2017 Holidays at Disney World: What's New & What's Returning

Saw a post earlier today on FB that holiday decorations(at least some of them), have gone up at DHS.

I wonder if they'll put the Christmas wreath back up on the Contemporary this year...

I saw where there will be AP previews of the Christmas stuff on Sunset Blvd coming up in the next few days.That will be cool. I'll be at DHS the evening of 11/7 and will be checking it out

On my arrival day, I was hoping to park at Epcot, walk up to France to eat lunch, and then either boat/walk to DHS for the afternoon. I'd watch JBJB (likely foregoing trying for Fantasmic) and heading back to Epcot for a quick last ride and heading back to my car/hotel check-in.

My question is -- how quickly can I travel between Epcot and DHS? Either on foot or boat. And when I return to Epcot for the evening, how late do the boats run? Trying to maximize the number of holiday storytellers and normal attractions I experience.

Is anyone doing the Yuletide Tour? I've done a look up and all the previous threads seem to be from 2012 or earlier.
We are doing in on Friday, December 1st. I wanted to do some different things this trip and this sounded good to us. The reviews from the past are a bit mixed but we are willing to give it a try.

On my arrival day, I was hoping to park at Epcot, walk up to France to eat lunch, and then either boat/walk to DHS for the afternoon. I'd watch JBJB (likely foregoing trying for Fantasmic) and heading back to Epcot for a quick last ride and heading back to my car/hotel check-in.

My question is -- how quickly can I travel between Epcot and DHS? Either on foot or boat. And when I return to Epcot for the evening, how late do the boats run? Trying to maximize the number of holiday storytellers and normal attractions I experience.
From the International Gateway to DHS would be a 20 minute brisk walk. If you make this walk, make sure that you cut throw the Boardwalk's pool to save some time. Walking would be quicker than the boat. The boats should run an hour after park closing, but I don't know if DHS and Epcot close at the same time if you could get back into Epcot to get to your parked car.

We are doing in on Friday, December 1st. I wanted to do some different things this trip and this sounded good to us. The reviews from the past are a bit mixed but we are willing to give it a try.

Same here, I love the bts tours and this was only offered in the holiday season. I went ahead and signed up for the tour on the 9th.

Anyone seen the new Sunset Seasons Greetings in person (not on youtube!)? What did you think? How often is it scheduled? e.g. every 30 mins? hourly?

Has anyone had the Thanksgiving themed flatbread at Pinocchio Village Haus? I know it’s a risk, but I want to try it.

Is anyone doing the Yuletide Tour? I've done a look up and all the previous threads seem to be from 2012 or earlier.

We're doing it on 12/14 followed by the Christmas Party. I've searched high and low and found mixed reviews but one of them, back in 2015, had high praises for it, so I said why not, and booked it. Although it doesn't require a ticket you get to go inside EPCOT (backstage) and Magic Kingdom (on stage at MSUSA) and I'm excited about that.

We're doing it on 12/14 followed by the Christmas Party. I've searched high and low and found mixed reviews but one of them, back in 2015, had high praises for it, so I said why not, and booked it. Although it doesn't require a ticket you get to go inside EPCOT (backstage) and Magic Kingdom (on stage at MSUSA) and I'm excited about that.

Me too! There was a review from last year that made it sound right up my alley. Plus, I am generally easy to please as I am delighted by the little things. :) I'm doing it November 30, so I can report back!

I tried scheduling this tour for Dec. 1st but it was full. We are now doing it on Tuesday 11/28.

Please report back to us!
Just experienced the Sunset Blvd Christmas show. My quick impressions:
-Projections on ToT were pretty cool. The sound for the music was really good. I recommend getting a spot down close to the Tower to best see the projections. First time through tonight we watched it from halfway up Sunset and images were not as clear.
-Lots of people will like the snow. I’m not to crazy about the soapy version of snow but I know I’m in a minority.
-Pretty good synthesis of lighting on the trees and decorations
-We didn’t try any of the special drinks and snacks. We had a Primetime ADR right before this thing started.
-Got a couple rides in on ToT and RnRC with no wait at all
-Passholder merch was lame. A red shirt with those two elves from Prep and Landing. Didn’t interest me at all

I've looked at it. I can't figure out what is different about it and Holiday D-Lights. We did Holiday D-Lights a couple years ago. Enjoyed it a lot but not something I'd do again. Can't figure out how much of an overlap there is in the two tours

I've looked at it. I can't figure out what is different about it and Holiday D-Lights. We did Holiday D-Lights a couple years ago. Enjoyed it a lot but not something I'd do again. Can't figure out how much of an overlap there is in the two tours
Holiday D-Lights starts at 4pm, includes dinner at WCC, seating at Candlelight Processional and Illuminations AND costs $160 more per person! :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter