2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been asked yet... I was fortunate to change my reservation to free dining, didn't have to switch my room choice either :) However, the price did increase by $170! I don't mind paying an extra $170 to eat for 11 days, but does anyone think this is unusual? I thought my room price would stay the same.
And I was able to change my resse to free dining online and I printed a confirmation email from the website. I have not yet rec'd an email with my changes - should I be concerned about this? I figured I would call in a day or two once the free dining excitement calms down a little? what does anyone think?

If you booked your original package before the ticket prices went up, that increase could be the new ticket prices. Or maybe you had a promo on your original package, and free dining charges rack rate on your room...

2 hours and 19 mins on hold. If i search the dates im looking for it comes in $200 less than if I just change my reservation. Whats up with that ?

Not sure if this has been asked yet... I was fortunate to change my reservation to free dining, didn't have to switch my room choice either :) However, the price did increase by $170! I don't mind paying an extra $170 to eat for 11 days, but does anyone think this is unusual? I thought my room price would stay the same.
And I was able to change my resse to free dining online and I printed a confirmation email from the website. I have not yet rec'd an email with my changes - should I be concerned about this? I figured I would call in a day or two once the free dining excitement calms down a little? what does anyone think?
Is there a chance you booked before rates went up? From what I understand if you booked pre Feb. rates were lower and therefore would increase should you change your package. I *think* that is what I understood from someone else...

The difference with the free dining and pool from paying for dining and standard was only $300. I would've thought I'd see a bigger difference but it was not as big because I had to upgrade to pool/lagoon
OK Gotcha! I got the Disney Visa offer email and checked through that link. Showing a tiny bit more.... like I could have gotten a garden view at YC for the same as my orig garden view at BC but.... looking at touringplans.com "resort view finder" thingy... the garden views at YC are not as nice as many in BC. Also, YC is a farther walk to Marketplace (which we use a lot) and Epcot. So for now, sticking with my BC water view. So glad I've been socking money away in my DVA since last July!

I got my 3 standard rooms at POP 9/13-20 no problem. I think it must be a slow time because I could always see availability over the last few weeks when everyone else said the website was being wonky. I also booked the second the deal dropped this am.
Congrats!!! POP seems to be the toughest to get right now. I'm also noticing the Mods. are quick to go too

Last edited:
The DV vs GP discounts are weird, I'm actually seeing the opposite for my dates over labor day. Pop is available for GP but not for DV. Mods are all the same and I didn't really pay that much attention to the deluxes.

Just wanted to say Thank You again to all who stayed up last night, especially Meeko for making that chat room and 5ofus for finding the offer as quick as they did.

I just checked out of curiosity and what I booked is still available-so I wouldn't have had to stayed up after all o_O But I had a great time and you just never know how it's going to be with Disney so I'm glad I stayed :yay:

Good luck and much pixie dust to those still tryingpixiedust:pixiedust:

I'm not sure how that would work with park tickets already purchased. I'm 2 hours in now! So crossing my fingers I get someone soon!
If you purchased park tickets outside of a package deal then yeah that could be complicated. I'd stay the course on the phone...good luck!

They could stagger it. Visa one day, free dining one day, room discounts one day.

When free dining by itself is enough to bring the system down, why would you throw more promos on top of it all at once?

Yeah, but even when visa had 3 days before everyone else the phones were this way.

Just wanted to say Thank You again to all who stayed up last night, especially Meeko for making that chat room and 5ofus for finding the offer as quick as they did.

I just checked out of curiosity and what I booked is still available-so I wouldn't have had to stayed up after all o_O But I had a great time and you just never know how it's going to be with Disney so I'm glad I stayed :yay:

Good luck and much pixie dust to those still tryingpixiedust:pixiedust:

It was wild, but fun!

And same here for booking this morning. Bitter and tired, party of 2 :p

After all of this, let's all make sure to BOOK BOUCEBACK this year!! Even if you're not sure of dates. You can modify or cancel once you get home. But I've kicked myself the last 4 years for not booking it. Luckily we decided no free dining this year, but thinking we will if it's offered as bounce back for next year.

AMEN to that! I will be booking before the end of arrival day!

How?? I keep refreshing and it says "we cant find that offer"...
Weird...not sure what to tell you. Maybe try a different browser or clearing your history/cookies? I'm not logged in to the Disney site or anything and if I click the link I posted it takes me straight to the deal. Sorry :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter