 8 and build up from there. I find it very boring to do the long runs by myself around my neighborhood, but the time is upon me now to suck it up and put in the miles.

So we are going on a cruise the next week, and I just put together that this is going on as well. I've done no training at all, but I may splurge the Christmas money and do the challenge on this (did they raise prices? Seems more expensive). Decisions decisions.

Every year it’s more expensive, but I think even the challenge is sold out. Could be wrong.

I find it very boring to do the long runs by myself around my neighborhood, but the time is upon me now to suck it up and put in the miles.

So true.

I was able to get FOP no issues but It's like on Sunday of a trip we start on 20th so I had big head start. I also will say during W+D booking time I/most others couldn't get FOP for any part of our trip than all the sudden one day there was a CRAP Load so keep checking.

I also will say during W+D booking time I/most others couldn't get FOP for any part of our trip than all the sudden one day there was a CRAP Load so keep checking.
I was one of those people... we were only staying Thu-Sun got online at 7am 60 days out and could only get Sunday at like 630 PM we booked it though we assumed we'd already be back home and wouldn't be able to ride... about 40ish days out I hit here at the right time and was able to modify it to 11 AM

I am so behind in training. I have not run since October because I had my ladder accident right before Halloween. Well, I ran 1 mile at the beginning of December, but my knee was still bothering me so I waited a few more weeks to try again. I'm finally able to kneel on it so I went out today and managed to get 4 miles in. My average pace was 2:00 slower per mile than what I normally run and I thought I was going to die the last 1/2 mile. My knee held up just fine, but I'm still having some pain with my ankle on uneven surfaces. Would KT tape help with that? I was looking at an ankle brace, but not sure I want to shell out the money for one just to have it annoy me. I can't even wear socks with toe seams LOL!!!

Seconding KT tape... It’s pretty amazing stuff. If you end up using it regularly though, there’s a generic Kiniseology Tape that you can buy from Amazon in packs of 6 rolls. It’s much more affordable than the name brand stuff.

I’m also totally behind in my training schedule. We ran a 10k for Thanksgiving and then a week off, followed by a terrible cold that stuck around for nearly 2 weeks. We managed to run every day over the Christmas weekend for a total of 25k, but it’s not as much as I’d hoped to run at this point. DH is struggling in his long runs (6-7 miles) so I don’t want to ramp him up too quickly, but 13.1 is coming up soon! At this point we’re so off our training plan that we’ll probably just try to work on building our mileage base and completely drop the workouts.

Right now there’s an extreme cold weather alert here... I’m trying to decide if it’s worth trying to run outside today. It’s currently -23 C, feels like -29 C (-9 F / -20 F). Brrrrrr....

Right now there’s an extreme cold weather alert here... I’m trying to decide if it’s worth trying to run outside today. It’s currently -23 C, feels like -29 C (-9 F / -20 F). Brrrrrr....

yeah we are a few degrees warmer than that but not much... I was debating going out today but then luckily (?) I got sick so I can't run today anyway. if it's the same thing the BF had earlier this week it should go away quickly so I can get back out there... I'm feeling VERY behind right now. :(

Not quite as cold here (the feels like this am was -1), but I don't have access to a treadmill so I went out. It wasn't that bad, but I only did a little over 2 miles. Thinking I need to push back my 10 miler to next weekend which really stinks because by then it'll be 4 weeks since I last ran long. Ugh. I remember now why I quit running long races a few years ago...

I also will say during W+D booking time I/most others couldn't get FOP for any part of our trip than all the sudden one day there was a CRAP Load so keep checking.

We were one of those for W&D weekend, as well. Originally had booked Na'avi River Journey at our 60-day mark, then magically they opened up FOP FPs about two weeks out, so I cancelled our Na'avi FPs for FOP. My husband was thrilled! Fingers-crossed that happens again!

It is freezing here (single digits tomorrow!) with a ton of snow, so I'm running my 9.5 on the treadmill tomorrow :guilty::crazy2: For some reason I run much slower on the treadmill than I do outside, so I'm in for a long haul!

It is freezing here (single digits tomorrow!) with a ton of snow, so I'm running my 9.5 on the treadmill tomorrow :guilty::crazy2: For some reason I run much slower on the treadmill than I do outside, so I'm in for a long haul!

good luck! I was really hoping for warmer weather this coming week. Several years ago was a cold winter and I did every run on the TM, it can be done, just not fun. I run slower on the TM too.

I’m just coming off a nasty viral bronchitis that lasted over 4 weeks. I tried running a couple miles on the treadmill on Tuesday and almost passed out. Was able to do 2 yesterday and 5 today. Hoping for at least another 5 on Monday since I’m off work. For now mine will all be on the treadmill as it is way too cold out there!
We are doing the challenge and I’m trying to make dinner reservations for Friday night Wanted to eat in Disney Springs as we’ll be staying at SSR. Where is everyone dining for the weekend?

Woot woot! Got 8 miles in this morning! My ankle started bothering me so I didn't finish the last 1.5 miles. I still need to get KT tape at the running store. I went out this morning to just run and not give any thought about my pace and training. Sometimes I just need to put on some music and go! The sun was shining and temperature was perfect at 40 degrees.

I still need to make reservations myself. We are staying at beach club. I really like Flying Fish at the Boardwalk so we will probably eat there and maybe Il Mulino over at the Swan.

I was going to run out and grab KT tape today, but just realized the Marathon expo is this week! I think I'll run over there and visit the KT booth so I can watch them apply tape to my ankle and learn to do it at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter