2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

And now it's just at a stage of silliness, really.... because we know that someone, somewhere, on the official side of things at DLR, is aware that Halloween Time is starting on 9/15. The Disney Debit folks had to get that date from someone official who sets dates and can release that info. They probably know the MHP dates too (because Disney Visa Card holders will be able to use their Visa for discounts).

So it's really just a matter of making us wait a bit longer while they firm up the details of what exactly will be included in Halloween Time and/or in Mickey's Halloween Party -- and that is where we might run into further delay, if the ride overlays are going to be announced at the Expo. Let's hope we don't have to wait until next week or something crazy.

And now it's just at a stage of silliness, really.... because we know that someone, somewhere, on the official side of things at DLR, is aware that Halloween Time is starting on 9/15. The Disney Debit folks had to get that date from someone official who sets dates and can release that info. They probably know the MHP dates too (because Disney Visa Card holders will be able to use their Visa for discounts).

So it's really just a matter of making us wait a bit longer while they firm up the details of what exactly will be included in Halloween Time and/or in Mickey's Halloween Party -- and that is where we might run into further delay, if the ride overlays are going to be announced at the Expo. Let's hope we don't have to wait until next week or something crazy.
I think there's a good chance we'll get the info during the Parks and Resorts presentation at the Expo on Saturday, which will probably be followed up with an immediate blog post. 2 new overlays seems like it would be a good topic in between the bigger announcements. There's nothing listed about having to store your phones for this presentation so the info would hit the internet pretty quickly!

Hi, all. Just catching up on this thread and looked at the visa debit card site previously linked. Did anyone notice the sentence copied below on the right side of the page? I feel like it is referring to the Halloween party sales (but obviously the site is still missing information on the actual parties!) Its like an easter egg hunt for adults :)

"Or call 866-279-7166 and use code VISAto book with your Disney Visa Debit Card before tickets become available to the general public on July 18, 2017."

At previous D23 Expos, there has been a booth to purchase MHP tickets. But the Expo is one month earlier than usual this year, so I wonder if there will be an announcement during Expo with a booth opening afterward or if there will even be a booth at all.

If Halloween time starts 9/15, when would you expect SM and HM to go down for the switch over?

When I was there last year and the previous year at the very beginning of September, HM was down for the overlay at that time. It was back open a couple weeks later.

If Halloween time starts 9/15, when would you expect SM and HM to go down for the switch over?

When I planned our Disney trip I purposely planned 11th-15th so I would miss those overlay ride closures. Thought for sure Halloween time was starting the 8th (since it started the 9th last year and it has been so popular) BOO! We all should have thought something was fishy when the "Summer of Heros" went until Sept 10. Now I *might* catch the crazy opening for 1/2 the day and it looks like the rides will be down for the week we are there.

Now our boys will have no summer of heros and no Halloween time either. Caught wind of a Cast Party that week too that may close a park down early! Worst week ever! Too bad the plane tickets are already purchased and non refundable. :guilty::confused3

Maybe it's a week later this year because of the potential overlays in DCA as well?
I swear I read rumors of more Halloween in that park as they prepare to move the party there in next couple years

Caught wind of a Cast Party that week too that may close a park down early!
Oh no...details please. What day is this potential cast party?

I will be there about the same time as you. It seems like it's turning into the trip from hell. Although I still want to wait and see what the official Disney blog post says...

Hi, all. Just catching up on this thread and looked at the visa debit card site previously linked. Did anyone notice the sentence copied below on the right side of the page? I feel like it is referring to the Halloween party sales (but obviously the site is still missing information on the actual parties!) Its like an easter egg hunt for adults :)

"Or call 866-279-7166 and use code VISAto book with your Disney Visa Debit Card before tickets become available to the general public on July 18, 2017."
Sorry but to me it's a poorly worded way of saying the vacation packages referenced in the email go on sale to the general public on July 18 (the hotel discounts).

;) I noticed it, but when I called to book my discounted room (and again yesterday to ask a question) the CMs at the Chase Visa phone center said they didn't know when the Halloween dates or tickets would be released. One even mentioned that the info was released on the 13th last year and claimed that the info should be made public any day now. Fingers crossed for it to be today!

While anticipating new information, every morning I feel like Anna when she's all excited about Coronation Day! Then, in the late afternoon, I feel like Prince Hans has betrayed me and left me for dead! :upsidedow

We've talked about it in this thread. Space Mountain appears to be down this year, from August 21 through September 14. It was mentioned here by figment_jii a few days ago. Now that is not the normal period of down time for SM leading up to the Halloween Time season. It is normally only closed 3 or 4 days for the overlay installation. So there must be some sort of maintenance happening to the ride first, and then the Ghost Galaxy overlay will be installed in the week leading up to 9/15.

I would expect that Haunted Mansion should probably go down on 8/28 or within a day or two after that, for the installation of the seasonal overlay, unless I am overlooking something obvious.

Maybe it's a week later this year because of the potential overlays in DCA as well?
I swear I read rumors of more Halloween in that park as they prepare to move the party there in next couple years

If you scroll back through the last few pages, you will see we have been discussing that off and on in this thread. The rumors came from MiceChat a couple of weeks ago. There are supposed to be 2 phases to the transition of moving Halloween Time to DCA, with some things happening this year (2 ride overlays in DCA) and some things happening next year (MHP moving to DCA, Halloween World of Color, etc.). That's a huge part of the reason some of us are extra-eager to get the official news -- we want to see if the rumors turn out to be accurate, and what exactly is being added in this year.

;) I noticed it, but when I called to book my discounted room (and again yesterday to ask a question) the CMs at the Chase Visa phone center said they didn't know when the Halloween dates or tickets would be released. One even mentioned that the info was released on the 13th last year and claimed that the info should be made public any day now. Fingers crossed for it to be today!

While anticipating new information, every morning I feel like Anna when she's all excited about Coronation Day! Then, in the late afternoon, I feel like Prince Hans has betrayed me and left me for dead! :upsidedow

The Cast Members on the phones are always the last to know anything. They find out right after the Parks Blog gets the info. And, frankly, even if they were given advance notice of any news (ahead of when they would normally get it), they couldn't tell us. But a lot of times we will know information before the CMs on the phone know about it (and that includes dates).

Space Mountain is closing on August 21 this year (it looks like they're going to be doing a refurbishment as well as the overlay); normally it only goes down for three or four days to have the overlay installed. Haunted Mansion will close sometime in late-August (assuming HalloweenTime starts on 9/15 and that's when HM will re-open, then August 28 is now the most likely date).

Oh no...details please. What day is this potential cast party?
This might be referring to the annual Legacy Award Ceremony. It was held on September 10 in 2015, but I can't find the date for 2016. It's not something they'll announce to the public (normally), so unfortunately, we won't really know until they publish the operating calendar for September whether it's likely to be happening (if there is random early non-MHP closure, then that might be the Legacy Award Ceremony night).

Last edited:

I can't take the waiting anymore Sherry... It is driving me nutty.. :eek:

I can't take the waiting anymore Sherry... It is driving me nutty.. :eek:

I don't blame you now! As I was saying yesterday, now it's just silly because it's clear that someone in the whole Disney empire knows that 9/15 is the start date of the season, since it's been posted on the Disney Debit site, and the Space Mountain closure dates are up on the DLR website (though hard to find if you don't know where to look). And it looks like the call center could possibly be prepping for some sort of large volume of calls sometime next week -- so that even implies that there could possibly be some ticket sales at some point before the end of next week.

So, the Parks Blog -- unless they plan on doing something ridiculous like wait until Wednesday, July 19 to make the announcement -- has broken the Wednesday announcement tradition. They are either being completely left in the dark and they know nothing, or they are waiting for some other piece of info to announce.... or waiting for the Expo this weekend. So those of us who are not even going to the Expo might have to wait for it to happen to get our Halloween Time news!:headache:

Stop the madness, Disney!

Space Mountain is closing on August 21 this year (it looks like they're going to be doing a refurbishment as well as the overlay); normally it only goes down for three or four days to have the overlay installed. Haunted Mansion will close sometime in late-August (assuming HalloweenTime starts on 9/15 and that's when HM will re-open, then August 28 is now the most likely date).

Bummer. Our first park day is Aug 29th. I have already accepted that we will miss Haunted Mansion, but with the latest talk I had a small glimmer of hope that it would be open a bit later this year. If only they would keep it until end of Aug but I imagine that is not likely. I suppose I can still hold onto that 3% chance that we can catch it but not likely.

This might be referring to the annual Legacy Award Ceremony. It was held on September 10 in 2015, but I can't find the date for 2016. It's not something they'll announce to the public (normally), so unfortunately, we won't really know until they publish the operating calendar for September whether it's likely to be happening (if there is random early non-MHP closure, then that might be the Legacy Award Ceremony night).

Yep! I actually emailed touring last month because I noticed it on their schedule for 2017 (the week of Sept 11-16th) They sent me an email saying the past few years it was been that week in DCA and they have shut it down early to the public. Touring said they would remove it from their schedule (they did) so I could plan, but it still will probably happen. The week after the Labor Day crowds, but before full swing Halloween. Makes sense they would do it that week now especially with Halloween not starting until the 15th.

I was told it was an annual "cast member event" though, not the Legacy Awards. But who knows. Maybe they will have both? My expectations for that week in Disneyland are dropping pretty low.

Ah...that makes sense...DCA closed at 5:00 pm on September 15, 2016. So that's about the same time frame as before, just in DCA instead of DL.

Are we assuming since they made the big MaxPass announcement on the blog today, that we won't be seeing a Halloween blog post? The suspense is killing me!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter